Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: So combined supple based armor is now 1b per piece

its not free if youve spent days of play time getting points in a raid bot, youve just swapped the currency your paying in to something else

Quote Originally Posted by Unkfix View Post
    I did 8 raids and got 1 275 supple. Please tell me the droprate is 1.6% again
    I flipped a coin 4 times and got 3 heads. Tell me the chance is not 75%.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Sempermalus View Post
    The problem is everyone thinks they have to have alien armor. There is absolutely nothing that requires you to own it, and if you absolutely have to have it, join a raidbot, farm points, spend it on supple from s42, bam CC for free.
    You try getting on a weapon requiring 1600+ burst as a crat or doc WITHOUT IT, and as for the raidbot, too many people with no real lives have far too many points to ever dream of winning them.. gave up on that ages ago. So, many ppl must relay on farming it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Cariadast View Post
    You try getting on a weapon requiring 1600+ burst as a crat or doc WITHOUT IT, and as for the raidbot, too many people with no real lives have far too many points to ever dream of winning them.. gave up on that ages ago. So, many ppl must relay on farming it themselves.
    That doesn't require that you own it, though. You can borrow it. Though yes, keeping it out of OE would likely require owning the armor. You should have mentioned that instead.

Ah, yes, leech off someone else's labor/time/investment. What a great solution to the problem.

I would be ok if they just deleted AI armor from the game... that way not everyone just ran around looking exactly the same with exactly the same setup..

granted people would still find what would be considered "best gear setup for prof X"
    it would actually use some items not just the same ugly armor over and over on every damn prof
    Noorb: 220 Keeper
    Retention: 217 shade
    Hawtpants: 210 trader
    Osker: 210 MA(may re roll)

Quote Originally Posted by Noky69 View Post
    I would be ok if they just deleted AI armor from the game... that way not everyone just ran around looking exactly the same with exactly the same setup..

granted people would still find what would be considered "best gear setup for prof X"
    it would actually use some items not just the same ugly armor over and over on every damn prof
    Please see my idea for changing Ofab in this posit to avoid cookie cutter armor

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    That doesn't require that you own it, though. You can borrow it. Though yes, keeping it out of OE would likely require owning the armor. You should have mentioned that instead.
    What shake said...

And frankly I think it was intimated that if you need 1600+ Burst to get ON the gun you want, it will require you to MAINTAIN the 1600+ to keep keep it out of OE and make it hit with the same shininess that first attracted you to feel insane enough to try to attempt a full set of AI Armor, so you COULD wear the shiny "OMG I HAVE TO HAVE IT", gun in the first place, or why bother ?

And yes, I did breathe ...somewhere in there :P

Use xan of lust and youll be able to equip it in a set of med suit for 20k.

Noticed someone saying WTB Css Gloves 1.5b the other day heh.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanillashake View Post
    Ah, yes, leech off someone else's labor/time/investment. What a great solution to the problem.
    This has nothing to do with me, and the requirements for the guns have nothing to do with AI armor. Keep trying!

What shake said...

And frankly I think it was intimated that if you need 1600+ Burst to get ON the gun you want, it will require you to MAINTAIN the 1600+ to keep keep it out of OE and make it hit with the same shininess that first attracted you to feel insane enough to try to attempt a full set of AI Armor, so you COULD wear the shiny "OMG I HAVE TO HAVE IT", gun in the first place, or why bother ?

And yes, I did breathe ...somewhere in there :P
    Or you could put on a lower weapon. It wasn't even that long ago where people had 199 guns in their offhand in endgame equip because of the MR requirement. Personally, I didn't feel like having a full set of CSS, so I just stuck with Lusts, which only require 900 Burst. That should be much more manageable, since I've got 1030 Burst as a nanomage MP with no supple-based armor on.

This has nothing to do with me, and the requirements for the guns have nothing to do with AI armor. Keep trying!

Or you could put on a lower weapon. It wasn't even that long ago where people had 199 guns in their offhand in endgame equip because of the MR requirement. Personally, I didn't feel like having a full set of CSS, so I just stuck with Lusts, which only require 900 Burst. That should be much more manageable, since I've got 1030 Burst as a nanomage MP with no supple-based armor on.
    So leave the gimpy crap I have on... on? Whats the point in that if I want a specific weapon? Why should *I* have to sacrifice what I want and need and fall behind the main stream to a degree that I'm cannon fodder because of some insanely high required skill when its actually possible with AI Armor? Why should I have to spend a year farming those *needed AI pieces or spend 5b on them?

You've taken this thread off topic and steered it toward why should I want a weapon that everyone tells me I should have, everyone I talk to wants, has, is getting, I want to put on, and really need at this level in game, at least in my mind, but you think I should settle for less.. when I DONT have to.

This isnt even ABOUT what weapons I should or anyone shouldnt wear. You've gone completely off topic, bring it back... bot drops or at least plausible suggests to correct armor and stats issues.

Your moronic suggestion to fix the problem of supple bots (and again, the problem is supple bots only) was to borrow someone else's armor to equip a gun. If everyone follows your brilliance, who's going to actually have the armor for everyone else to borrow? Furthermore, I'm glad you actively choose to be at a disadvantage as I'll enjoy destroying you in PvP, but for the rest of us, that's suicide. Clearly you don't PvP, where you MUST keep up with the Jones'. Not just in AO, in all games. In AO, however, that means the vast majority of the endgame population "needs" supple armor.

Good suggestions don't involve not having supple, just other ways to obtain it, or viable alternatives. People who aren't competitive in min/maxing their characters really just need to stay out of these discussions. You already don't have supple armor, or any desire to obtain it, so just stay out.

On topic: another bump for Lazy's idea of a single generic bot being exchangeable for whatever you'd like.
    Last edited by Vanillashake; May 22nd, 2013 at 20:04:33.

So leave the gimpy crap I have on... on? Whats the point in that if I want a specific weapon? Why should *I* have to sacrifice what I want and need and fall behind the main stream to a degree that I'm cannon fodder because of some insanely high required skill when its actually possible with AI Armor? Why should I have to spend a year farming those *needed AI pieces or spend 5b on them?

You've taken this thread off topic and steered it toward why should I want a weapon that everyone tells me I should have, everyone I talk to wants, has, is getting, I want to put on, and really need at this level in game, at least in my mind, but you think I should settle for less.. when I DONT have to.

This isnt even ABOUT what weapons I should or anyone shouldnt wear. You've gone completely off topic, bring it back... bot drops or at least plausible suggests to correct armor and stats issues.
    Then you borrow the armor to put on the gun and then move on. It doesn't require you to own it, which was the original point you were arguing. I also provided a feasible argument for you, keeping it out of OE. Here's another, lowering special recharge. Man, this is a really boring conversation since I'm providing all the valid points.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanillashake View Post
    Your moronic suggestion to fix the problem of supple bots (and again, the problem is supple bots only) was to borrow someone else's armor to equip a gun. If everyone follows your brilliance, who's going to actually have the armor for everyone else to borrow? Furthermore, I'm glad you actively choose to be at a disadvantage as I'll enjoy destroying you in PvP, but for the rest of us, that's suicide. Clearly you don't PvP, where you MUST keep up with the Jones'. Not just in AO, in all games. In AO, however, that means the vast majority of the endgame population "needs" supple armor.

Good suggestions don't involve not having supple, just other ways to obtain it, or viable alternatives. People who aren't competitive in min/maxing their characters really just need to stay out of these discussions. You already don't have supple armor, or any desire to obtain it, so just stay out.

On topic: another bump for Lazy's idea of a single generic bot being exchangeable for whatever you'd like.
    My "suggestion" (lol) was that if you really needed a gun with 1600 burst, you could borrow armor to equip it. Then you'd have your gun equipped and could use armor that was more beneficial or start working toward your own supple. I know, having friends is a tough concept, but some of us do have them and our friends would let us borrow armor we didn't have to equip items.

I've had supple-based armor on my MP and on my 150 trader. I sold the armor I had on my MP. And you know, I farmed my own armor, since I'm not lazy like you. LOOK I CAN MAKE AD HOMINEM ATTACKS TOO! Try again

Except, there isn't anything more beneficial other than like 2 professions that can use 1-2 pieces of OFAB, and even those are debatable. And again, if everyone follows your idea, who's going to have the armor for everyone to borrow? Plus, "I'll just borrow everything from my friends!" is a real scumbag attitude to have in general. Furthermore, the faux-requirement created by supple isn't merely limited to being able to equip a gun -- you have to keep it out of OE and keep special recharges down too. And those who care about actually having good characters, clearly not you, need every last bit of attack rating possible to do as much damage as possible, be it PvM or PvP. You actually have to HAVE it to play this game to the fullest.

Obviously a subject you don't understand.

Please stop posting.
    Last edited by Vanillashake; May 22nd, 2013 at 22:11:37.

No class -needs- full supple-based armour as a permanent construct. Sell it off when you're done.
    I'm Batman.

Then you borrow the armor to put on the gun and then move on. It doesn't require you to own it, which was the original point you were arguing. I also provided a feasible argument for you, keeping it out of OE. Here's another, lowering special recharge. Man, this is a really boring conversation since I'm providing all the valid points.
    NO! The original point we were discussing was that bot drop rates, Supple in particular since is the most used leadbot, are a huge issue along with non customizable armors and the absolute requirement that in order to keep the weapons out of OE you must *OWN* the AI Armor that is made with the AI leadbots, or a solution to rectify the need which everyone is discussing here. NOT your attempt to sound educated, knowledgeable or understanding of the topics at hand. It's pretty clear you don't have a clue so please move on yourself and discuss something you're better versed in. As vanilla stated, in today's endgame PvP, or PvM OD world of AO, you're suggestions are not feasible in any way shape or form and if that's all you have to bring to the discussion I respectfully ask that you withdraw from it, especially if you're bored. We'd all appreciate it.

My "suggestion" (lol) was that if you really needed a gun with 1600 burst, you could borrow armor to equip it. Then you'd have your gun equipped and could use armor that was more beneficial or start working toward your own supple. I know, having friends is a tough concept, but some of us do have them and our friends would let us borrow armor we didn't have to equip items.

I've had supple-based armor on my MP and on my 150 trader. I sold the armor I had on my MP. And you know, I farmed my own armor, since I'm not lazy like you. LOOK I CAN MAKE AD HOMINEM ATTACKS TOO! Try again
    First, I'm glad you think you have so many supportive friends. But, there is no reason to be snarky. If you want snarky, I'll show you snarky, but that just means this thread gets nerfed and I get infracted.

Um supple on a MP? What a sad waste of such a great armor to use it on Pet class like an MP.. Oh WAIT a tick... Could that be because you couldnt manage to get the IP skills WITHOUT IT??!!??

Yeah, like we've all been saying. You need the armor to get your weapon of choice on, and you can't JUST get it on, and hand back the supple to one of your many friends, (who if you did have would have told you by now that you're theory is lacking substance). This so called valid theory then means that you go so severely OE that you just wasted mega time twinking it on, because the weapon, (other than any special modifiers), is as useful as the gimp one you just took OFF as far as damage is concerned.

The simple fact here is you are not going to find the necessary modifiers to keep your weapons special attacks OUT o f OE with ANYTHING but Supple Armor. There is no Hud that is going to massively help, no uber rings or buffs for a number classes/professions that will do what Supple does for your weapon. Other things like nano skills, speeds, and even tradeskills, yes, but not weapon skills to teh degree you need them to remain out of OE.

So your so called valid answer of getting the weapon on, then swapping so you "could use armor that was more beneficial", is in direct conflict with the whole purpose of wanting to wear the supple to start with. Im not taking off my burst armor to trade it out for more nano skill, or HP, or even evades, that are already oozing out of my nose atm, if it makes it pointless to use the weapon I have on, when I can obtain these other skills through other items than armor!

In fact, and no personal offense meant toward you, what kind of idiot would spend all that time in perk resets, re-armoring, and Imp/Symbing then hand back 210+ in any given/needed skill (assuming its the 240+ bot drops we've been talking about), and be happy with a weapon that is SO OE you might as well have just left the crappy piece on you had while attempting to farm your own set of supple?

That makes absolutely no sense! Unless you're a straight PvMer and really just wanted the modifiers the weapon offers you. Then I suppose that is fine and works out. That's not really what we are discussing here.

Further more, Im not sure how you assume Nilla, I or anyone here posting is being lazy, (except of course Lazy himself), when we all have stated, listed, or charted out the number of raids we have done in an effort to farm these bots ourselves. Again, I have to wonder if you've taken the time to actually read through this thread, in any way, to ascertain what we are actually speaking of. I recommend you do. This would allow you to gain the knowledge for which you require to maintain the type of arguments you're attempting to force into fruition in this discussion. I am beginning to wonder if you understand endgame or just decided to jump in on the end of this thread and have your opinion present, AGAIN on something you clearly have no clue in regards.

My honest suggest, if you want to contribute properly would be to go back and read, get your information straight on who did what and who is "lazy", and what the actually topic was before going on. I dont feel that an estimated 90 raids in our city since the merge, is in ANYWAY lazy.

The issue at hand is supple or leadbot drops, not whatever tangent you went off on. Please stay to the subject and not go of course with nonsensical suggests that in no way address this discussion or its issue at hand. I'd like to see it not get closed down or ignored as there are some seriously valid points made by other's here.
    Last edited by Cariadast; May 22nd, 2013 at 23:07:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    No class -needs- full supple-based armour as a permanent construct. Sell it off when you're done.
    Do you PvP at all? I'm guessing not.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    To pvp at a high level, several pieces AI armor is the requirement for every single profession.

Some professions can defensibly go with CS or CM over supple based armors however, and those are less cost prohibitive.

My suggestion: Artillery Commander, in addition to his current loot table, has a guaranteed supple drop (he is, after all, an Artillery commander.... supple is the bot you'd think he'd drop). This does several good things: It gives increased incentive to attend S42 raids for those who already have ACDCs (the group of players most capable of raiding S42 have the least reason to right now), it increases the supply of supple bots on the market, and makes co-ordinated S42 raids a time efficient income source that has room for less established players. Rather than teaming with another dual-logged vet and running an instance to sell lootrights, good players now might join S42, allowing less wealthy/skilled/equipped players a shot at ACDC and other shiny no-drop loot. Wins all the way around!
    Last edited by JustinSane4; May 23rd, 2013 at 00:11:56.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast