Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – 31st July, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Mastura View Post
    Unfortunately, I live in the real world. Forums for stating complaints with regards to cost like you are saying, do not exist, for any other product.
    Interesting statement and on some levels you are correct. The difference, however, between AO and the other MMO I play, my cable company, ISP, cell phone provider, insurance company, etc etc is that if I call them with a concern they actually work to make me happy. If i threaten to cancel over product issues, especially cost vs satisfaction, they have customer retention departments that work to try to keep me. This really prevents me (and I guess most customers) from seeking out the company's facebook page or whatever social media with complaints because they're normally resolved quickly and to my satisfaction with a phone call.

AO/Funcom, not so much. They really couldn't care less if you threaten to cancel your account or even if you cancel it at all. So on the point of posting on the forums as a means of a solution, I agree that forum posts here are mainly a method of blowing off steam moreso than anything else.

It is really tough/unrealistic to compare AO with almost any other company most of us give money to. If most of us held Funcom to the same standards we hold our ISP or our cell phone provider then I doubt you'd have many long term players at all. We don't even hold them to the same standards as other MMO's that charge the same price, tbh.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Aug 29th, 2013 at 16:20:29.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Man, you're dense. The price difference has been brought up multiple times over the past several years. Nothing has changed. You have 2 options now: Keep paying and quit your whining, or show FC that you're serious and cancel your account.
    Already done, but for a different reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    As for your straw-man argument, I have canceled when I was no longer happy, then I came back when I wanted to play again. I sure didn't expect any actual changes from posting here. You've had 12 years to realize FC doesn't care about AO or it's players unless you talk with your wallet. It's time to nut up or shut up.
    Naw it's as good a time to voice ones opinion as any. And you don't have to comment when ppl do, you know.
    Last edited by Armus; Aug 29th, 2013 at 19:36:44.

The issue doesn't lie with the Eurozone, as what Esssch said (Although he put it abysmally) - there is a lack of a choice and it sets to European automatically even if you paid for it for less originally.
    I originally paid $90 or so - about £60. Fair enough, it's a good game.
    It then automatically upped to £90 for no reason - I'd understand if the UK was -in the Eurozone- but it isn't. If I don't use a given currency, why should I have the worst option by default?
    I'm Batman.

I'm not in the Eurozone as well, but I still have to pay €95. As I said before, if players from the US pay $95, Eurozone €95, UK £95, then why can't I simply pay 95 RSD? Funcom is very inconsistent with this...
    Solweintraub - Engi - 220/30/70
    Byteflush... - Advy - 150/04/14

eurozone €109, US $95 or so. UK has to pay the €109 or not pay at all, apparently. Cause that's the way it seems - Pay the worst option or don't get anything at all.
    Nothing more than a massive little cashgrab on Funcom's part - charge more for those who live in Europe.
    I'm Batman.

A funny thing was that the 'new player experience' was brought to FC's attention after they did lots of new instances like DB and Albtraum. We felt that making new instances wouldn't help the game much...now they make a new start-instance

Don't get me wrong, the newbie-island should go (and bring back the morning-star!) cause it sucks, but I think 'the first playthrough' of the game is what needs to be adressed by the devs.

The game has gotten so bad that pvm is kite/ost/solo-dailies/inferno under the wings of a 220, and then kill a ton of hacker uri's/farm credz alone and buy lootrights from crat/sol/doc. For pvp, it still takes a lifetime for people to get a setup that it is fun 2 play wit.

I totally agree the game should have replay-value, but currently it fails.

After a ton of expansions it is nobody 2 play old content with, so new players miss out on stuff/repetoir.
    Last edited by leetlover; Aug 30th, 2013 at 18:19:02. Reason: just explained something, kthx
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Interesting statement and on some levels you are correct. The difference, however, between AO and the other MMO I play, my cable company, ISP, cell phone provider, insurance company, etc etc is that if I call them with a concern they actually work to make me happy. If i threaten to cancel over product issues, especially cost vs satisfaction, they have customer retention departments that work to try to keep me. This really prevents me (and I guess most customers) from seeking out the company's facebook page or whatever social media with complaints because they're normally resolved quickly and to my satisfaction with a phone call.

AO/Funcom, not so much. They really couldn't care less if you threaten to cancel your account or even if you cancel it at all. So on the point of posting on the forums as a means of a solution, I agree that forum posts here are mainly a method of blowing off steam moreso than anything else.

It is really tough/unrealistic to compare AO with almost any other company most of us give money to. If most of us held Funcom to the same standards we hold our ISP or our cell phone provider then I doubt you'd have many long term players at all. We don't even hold them to the same standards as other MMO's that charge the same price, tbh.
    Heya TJ

Yea totally agree. I did some investigation a while ago, and found that there is one company that dub themselves 'internet lawyers' they are in the USA and its rather gimmicky from what I remember.

When I looked into it a bit further, you cannot even hold the MMO gaming company accountable/liable even from (their) national telecommunications laws or Ombudsman, as you are a foreign customer, in most cases. The correct procedure it seems would be to raise the dispute with your embassy in that country, and go from there. They would not take you seriously, unless its a cybercrime threat but there are pretty much no facilities for poor commercia/business trading practices. It really is an untapped market but it would require some pretty radical global info/sec treaties for it to come into effect. I think it will happen in the future but its at least 10 or 20 years away, and hopefully, will never happen because it will bring with it a whole lotta more ridiculous SOPA-ish and censorware faeces with it. Free the Interwebs!

BUT yea, for now most internet-based companies can do as they please, and most brick-and-mortar companies don't have forum threads for users to discuss pricing changes
    Last edited by Mastura; Aug 30th, 2013 at 04:23:23.
    Shadow Ops
    Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.
    They'll say we're disturbing the peace, but there is no peace. What really bothers them is that we are disturbing the war.
    Tired of little elves with bows? Fed up with spell-flinging goblins? Bored to death by the solitary world of linear games? Despair not. Freedom is on its way, and its name is Anarchy Online.
    Web: http://www.shadowops-online.org | Twitter: @ShadowOpsOnline | AO: Milestones & History

I may have missed it, but what's up with the "Your Voice" posts? I was under the impression that was going to be monthly. D'oh, I know, FC - there is never a definite timeline and is always subject to delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakes View Post
    I may have missed it, but what's up with the "Your Voice" posts? I was under the impression that was going to be monthly. D'oh, I know, FC - there is never a definite timeline and is always subject to delay.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=606480

{Edited by Valter: Inappropriate comment removed}
    Last edited by Valter; Aug 31st, 2013 at 15:29:31.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=606480

{Edited by Valter: Inappropriate comment removed}
    Thanks! When I see an employee post the goodbye, I generally just skim. So many ships passing in the night these days. Not sure if the ships in the night or the loose lips are bigger ship sinkers. Not any worse off than we were before the Your Voice posts I guess. Status quo.

Nothing to see here. Moving along.

Last edited by Valter; Aug 31st, 2013 at 15:30:13.

I miss Means and his weekly updates. I don't know why anyone thought we would rather have a super formal monthly report instead of a much less formal weekly update that talked to us like part of a community instead of shareholders. No one cared that there wasn't always new stuff to update with every week.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Krause View Post
    No one cared that there wasn't always new stuff to update with every week.
    LOL you're so funny!
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

facts r they have to lower monthly AO subscribe to 10€
    and the game flowers up back again in population but they r obstinate, stingy or blind,
    whatever but it is the wrong way.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Stick it on Steam - Lower subscription cost - ??? - Profit.

Job done?
    I'm Batman.

basics ?

Advertisement and Merchandise in Clips at Billboards
    TSW AoC propaganda and Collection of Gamestuff
    Ur created and dressed action toon "3D Prited"
    Mousepads from each game and side΄s
    keychains, Pens.......stuff who brings $
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Where's the new update I'm dying to find out how imminent the engine is this month
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

@Louderer789 read first post at end^^

end of month next update.

So, we have to wait til the end of sept to get an update? pssh fc loses another customer, oh wait. why does anyone care ;D

Funcom Q2 2013 Presentation, 30 August 2013

Work on the new engine and further updates to Anarchy Online continues

Page 15:
    http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2013/...esentation.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post

Work on the new engine and further updates to Anarchy Online continues
    Where did u see that? AO wasnt even mentioned in the report.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast