Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 18.6 patch - s10 relays

18.6 patch - s10 relays

Hallo,

I know there have been some rumours about increasing relay drops in s10.

Does this increase mean increased droprate from regular mobs in s10 or just what it says on the patch notes (bosses can now drop untuned relays)?

- Sector 10 bosses will now drop ICE and and has a chance to drop an Untuned Relay.
    - Sector 10 Signal relays are now yesdrop.

Just curious since the above are the only mentions on s10 from the patch notes.

Much obliged.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Both. I personally tested the droprate of relays on test a couple times and they are definitely increased imo.

Quote Originally Posted by adeptall View Post
    Both. I personally tested the droprate of relays on test a couple times and they are definitely increased imo.
    Hopefully it's true We shall see.

Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

servers up lets see
    ~~ Veteran Mad Nuker of Komodo ~~ Join us Today ~~
    ~~ LVL 150-215 Arul Saba Factory ~~

220 NT Wizardelo (equip) Nano-Technician Nanomage Reborn Mad Nuker
    220 ENG Heresy (equip) Solitus Engineer... TS hoe
    216 ENF Wizarmadiloo (equip) Trox Enforcer ...lazy meatshield
    211 KPR Imoortal (equip) twinking....
    185 TRD Ciupakapra - work'in'progress

Killed 10 RHO-bosses. Not a single bot dropped, nor a untuned relay....

Interesting...

They did seem to have improved the relay drops from normal mobs.

This might be the balancing factor... s10 bosses finally getting the same drop rates as city generals. This would be priceless.

I'll just wait and see what happens when I pop the bosses, unless more people share their findings.

Killed 16 RHO-bosses. 1 Enduring / 1 untuned. I guess s10 is "fixed" to city standards.

Use to get 4-6 per 12.
    Last edited by Nikon; May 6th, 2013 at 19:26:13.

Droprate on s10 boss viralbots is worse than city now. TNX FUNCOM!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikon View Post
    Killed 16 RHO-bosses. 1 Enduring / 1 untuned. I guess s10 is "fixed" to city standards.

Use to get 4-6 per 12.
    those are pretty bogus droprates.

4-6 per 12 is ok and roughly consistent with what I've experienced.

I seem to recall our best run of 20 relays resulting in 16 bots (1 spiritual), with a combined worth (at the time) or about 1.2 billion (I think we were counting each supple as 100m and each strong as 80m, arith 20m, obs 80m, end = 5m)

And my worst run of 16 resulting in 4 spiritual and 1 arith - and that was the most recent, and I haven't gone back to S10 since that fiasco.

If what you say is true, sounds like when they added relays and ICE to the loot tables of the spawned generals, they managed to stuff up the droprate for leadbots. Happens all the time when they start adding stuff to existing loot tables

If thats the case, sounds like a fail in the attempt to bring s10 back to life. Upping droprates of relays from normal mobs was a step in the right direction but if the gens spawned from the relays don't drop the lead bots as much as people have found then most people still arent going to be doing s10. Giving with one hand while taking with the other...slick
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

So one case of someone getting less than "normal" means it's borked? I played Arkham Horror last night and rolled only 1 5/6 in a roll of 20 dice, and it was the last one. Guess those dice are pretty borked.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I played Arkham Horror last night and rolled only 1 5/6 in a roll of 20 dice, and it was the last one. Guess those dice are pretty borked.
    You should keep those dice separate to pull out for important rolls as the low rolls have been leeched out of them
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by Google View Post
    Droprate on s10 boss viralbots is worse than city now. TNX FUNCOM!!
    thanks, obama!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    thanks, obama!
    jenna marbles follower maybe?

Tested Yesterday, we spawned 32 generals.

We got 8 bots...and only 1 relay.

But, all these tests were done on the RHO gens i assume. Someone bothered to test on the other ones?
    Its funny how traditional biologists seek mechanisms avidly, but still assert that biology cannot be treated like a machine.

noone spawns the others, worthless drops

Do the viral bots drop on the others aswell?
    Its funny how traditional biologists seek mechanisms avidly, but still assert that biology cannot be treated like a machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Enculeet View Post
    noone spawns the others, worthless drops
    What do you mean worthless drops? Are you suggesting the other bosses have worse droprates? heh Rho's the easiest so naturally if there were a difference that should be the worst.

I spawn kappas as they seemed to me (at least when i noticed awhile back) that it has better droprates.

Would like an official response as to whether this was intended. If it isn't, I'd feel comfortable farming some relays to pop when it gets fixed. Otherwise, I (and I assume almost everyone else) stays out.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Quote Originally Posted by trysloob View Post
    Would like an official response as to whether this was intended. If it isn't, I'd feel comfortable farming some relays to pop when it gets fixed. Otherwise, I (and I assume almost everyone else) stays out.
    While the new droprate is not very nice, it's still ok given the new hella increased droprate of relays.

I popped 15 kappas yesterday and got 1 supple, 1 obs, 1 arith and an enduring and 3 spirits. A long with a bunch of ICE and iirc 7 augs.

7 augs = 210m
    30 ICE = 120m
    supple = 200m
    obs = 160m
    arith = 40m

730m for 15 relays isnt so bad. And the price on relays should go down soon.

Currently relays are at 35m from 50-60m on monday but i suspect that price to drop further to 20-25m.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast