Thread: Perk def check when firing not when pressed.

Perk def check when firing not when pressed.

So here's something that annoys me, it first occurred to me on the many times a "shade from nowhere" or other MR ganking prof popped MR and facerolled the keyboard.

Why do perks check when they are first pressed. Within less than 1 second, someone can line up their entire set of offensive perks and know that they will land because MR is up.

What i think should happen, is that perks check when they are actually firing.
    This gives someone a reasonable reaction time to pop a defense perk and atleast give them a chance to evade some of the incoming perks.
    Obviously, they will take the first few perks right in the face (or back if its a shade) but have a chance to survive and begin a counter attack.

Nano programs work in this way so why don't perks? (e.g they dont say "countered" as soon as you begin casting, but rather once you've cast the nano).

Thoughts?
    Wake me up when West Athen is full of tl7 pvp again!!

Would make it too easy for certain professions to "defend" against attacks which are generally necessary to kill them, especially in the cases of breeds who are not atrox.

I think removing the ability to activate all of your perks at once into a queue would be better.

Interesting that you complain about shades when almost all shade perks have to be chained one after another, in theory (i.e if you're not stunned) giving you time to activate your defenses before the next perk in the chain is pressed...

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    Interesting that you complain about shades when almost all shade perks have to be chained one after another, in theory (i.e if you're not stunned) giving you time to activate your defenses before the next perk in the chain is pressed...

Its not so much shades, but when it is them - you are generally stunned anyway leaving the same effect.

I dont see how lining up perks on OTHER profs is a fair system at all.

Just a silly mechanism, with no defense.
    Wake me up when West Athen is full of tl7 pvp again!!

Nano programs works the exact same way. For example, if you are executing an nano, and meanwhile casting this nano, the target changes the agg/def slider, it doesn't make any difference.

I think this is the way it was always supposed to be.

So you think that as an evader, you should be able to save dof or whatever and just pop it when the first perk hits you in order to evade the rest? Don't you see how incrediblh easy it will be to nulify perk alpas then?

Yeah, this game mechanic is pretty bad. On the other side as many pointed out, they would have to rebalance many things, if they fix it.
    Dragocz RK1