Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mongo Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    no offense bro, but i don't see how, when you can queue a faceroll alpha, 1500-3000 extra attack rating is anything similar to a 800 point evade buff that does diddly squat if fired after said faceroll alpha is queued.
    Figures a 220/30/70 Atrox Fixer would have this response.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

It's so easy.. Swap AAO debuff from MR, to a AAD debuff that starts when you hit MR..

The fact that you guys obviously can't time MR alphas doesnt mean DoF or Dodge the blame is OP. It means you need to work on your timing.

Both are unbalanced. Don't kid yourself. 8p
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Quote Originally Posted by Herkulease View Post
    Figures a 220/30/70 Atrox Fixer would have this response.
    i was originally opi got tired of having to use my brain when PVPing so i breed changed to atrox.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    It's so easy.. Swap AAO debuff from MR, to a AAD debuff that starts when you hit MR..

The fact that you guys obviously can't time MR alphas doesnt mean DoF or Dodge the blame is OP. It means you need to work on your timing.
    It doesn't per se, but given how a soldier with 3800 constant AR can do pretty much nothing to an evader, means they are, well acrobat, dodge the blame is too short duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    i'm sure you can find a reasonable number of threads discussing nts. my terminology was ostentatious, forgive me. but you wanted to show me how mr is screwing game mechanics worse than triples/nbs.
    The fact that there are probably 50x more troxes with mongorage than there are endgame NTs who actually regularly pvp? (That's a hyperbole)

Anyways, the issues with MR are as follows:
    1. It's the elephant in the room. It doesn't fit at all with other breed perks.
    2. Unless the person using MR is a total moron, defensive perks do nothing against it since perks will be qued before evades are up. It is very difficult to impossible to react to it short of zoning.
    3. There are little to no drawbacks considering its power. With the power MR gives it should honestly just insta kill the toon after use, or reduce health of the user by 50% when fired.
    4. Evades/Perks/AR can't be fixed as long as MR exists. And because I don't want to make my toons trox I suffer for it.

inb4 lolevader.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Jul 10th, 2013 at 21:53:55.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

^ basically that.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    The fact that there are probably 50x more troxes with mongorage than there are endgame NTs who actually regularly pvp? (That's a hyperbole)
    hadnt noticed that. i do notice that there's always at least one nt on bs, sometimes 3. or are you talking mass pvp? mr is lol at mass pvp. also i noticed the number of nm fixers is rising.

Anyways, the issues with MR are as follows:
    1. It's the elephant in the room. It doesn't fit at all with other breed perks.
    not really a reason.
    2. Unless the person using MR is a total moron, defensive perks do nothing against it since perks will be qued before evades are up. It is very difficult to impossible to react to it short of zoning.
    that's just bull. it depends on the prof. secondly, are you paying attention at all? like for blinds, perks preceding alphas? also, see couple of posts above.
    3. There are little to no drawbacks considering its power. With the power MR gives it should honestly just insta kill the toon after use, or reduce health of the user by 50% when fired.
    lol, sure. a balanced perk will give you 1.5k ar and instakill you. fair argument. that mr debuff may need rework - no question.
    4. Evades/Perks/AR can't be fixed as long as MR exists. And because I don't want to make my toons trox I suffer for it.
    a)who says they need fixing? imo mr exists as a countermeasure.
    b)same goes with every breed related issue. not an argument.

well, sorry, but that certainly reasons how you feel but none of those points would objectively justify a change. other than the debuff, which you managed to stretch to a ridiculous degree at the cost of your credibility.

i'm not saying mr couldn't be better off reworked. but status quo is it's a vital tool to scratch evaders. i mean even with mr for most profs evaders are virtually unkillable 1on1 in a random encounter.

as for the question why people cry over mr more than over actual issues. it's ego. mr is something every prof that can't put mr to use or for rp reasons (see point 4, rephrased "i see going trox would yield a benefit, but i dont wannaaaa so noone else should have it!!!") dont want to go trox or went nm for coon can agree to hate. number of people without mr > people using mr. however people using troll pistol > people suffering from it. that is the first law of forum criers. cry with the masses not with reason.
    Last edited by Xootch; Jul 11th, 2013 at 02:51:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    hadnt noticed that. i do notice that there's always at least one nt on bs, sometimes 3. or are you talking mass pvp? mr is lol at mass pvp. also i noticed the number of nm fixers is rising.
    No I'm sure I get MRed more in BS than trip0led

not really a reason.
    Yah, it's called balance.

that's just bull. it depends on the prof. secondly, are you paying attention at all? like for blinds, perks preceding alphas? also, see couple of posts above.
    Who the hell blinds you before Queing all their perks first lol. It's like sending them a tell saying "Hi, I'm about to gank you so be ready for that."

a)who says they need fixing? imo mr exists as a countermeasure.
    Breeds shouldn't be counters, professions should.

i'm not saying mr couldn't be better off reworked. but status quo is it's a vital tool to scratch evaders
    Which means, wow, evades need fixing. It shouldn't rely on such a stupid bandaid.

i mean even with mr for most profs evaders are virtually unkillable 1on1 in a random encounter.
    Then you're either playing a keeper or you're just bad.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

MR is a bandaid.

Usually, removing bandaids before anything has been done about the problem, is a bad thing.

And yeah, evaders are completely OP, they need something to be able to get to them. Until the highest AR classes can do something to evaders, MR should imo stay.

or he is playing vs good players with obs... fixer is unkillable with obs as a mr melee prof
    advy/shades with obs can survive a mr alpha too, atleast from enf
    crat can use his short aad perks atleast in bs or instant fear the enf if hes not sleeping while being flagged

Quote Originally Posted by Hassler View Post
    or he is playing vs good players with obs... fixer is unkillable with obs as a mr melee prof
    advy/shades with obs can survive a mr alpha too, atleast from enf
    crat can use his short aad perks atleast in bs or instant fear the enf if hes not sleeping while being flagged
    dimach more ;p

even with dimach you cant alpha a 20+k hp fixer with rrfe except you get a capped SA and that is very very very rare :P

No I'm sure I get MRed more in BS than trip0led
    depends on what you play. exactly my point. ever had the pleasure of meeting two nts at the same time while not being an enfo/high hp doc? hmmm...yeah. not broken at all. this is how pvp should be. i totally agree.

Yah, it's called balance.
    your feelings arent called balance. they're called your feelings about things.

Who the hell blinds you before Queing all their perks first lol. It's like sending them a tell saying "Hi, I'm about to gank you so be ready for that."
    i use blinds to make people pop coon or dtb. but there are perks that precede alphas. in case you havent noticed, lol indeed.

Breeds shouldn't be counters, professions should.
    says who? you? ah.

Which means, wow, evades need fixing. It shouldn't rely on such a stupid bandaid.
    again. says who?

yeah, me and one or two other people. i actually have started taking pictures of various fixers advies etc of the opposing fraction that after several rounds gave up and sit next to me in core quietly until someone else shows up. actually met some nice clammers that way. (hard to believe i know, but there are nice clanners!)

so lets summarize your argument why mongo rage is breaking game mechanics:

1.you "suffer" because you want something that atrox have but don't want to go atrox
    2.you feel that it is a bandaid for evades, which you think are broken
    3.you get alpha'd by people using mongo rage
    4.you feel it doesn't fit into the breed perk line

and you finish off with a personal insult.

well. thanks for proving my point.
    Last edited by Xootch; Jul 12th, 2013 at 07:04:43.

MR, that thing that should have been nerfed ten minutes after it was patched to testlive. Probably Funcom's single biggest mistake in regards to balance, ever.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Hassler View Post

... You know once MR is popped, you can queue all perks in less than 1 second. Pop whatever def perk you want its already too late.

Problem with crat dtb is that it just lasts wayy too short to cycle when no one is around.

Only chance is to survive perk damage (likely have to be nm and pop absorb) and fear the guy. Or, be really lucky and have dtb already popped before his MR.
    Wake me up when West Athen is full of tl7 pvp again!!

thats why i said in bs... you can see a enf coming from 20m away and press short aad perk.the aad perks have 2s attack time and mr 3s... only thing is when hes attacking from grace after he died before, but then you still have your fear. what i want to say is, that mr isnt the 100% win button vs evaders what alot here think, there are ways for every prof to survive or counter it.

what profession are people talking about when they say perks can be queued up in 0 seconds? so, lets look at that, shall we. for this argument to be true, two requirements must be fullfilled:

1.mr has to fire by surprise.
    2.damage has to be sufficient to actually kill you.

so.
    -soldiers and enfos may, but they can hit most people anyway. are we talking about these? can't say much about these, other than enfo problems arent mongo rage, but their available perk damage with fast recharge.
    -as a fixer, the dd is slow, so anything with healing capabilities will survive if they know what they're doing. also with rrfe and a decent hp bar, chances are you wont be dead.
    -as a shade i have tremendous dd potential, but i cannot queue perks in 0 seconds as they are incremental. shades undoubtedly are the mr profession, and even though they cannot access all dd perks out of the blue, they can dish out quite some dd in a short time after mr. but also, this is not a queued in 0 secs thing.
    -docs, engis, mps, crats, traders may put mr to use, but certainly dont have the perk damage to kill you regardless of countermeasures, as pistol is a far easier and consistent offensive tool in comparison
    -agents do have mr dd potential, but for fast alphas, perk queuing is needed that gives you time to react. i never missed mr on my agent.
    -advys: even though mr can add to advy offensive capabilities, 80% perks and as pistol are so powerful, i never bothered with it - especially since ranged advys lack the dd to kill healing folks anyway. all others are worn down.
    -nt: can tribble anyone without even bothering with mr.

so. either i am missing something or y'all smoked crack bad. again: i'm not saying mr is fine as it is, i'm saying most of the drama here is just that: drama. being able to alpha a crat with mr fired from los if the crat doesnt have nm coon or rrfe is not game breaking stuff. it may annoy you, but it by no way surpasses the idiocy of the as pistol....and also, with some space after that, enfs and nts. proove me wrong.
    Last edited by Xootch; Jul 13th, 2013 at 15:49:41.

speaking as a fixer with MR perked it's an ezmode iwin button that only fails when i'm too drunk to see the screen properly. MRing out of LOS and running in to queue perks on most people is instawin. on smarter people might take an AS after MR is down to drop them. i find it hard to believe that people actually believe MR is in any way a fair, balanced, well thought out tool that should stay ingame as it is.

Mr is really a fair perk, do you wanna know why? Because getting 1500 ar with one click is about us fair as getiing 1k def with one click. If after so many years you haven't found a way to evade it, or use your other tools for it. I don't think its a problem with the perk, it may be in how you play. :s

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast