Thread: SL account == froob?

SL account == froob?

Since when is SL account a free account?
    First my SL account didn't get any character slots and now I found that characters on that account can't be org leaders.

You can only promote someone to one rank-level below your own level (The exception is the leader, who - when a new leader is appointed through promotion - will lose the leadership). Free players can not be organization leaders.
    Type '/org ranks' to list the ranks of your hierarchy.
    Your rank is President.
    Character I tried to promote is not "free player" and promoter is org leader so org leadership should just transfer over.

Org leaders need Alien Invasion Addon

Well then it should say that instead of implying sloobs are free players.
    :E

This is really not acceptable either in my opinion.

If you pay to play the game, you should bloody well be able to create and maintain a guild just like in other MMOs.

An org with a sloob prez could never own a city. If a sloob is promoted to prez of an org that already has a city that city could be paralyzed from changes under certain circumstances. Maybe that's fine with you but from FC's perspective that could create a hassle for them they would rather not deal with.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

I dont {care} what the reasons are. They need to do something about it then.

Guilds are an essential part of any MMO.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jun 22nd, 2013 at 17:44:35. Reason: obscenities not needed

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    I dont {care} what the reasons are. They need to do something about it then.
    They did do something, they stopped people from creating Sloob accounts.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jun 22nd, 2013 at 17:44:48.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Yes, I don't give a you know what about city. For me that is not a problem.
    Thing is it tells me I'm apparently free player and can't create/lead org.

What about notum wars? All accounts have NW and towers are part of organizations.
    This AI city argument is good, but not enough to disable creating/leading org. on paid account.

I pay for game, I can benefit from organization, nothing tells me I actually don't meet some criteria to create org. Give me my org.
    Last edited by TharBeDragons; Jun 22nd, 2013 at 13:45:11.

How many of those accounts are there? Its not like it was an exploit that suddenly got closed by FC that resulted in sloob accounts. It was an offer FC made, and made before the changes to who could be pres, and everything was fine and dandy.

I still feel this part of our population got left out or just plain forgotten. And it doesnt really matter how many they are.

If FC are not willing to simply give these people AI access (I dont really see the problem with this tbh, old content anyways, even if its still popular), they need to fix it some other way.

Quote Originally Posted by TharBeDragons View Post
    I pay for game, I can benefit from organization, nothing tells me I actually don't meet some criteria to create org. Give me my org.
    Agreed, this must be changed.

Also for those using the AI argument:
    Being an org prez is a feature that came with the original package. By that logic, even froobs should have that right... curbing that is a feature cutback with retroactive effect. Not sure if its even legal (imagine that the "a" key on your laptop goes pwhhooooom without warning because you didnt pay a few bucks more.)
    OK they changed that, it was controversial etc, but at least there was an advantage to it (less spam orgs) But this is just ridiculous. Want fix asap
    Last edited by Aramsunat; Jun 23rd, 2013 at 06:31:18.
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Aramsunat View Post
    Agreed, this must be changed.

Also for those using the AI argument:
    Being an org prez is a feature that came with the original package. By that logic, even froobs should have that right... curbing that is a feature cutback with retroactive effect. Not sure if its even legal (imagine that the "a" key on your laptop goes pwhhooooom without warning because you didnt pay a few bucks more.)
    OK they changed that, it was controversial etc, but at least there was an advantage to it (less spam orgs) But this is just ridiculous. Want fix asap
    Also for those using the anyone should be able argument:
    Being an org prez is a feature that Funcom created, By that logic even Funcom should have the right... the right to modify it if they want a retroactive effect.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean