Thread: Grid Armor

Grid Armor

So what do you sacrifice to equip grid armor 2? There's obviously not enough IP to have everything you really need and use grid armor at a reasonable level.

you sacrifice wearing ga2 cuz it's rubbish.

on a more serious note, unless you're making a twink for a specific level of rk content i strongly advise against using grid armor. it's an expensive twink toy both in terms of creds and ip.

Well yea of course it's for RK content. I found it for free and have an alt to create the crystal so no worries about credits.

Are you planning on leveling? If yes, you're better off selling that GA2 and using the credits on more useful things.

Do you have expansions? If yes, GA is a waste of IP in MC. You don't need MC for anything else and the IP can be better spent elsewhere. SWS will let you wear other armor with your back item, use that instead.
    :E

feels like a waste to burn a ga2 on a subway twink :S can do an mp for a fraction of the cost that'll outperform the ga2 fix in just about every way. i forget if it's viable in totw or not but just mochams and wrangle and a bit of ip and you're golden if you trim ip well, but once again, other classes outperform fixer in totw so hard it's not even worth bothering. (my 56 stripped mp in a medsuit, ql 100 shop bought imps and shop bought pets solos the trio /afk)

really grid armor as a whole is, while cute and a defining part of the fixer toolset, just not very ... applicable in today's ao. aside from ga4 s10 twinks i can't really think of any content where a ga fixer shines or where another profession can't do the same thing for cheaper and faster. maybe if you're a froob it might be alright.

my personal suggestion to people who like GA fixers: buy ga1 and wear it in social.

EDIT: more ontopic: i'd cut more psychic, some sense, a bit more runspeed and some dodge to get enough MC to cast it if i had to. def would try to keep MC as low as possible and rely on mochams + wrangle for casting it and mochams for keeping it out of OE.
    Last edited by Lazy; Jun 10th, 2013 at 18:21:08.

GA2 isn't that bad on high lvls either, it's possibe to q-afk solo lvl 220 dyna bosses on a lvl 200 froob in ga2+aad imps, takes 20 mins tho.

Yeah but endgame froobs would just sell their GA2 and put the money towards saving up for GA4, because they know they'd be better off doing that than equipping the GA2.
    :E

With GA2 I could kill everything in ToTW without a scratch and even kill TIM in foremans.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

I use GA1 on my 196 fixer, and he still kicks ass!

T.I.M is not a good benchmark, my really crap fixer when i started out soloed it with GA I, it was both nerve wracking and boring at the same time. Biomare with GA I was interesting, mostly you were ok but every single hit landing was a crisis.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtrauma View Post
    T.I.M is not a good benchmark, my really crap fixer when i started out soloed it with GA I, it was both nerve wracking and boring at the same time. Biomare with GA I was interesting, mostly you were ok but every single hit landing was a crisis.
    I should specify. GA II on a lvl60 toon.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

The OP already knows there are drawbacks to using GA2. Despite that, he wants to use it. IP reset points exist.

I've never made a GA2 character, but I will try to contribute meaningfully to this thread. I played fixer back in 2001-2003 and used GA4, so I'll write this from a froob PvM perspective.

Unless you have an MP with you at all times (in ToTW, in Foreman's, etc.), or if you only do things in increments of an hour or less, you want to have GA2 non-OE without any outside buffs ASAP. Before this becomes a reality, try to get it 75%. Before that becomes a reality, use GA1 or use OSBs.

TS 380, MC 515, MM 533 => self-buffed, non-OE:
    TS 304, MC 412, MM 427.

Things to sacrifice:
    PM. This is used for roots (use snares), detection buffs (don't use these), evade debuff (casting this is annoying anyway), grid nanos (don't use these), and... MG/SMG buffs.

When IP is tight for GA2, it's 46 MG/SMG for an easy buff, 79 MG/SMG for a harder to cast buff. Either settle for the easier one, or get a mocham to cast the longer one. Way better than getting a mocham to keep GA2 out of OE, since you can recast the MG/SMG buff right before the mocham ends and have it running for a solid two-hour period, which is decent enough for most encounters/most people's attention spans.

SI. Similar story, lose some AR/Run Speed/NCU, or get a mocham and rebuff before its end. Jury-rigged, leech grid vector are good enough, corresponding snares are good enough.

Other things: run speed/burst/duck/abilities you don't need for twinking implants/MG/SMG bright cluster for MC, PM/SI clusters for intelligence.

I might consider just using it at 75%, GA1.5, if the IP really is that tight during non-twinking levels.