Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – 31st July, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    /sarcasm on

Monday: I only drink coffee.
    Tuesday: I watch Youtube.
    Wednesday: I look at Macrosun all day (hes so handsome).
    Thursday: I write a sentence for the next newsletter.
    Friday: I just go home.

Bet that explains it all!

/sarcasm off
    The only real reply and question to all of this is: What sort of coffee do you drink? I started using milk in my French press coffe a couple of months ago. Make my tummy more happy
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    The only real reply and question to all of this is: What sort of coffee do you drink? I started using milk in my French press coffe a couple of months ago. Make my tummy more happy
    You contaminate your fine coffee with milk ? Such a heathen!

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    You contaminate your fine coffee with milk ? Such a heathen!
    At the age of 31, 4 cups of strong black coffee makes me poo like a hurricane
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Ahem. Move it to Reet, gentlemen.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Thumbs down

/sarcasm on

/sarcasm off
    There's some pretty legitimate questions in this thread and as per usual funcom employee protocol you respond to the most ridiculous of the bunch. No replies regarding the questions about why the trader shop's being added or the direction/vision you guys have for profession specific things in game. No answer on whether or not the treatment transfer perk (the real one you get from a doctor) is being adjusted to work as good as the item shop version. There was lots of talk about pay to win in this thread as well and a dev's view on where AO is going would be nice.

But nope.. you respond to the tard that insinuates that you do nothing all day because somehow that's even worthy of a response in your eyes. Even if its a sarcastic reply.. its still more than you gave some pretty legit concerns. Totally pathetic.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Aug 7th, 2013 at 19:42:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    I really hate this kind of post. What do you THINK we're doing? If we spent all day replying to every single post in the forum, how much actual work do you think would get done?
    Personally, I would rather see things get finished than troll the forums all day.

There are hundreds of things that need to get done weekly, and in addition to not being in our job description, forum posts are at the very bottom of that list. We try to read most of it (because we are genuinely interested in the game), but in most cases you're not going to get a reply.

And yes, things happen slower than 10 years ago because of our limited resources, but most things do actually happen eventually. I'm willing to bet you that most people would still prefer to have some progress on things instead of turning us into dedicated community managers.
    You hate this kind of post? Wow. I hate reading the same thing oging on for the past 2 years now, I've respected you guys, and AO since 06, I love the game, and I loved how reguarly you guys came out with stuff, but lately it just seems like a tall tale with all the stuff you guys have been saying, and you can't say that I'm not wrong., I wasn't trying to be a d*** about what I posted. And I guess I came off that way, which I am sorry for. But regardless if you guys are working as hard as you say you are, noone really knows ecept you.. and the whole posting on forums, outta 5 days you can't take 20 mins to post something about progress, if there is any? I mean this whole waiting 1 month to MAYBE get some good news is kinda crazy/weird.
    Last edited by Poko; Aug 7th, 2013 at 20:21:42.

/sarcasm on

/sarcasm off
    Regardless if that was sarcastic or not, Nice reply, shows you care alot.

/praymodeset +

Dear Gods of AO. Can we have a picture showing us some beautiful scenery from the new engine - hell, I dunno - somewhere on RK, away from the usual places?.............please???

Thank you.

/endpraymode
    Last edited by AlphaTrion; Aug 7th, 2013 at 21:04:07.
    Rubi-Ka is an ideal Planet for colonisation, but its Notum will make it dangerous if it falls into the wrong hands. I fear for it. Unknown 28703AD

What a perfect response to a perfectly silly question from someone with nothing more than desiring to use the response in some sort of malicious statement. Love it.

Let's be frank a second ... did her reply actually matter to you, regardless of the content of it? I'm betting on 'NO'.

Quote Originally Posted by Poko View Post
    Regardless if that was sarcastic or not, Nice reply, shows you care alot.
    Yes, she doesn't care ... it's not like it's her job to give a care about a game she's the director for, that affects her professional career, the professional career and experience of others, her employer's bottom line, that impacts a game she is passionate about, that allows her to do something most programmers would die to do .... Wow, you've NAILED it buddy.
    Last edited by Obtena; Aug 7th, 2013 at 22:12:26.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    What a perfect response to a perfectly silly question from someone with nothing more than desiring to use the response in some sort of malicious statement. Love it.

Let's be frank a second ... did her reply actually matter to you, regardless of the content of it? I'm betting on 'NO'.

Yes, she doesn't care ... it's not like it's her job to give a care about a game she's the director for, that affects her professional career, the professional career and experience of others, her employer's bottom line, that impacts a game she is passionate about, that allows her to do something most programmers would die to do .... Wow, you've NAILED it buddy.

Does her reply matter to me? Yes. Why? Because I'm the one that pays the monthly fee, I'm the one who sits here hearing the same stuff over and over. Would I like a nonsarcastic reply from her? Would love one actually. Would I like for you to actually grow up? Man, would love that one too. But I'm sure you ill just quote me and point out what I say/type wrong ectect, like you do with everyone else, you gotta feed of something, right?

People who ask what staff are doing should probably go on test and see what a lot of them are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    People who ask what staff are doing should probably go on test and see what a lot of them are doing.
    Indeen.
    Rubi-Ka is an ideal Planet for colonisation, but its Notum will make it dangerous if it falls into the wrong hands. I fear for it. Unknown 28703AD

The issue with macrosun's and Genele's reply (to me) is the fact that they replied at all.

Never let someone rile you up to where you start to be unprofessional in relation to your job. Acknowledging that type of nonsense isn't necessary and I know personally I'd rather have them spend time answering real questions than using the bit of time they spend on the forums responding to trolling.

I'm just disappointed.. but whatever.. life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    Personally, I would rather see things get finished than troll the forums all day.
    Hahaha.

Oh wait, you're serious. Let me laugh even harder.

HAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Kungpo View Post
    Watching other guys @ wednesday - i bet broke back mountain is your favourite film, no?
    What's that "broke back mountain" you speak of, and how does that have anything to do with poor FC communication skills?
    Solweintraub - Engi - 220/30/70
    Byteflush... - Advy - 150/04/14

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Nothing? I'm on there daily

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    The issue with macrosun's and Genele's reply (to me) is the fact that they replied at all.

Never let someone rile you up to where you start to be unprofessional in relation to your job. Acknowledging that type of nonsense isn't necessary and I know personally I'd rather have them spend time answering real questions than using the bit of time they spend on the forums responding to trolling.

I'm just disappointed.. but whatever.. life goes on.

Trolling? How is my question trolling? It was a legit question what do they do from Monday to Friday, because it ain't working on ao. I could go as far as saying all of the questions you ask, are trolling.

Trolling? How is my question trolling? It was a legit question what do they do from Monday to Friday, because it ain't working on ao. I could go as far as saying all of the questions you ask, are trolling.
    lol.. I am not going to go there with you But nice try.

Nice try? I'm not playing a game. I'm asking a legit question like you are, if you think its "trolling" you need to reread the defintion of it, to be honest, I wasn't expecting for gen, let alone marco reply to my post, I'm sorry they haven't replied to yours, but to keep saying I'm trolling, I'm this kind of person ectect, is foolish. And there's a more bigger picture here than treatment transfer cans and trader shop. Sorry but there is.

DWould I like a nonsarcastic reply from her? Would love one actually.
    A good first start would have been to ask a non-sarcastic question. What do you do everyday? You say they don't care? You claim they aren't working on AO? There was NO way you are being serious and obviously no legitimate reason to give you a non-sarcastic response knowing full well it's just a baiting question. You must think everyone here is rather stupid.
    Last edited by Obtena; Aug 8th, 2013 at 03:46:51.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast