Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Fixer Team Meep at Towers

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Sad you may be. But I'm kinda angry that people sugests hinder one profession tool useless because of NW flaws.
    And the few susgestions towards NW mechanisms here focus on making the current 70 vs 70 wars into 5 vs 0 wars.
    I don't understand this 5 vs 0. There are always people online in AO its just because you might not be there that this cant happen because its attached to EPEEN.

Some of the best wars Rk2 ever saw was not the 70 v 70 battles but the 10 v 10s that decided the site. And if you want more 70 v 70 battles wouldn't you want the site to change hands more to entice more pvp.

Think about it, if one side loses a site at say their down hour then the next time the site cycles through their main hour it switches hands. The timers shouldn't be 24hr cycles or make it every 6hrs the site has a 50% chance to open (throwing random things out there)

Basically all you should take from this is that if you want more pvp battles to happen sites should change hands more often, only way to do that open them up to more players because as it stands now nothing will happen and whats better losing a site to a 10 v 10 then creating a 70 v 70 battle the next day or going weeks without seeing a tower get hit... That's what I don't understand about this, the more towers change hands even if to a small team skirmish the better AO will be...so far its just flames from people to keep the EPEEN alive of holding towers... Get over it you won towers after merge can we move on and create more pvp now?
    Last edited by viktory22; Jul 10th, 2013 at 01:53:00.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Sad you may be. But I'm kinda angry that people sugests hinder one profession tool useless because of NW flaws.
    And the few susgestions towards NW mechanisms here focus on making the current 70 vs 70 wars into 5 vs 0 wars.
    No where did he say to change toolsets - he said that a certain faction was asking for fixers meep to be nerfed and the issue of syncing was added to the mix of the discussion.

70 v70 is not better than 10 v 10 - in fact, the smaller battles are more enjoyable in some ways that the zergs. But to each his own.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

MP with conceal: NSD fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Manaas View Post
    MP with conceal: NSD fixer
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=223619

First you want an MP with enough conceal to hide from a fixer...

Second you want an MP to go into an enemy team alone, unless you want to tell me to have the entire defending group concealed too?

Third you want them to land http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=29306 from conceal because the other one lasts only 15 seconds and will not give the defenders time to rush in from 80-100m away (outside the attacker view range) and drop the attackers who will likely be kiting in the opposite direction at the same capped runspeed because...well because they have a fixer in their team for GSF.

Fourth you expect fixers at tower wars with 35% NSD resistance and well over 2000 nano resist to actually have NSD land on them.

Fifth you do not expect fixers to simply remove the 1/10 NSD's that may actually land.

Sixth you expect there to be only one fixer...or you expect a single MP to be able to AOE NSD entire raid forces.

Yeah, sounds good, I honestly cannot see any flaws with the "send in one concealed MP to disable the fixers" plan.

We literally did this against omnis few days ago: MP goes first, blob runs a little bit behind.

NSDed fixer and alphaed him, simples.

NT + MP, fixer dead, every time. unfortunately, it's damn hard to find MP's.

Solution: make more MP's! there's an NT every 2 feet, they are not rare

give range to MP > NR debuff > NSD > /disco

they could be the crappiest toons ever and still get this job done :P
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

We literally did this against omnis few days ago: MP goes first, blob runs a little bit behind.

NSDed fixer and alphaed him, simples.
    I stand corrected, you did it once so it obviously works perfectly everytime rather than this being the rare occasion it actually was effective.

you overestimate people's reaction times and server synchronisation

sometimes you get things landing on you before you even see the person because of latency, really you never wondered why rushing is such a big tactic in this game? It gives advantage to the rusher purely because of server communication times.

it's hard to compute network lag, latency, and other more in-flux variables and thus they are left out, of course.

seriously, this whole conversation is a joke and i can't believe it's still going.

Fixers can meep. It is useful in many situations (even if the not all players use them in all situations) and it is a (if not THE) class-defining skill; thus, it should not be removed.

From a tower perspective, no one is entitled to towers. You must defend them if you want to keep them. If you don't think they are worth defending, then don't defend. No one is coming out of your computer monitor to twist your arm. To the comments about pvp at towers and people not wanting to do pvp, i'll tell you a secret: towers are only tied to pvp by the gas which allows pvp and the rules people have put around them. One can take a tower site without using pvp, and so the "need" for pvp to exist for the tower battle to be "proper" is a scenario not bound in the concrete rules of the game.

TLDR version: stop whining. if you want the towers, defend them. if you don't want to defend, then don't. no one is forcing you to do anything so stop crying about it. sheesh, i can't believe this topic is still seeing posts that are anything more than relentless mockery.
    Proud Member of Paradise

Bad players have terrible reaction times and die. This means practically nothing to me in terms of PVP balance.

An entire team or raid avoiding death in any PVP situation just because they only want to PVP when they have a complete advantage is pathetic. It should not be possible, come to PVP, die, or be good at getting away without relying on no-skill escape tools.

If you don't want to die you should not flag, not you should just get a fixer. There are no penalties for death in this game so suck it up and fail when you deserve to. Why is everyone so scared of going to reclaim? You think players should never die, backyard hopping should always exist, meeping should always exist, zoning into safe areas should always exist, etc? I think my opinion on this is known well enough, and I honestly could care less if the idea of instant grid warps existed back in 2000 development meetings even, meeping is one of the worst things to ever be introduced in PVP.

The fixer in question was artyomis, you're calling bad now ;D?

confirmed: gatester claims artyomis is literally the worst fixer ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Bad players have terrible reaction times and die. This means practically nothing to me in terms of PVP balance.

An entire team or raid avoiding death in any PVP situation just because they only want to PVP when they have a complete advantage is pathetic. It should not be possible, come to PVP, die, or be good at getting away without relying on no-skill escape tools.

If you don't want to die you should not flag, not you should just get a fixer. There are no penalties for death in this game so suck it up and fail when you deserve to. Why is everyone so scared of going to reclaim? You think players should never die, backyard hopping should always exist, meeping should always exist, zoning into safe areas should always exist, etc? I think my opinion on this is known well enough, and I honestly could care less if the idea of instant grid warps existed back in 2000 development meetings even, meeping is one of the worst things to ever be introduced in PVP.
    Gatester, typically i agree with you on almost everything, but i have to disagree here. That is how -you- want people to play. That is not bound in any way to the rules, historic experiences, and reality of the game. I really hate to say it, but "QQ".

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    confirmed: gatester claims artyomis is literally the worst fixer ever.
    /threadwin material here.
    Proud Member of Paradise

You claimed the player had bad reaction times, I claimed players with bad reaction times are bad players, so following that logic you first have to claim that Artyomis has bad reaction times in PVP

Most likely the question is whether or not he was actually griefing or intending to PVP. You may have done nothing but prevented a player from using a tool he was never going to use in the first place. If he was going to meep then it does not matter how impressive he is because this day he failed and died.

Fixers are given the absolute best toolset for countering NSD, it's no longer a matter of could he do it but why he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonghigs View Post
    Gatester, typically i agree with you on almost everything, but i have to disagree here. That is how -you- want people to play. That is not bound in any way to the rules, historic experiences, and reality of the game. I really hate to say it, but "QQ".
    It is my opinion, and it is a QQ. I think people who PVP need to drop the carebear toolsets. I always have a hard time getting into AO's PVP because they implement and never remove so many easy escape features in PVP environment. I would love to have PVP scores you could lose back again, and I really do not care for duel losses yet people actually use that as some sort of excuse to not PVP (while subsequently calling themselves PVPers). Players shift towers into timers that make it easier for them to avoid PVP, players used to fill tower sites with SAMs just to avoid having to defend them, players grief and meep out of tower sites the minute someone shows up so they never have to actually die, players run for a backyard the second they see red text float up. The lift hopping in BS is probably the most terrible thing I have ever seen done and allowed in a PVP environment, I get so sick of it I just sit down in BS and wait for someone with the balls to actually stick around for the fight.

I do not make twinks to chase of griefers and to run down lift/backyard hoppers.

I used to get nervous before a fight, and I'd get really tense running through BS with an expert title just knowing there were people around that could come out and take it from me. I don't get those feelings at all now. There were so few players who were willing to go out there and fight to the death or stand around flagged alone in Borealis when I was still active, I would hate to imagine what it is like now. Death in AO has no penalties, I do not understand why players are so fearful of going to reclaim.

I would not expect the game to change just to fit my own desires, but I will find one that is closer to my ideal if AO is not, and currently I have done just that.
    Last edited by Gatester; Aug 7th, 2013 at 23:02:28.

maybe i can help out here. because it annoys the flying *(@!#$ out of people if you don't die. that's why I love my fixer so much. people are just too cute when mad. entertains me more than anything to exploit the strange perception that folks actually believe they have some sort of right to see you die when they g5ngbang you or somethin.

ps. I mean this thread is about just that basically, isnt it? If you wanna be honest here for a sec.
    Last edited by Xootch; Aug 8th, 2013 at 04:06:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    maybe i can help out here. because it annoys the flying *(@!#$ out of people if you don't die. that's why I love my fixer so much. people are just too cute when mad. entertains me more than anything to exploit the strange perception that folks actually believe they have some sort of right to see you die when they g5ngbang you or somethin.

ps. I mean this thread is about just that basically, isnt it? If you wanna be honest here for a sec.
    I think this is about that too, and I just happen to agree with the side that says you should die when you are being attacked by a lot of people. If you were a tanking profession I could understand, and ONLY if you are a tank who can't kill anything (which don't even exist in AO), but nothing else.

It is frustrating, if I am doing better than you and I am winning I simply cannot stand someone going "oh well" and hitting 1 button and completely disappearing from the fight. It just happens to be exponentially worse when its an entire team or raid force doing it.

That said...I may or may not have abused Meep myself against teams of flagged TL5's in borealis while playing my 150 fixer trying to gank one out of the group I would be a hypocrit if I said I never did it, but I would not miss it if it was gone.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567