Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rehash: Gauntlet Timer

Bump. Gauntlet is anti casual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Wouldn't call it anti-casual. Its anti-anyone that cannot live purely around that timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurasaki View Post
    Wouldn't call it anti-casual. Its anti-anyone that cannot live purely around that timer.
    Yeah, so it's anti-casual. Casual isn't a slur, even though poopsocking losers would have people believe otherwise.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

I have not gone to gauntlet in months. Hopeless to get gear on three of my alts or any future alt because of the timelock nature. I don't have the time to schedule my life and make it a focal point around an npc spawn in a game...

Yeah. Maybe make plates yesdrop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Bump for this. Would like to see the window longer than 5 minutes and some way to reasonable farm armor.

Bump. This is still a problem that needs looked at.

Also, I'm working on a twink so I've been regularly checking to try and get the Gauntlet buff. It hasn't been up for 3 days (I'm Neutral and have checked both sides every few hours). There seems to be a worrying trend where certain orgs (and very often multiboxers) win the Gauntlet race and keep bags of the item in their bank. Maybe it's not technologically possible in AO, but I would like to see the NPC instantly start giving the buff to the faction of the first non-Neut to open the corpse, or something similar.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

It was probably hard to get into because it was initially a race among many players to finish. But in today's game with our population that wants to do this content, It should be easy to get into. Someone mentioned in another post having a lockout on it. I'd rather see a 12-18 hour lockout once you get inside rather than it being so difficult to get into. Once you die thats it till lockouts over. Just make it a new portal near pande entrance.

The easiest thing I can think of without the devs having to make serious changes would be to have gauntlet run every 9 hours. However, the non-instanced boss at the top could be kept on an 18 hour spawn timer. This way nothing has to be added to the game and the mechanics stay the same. But you now have double the time zone availability for the armor.

Quote Originally Posted by strohkirchw View Post
    The easiest thing I can think of without the devs having to make serious changes would be to have gauntlet run every 9 hours. However, the non-instanced boss at the top could be kept on an 18 hour spawn timer. This way nothing has to be added to the game and the mechanics stay the same. But you now have double the time zone availability for the armor.
    I like this too. Are there any parts that drop only from top boss? I have only been able to do the first 3 bosses but I think the tier 3 parts must come from the floor higher than that or I have bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by paperjockey View Post
    I like this too. Are there any parts that drop only from top boss? I have only been able to do the first 3 bosses but I think the tier 3 parts must come from the floor higher than that or I have bad luck.
    Top boss drop completed plates.

I still feel my suggestion is a good compromise.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Top boss drop completed plates.

I still feel my suggestion is a good compromise.
    I do like your suggestion but I was under the impression that they don't like to rebuild zones? Your suggest would require putting in a portal some where then attaching a raid timer to the location. Mine just requires them to change the timer on the mob that spawns the portal. Also, since you just want the instance to be open all the time then the spawning of the mob that opens the portal no longer matters. So the announcement of his spawn would need to be changed to that of the tree boss and given a new name. So like mentioned, I like your suggestion but simply reducing the portal mob spawn time seems much much more feasible and effortless.

Quote Originally Posted by paperjockey View Post
    There are 5 bosses total. Floors 1 and 4 drop the same type of parts and floors 2 and 3 drop the same type of parts. Like mentioned above, the main boss drops 1 completed plate of each type. Assuming he is still alive when you get there. His towers drop parts as well just like the floor 4 boss. Only difference is the towers on the final floor respawn multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by strohkirchw View Post
    I do like your suggestion but I was under the impression that they don't like to rebuild zones? Your suggest would require putting in a portal some where then attaching a raid timer to the location. Mine just requires them to change the timer on the mob that spawns the portal. Also, since you just want the instance to be open all the time then the spawning of the mob that opens the portal no longer matters. So the announcement of his spawn would need to be changed to that of the tree boss and given a new name. So like mentioned, I like your suggestion but simply reducing the portal mob spawn time seems much much more feasible and effortless.
    Add a new portal next to iPande / Collector, or on the other side of the Caina next to Vizaresh's ghost.
    Entrance takes you to Floor 1, and casts a hostile unremovable buff ala TotW/IS/APF{13,28,35}.
    Killing the first boss puts a raid lock on you.
    Using the 4th floor teleporter with the buff running clears the buff and teleports you to the Caina instead of the platform.

That would require adding 1 DB item for the buff, 1 new asset with a copy/paste teleport location, 1 boss kill modification for the raid lock, and 1 teleport condition check to be added. Fairly simple, and don't see why it can't be done inside an hour.

That way you can still do a floor 1-4 every n hours, as well as a full run including a shot at the boss every 17h10m.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Bump, increase the availability of gauntlet before doing the tl4 instance!

Today, at 11 am CET, we tried to gather a team, but even tho its sunday, it was impossible to gather the required professions.
    You have to go into gauntlet with the character you are gathering the pad on. We can't rely on people doing gauntlets on toons they don't need em on forever.

The player base is too small to have timed pvm events. Just put a lockout on it and be done with it. Id rather take a week lockout than how it is now. The current state is frustrating and annoying.

I started to play this game in 05, now I'm 27 years old. When I started, most people were older than me. Based on this I highly doubt the average AO player doesn't have a job and/or family. We can't join these pvm events at odd hours, if I'm lucky I can join once in two weeks. And you can't expect players with a job and family to schedule their life around a pvm event in a game. Please do something about gauntlet before you create an entirely new instance. Gauntlet is still a fun and excitign instance, with some of the best items in the game. There have been numerous good suggestions on how to change this. Pick one and give us a chance to play this game within our own schedule.

Bump!

I ran my NT through Gaunt 4 times now with him picking up 100% of the loot, and he STILL didn't get complete set for 3 armor pieces. Ridiculous. So a full team would have to do the instance upwards of 20+ times for all to get all 3 armor pieces upgraded.

That's tolerable only if it can be farmed at will, or at best every 4 hrs or something (not top floor, I'm on board with that staying 17 hrs)
    Rosss / Rawdeal

My AO YouTube vids

The Red Brotherhood My home and family!

Bumpies

The change is long overdue.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12