Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mongo Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Burgly View Post
    How about that it takes 10 AI perks? :S 1/3rd of all your AI perks and it only adds str/stam instead of something you could actually have use for..
    Where else would those 10 perks go in a PVP build? It's only a sacrifice if you are sacrificing something.

How about that it takes 10 AI perks? :S 1/3rd of all your AI perks and it only adds str/stam instead of something you could actually have use for..
    /shrug

you know what's worse, much much worse than MR? FEARS, they need to be completely removed, it's idiotic that someone is disabled to the point where they no longer have any options, no control at all, i mean, why don't you just shut my freakin computer off for me too. at least with MR, you have plenty of options, even if you get stunned, then they MR, you STILL have options. no such luck with fears....seriously dumb sh*t.

next in line would be PO, what insane person thought this was a good idea? probably the same nutjob that brought us triples would be my guess.

anyway, there's much worse things than MR.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

NTs are designed to pop open evaders. PO is insanely broken, turning Fixers into a class which beats:
    Any profession which struggles with Evaders
    Evaders.
    Doctors to some extent, cause of the alpha of a Fixer.
    Incase you didn't notice, that's pretty much every class.
    I'm Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    Doctors to some extent, cause of the alpha of a Fixer.
    Mostly, a decent doc wins against the fixer.
    (/wave @ Lazy)
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

having both alpha'd the best docs and failed against the worst docs i've come to the conclusion that fixer v doc is mostly luckbased. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Where else would those 10 perks go in a PVP build? It's only a sacrifice if you are sacrificing something.
    Shades got to sacrifice for MR, I'd rather be Shadow + coli + conc than drop one of them for MR.. But i went opi tho, cuz MR is highly overrated and spirit hotswapping is much more useful.
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

I'm sacrificing an awesome heal (awakening) and a +200 dmg buff. not everyone using MR is a shade.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

That my friends is not a drawback, it's pure choice.

it's a choice with a drawback.
    T O O N Z:

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    it's a choice with a drawback.
    it's an obvious choice where the benefit greatly outweighs the drawback.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's an obvious choice where the benefit greatly outweighs the drawback.
    says the Fixer as he casts a game breaking debuff (PO)
    T O O N Z:

But casting that debuff is a choice with a drawback!

Fears would be fine if they last no more than 3 seconds or broke on damage and put up some sort of stun and fear immunity afterward. I've been feared and damaged while still feared waiting for it to end just to be stunned by the time the fear finally ends...

Crat fear having a limited range again would also be good, melee professions can screw themselves over with it.

Shades got to sacrifice for MR, I'd rather be Shadow + coli + conc than drop one of them for MR.. But i went opi tho, cuz MR is highly overrated and spirit hotswapping is much more useful.
    It's not a sacrifice for a shade, even if MR is unnecessary. None of those perklines are entirely necessary for a shade, although an atrox shade may need some CoNC perks. You are giving up a fraction of the power a shade has in his entire toolset to gain 1500 AR.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    says the Fixer as he casts a game breaking debuff (PO)
    To be fair, it's not that game breaking when you look at the recharge and the defense. I use it quite a bit and it does not land often (and i have died on that recharge on multiple occasions from not being able to meep). It is rather potent against adventurers when it does land, but everyone's got to have some weaknesses, right? (well, at least they should... we all know how good FC is at balancing toolsets )

love you jey
    Proud Member of Paradise

Takes a lot of casts, but it does work incredibly well paired with an NT (of course practically everything works well paired with an NT in PVP).

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    having both alpha'd the best docs and failed against the worst docs i've come to the conclusion that fixer v doc is mostly luckbased. :S
    Yes and No.

We both tested it several times - if the Doc is constantly aware, the alpha will fail. But then, its a question of luck how good/bad the AS will hit and MALP lands.

But the fights can be... long. Very long
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

The perk should be accessible earlier in the game and rise progresively to 1500. /flameshield on.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    The perk should be accessible earlier in the game and rise progresively to 1500. /flameshield on.
    /forum MR
    /perk flameshield

yes, because everyone knows enfos are not OP enough at EVERY level :P
    T O O N Z:

I was thinking on this yesterday after fencing at 42 (ikr!). MR itself IS a ganking tool - if you stop it from being so, you compltely remove any form os usefullness of the perk.

I would suggest that instead od nerfing the AAO buff, (as has been suggested before), and a more relevant debuff to it.

The idea of MR is a full on, aggressave, 'fk it all' rage. So, if I were programming it, itd look more like this

Mongo Rage::
    On use: (instacast, 1 min CD, 20 second duration)
    AAO + 1500
    AAD - 1200
    Self Cast - Mongo Rage Exhaustion

Mongo Rage Exhaustion::
    On cast: (3 min duration, non-removeable, hostile)
    AAD -300
    AAO - 300
    RS - 500
    DOT - 200 tick every 2 seconds

This then balancing the actual effect, with an AAD debuff, meaning that when ppl use MR, they are a LOT more susceptible to incoming attacks.

The exhaustion renders the player a fair bit more vulnerable, but not crippled. The dot would also do a total of 36k dmg, so for mot profs, this would mean they would need to do some sort of healing - and couldnt just afk it out.

What do you guys think of that ?

Mark

P.S. - I have a trox shade and trox fixer before you start commenting . . .

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast