Thread: Returning to Rubi-Ka

Returning to Rubi-Ka

Hi all,

I've returned to Rubi-Ka after, I dunno, I think 7 years. I have a couple of quick questions:

1.) Should I continue this character (179 Adventurer), or should I start a new one until I get back in the swing of things?
    2.) If I should start a new one, which profession should I pursue?
    3.) Does the faction I choose still matter, or has that gone by the wayside?

Thanks in advance for the help!
    Rhiannon "Krystanova" Pourier
    Xenobiologist and Explorer, 179 Adventurer
    Explorer 100%, Achiever 53%, Socializer 47%, Killer 0%

Visit Faunlore: Rubi-Kan Wildlife, the Anarchy Online bestiary!

I would suggest you to start a whole new character on a different account so you can easily support yourself when you feel the urge to. If you pursue playing your Adventurer you will miss all the new stuff in early game, and your learning curve will be bit unbalanced.

Both factions are pretty good right now.

I'd start a new toon, some great options are: enforcer, doctor, soldier or bureaucrat, another great choice is engineer, but it takes a bit of time to get used to the playstyle.

What MC said is pretty much it

As for the most encounters you want to have crat, sol, doc - so having one of them ensures you a spot at any time (the most needed seems to be doc followed by crat and sold)

Sides pretty much depend on your favours. Maybe you want to stay neutral at first so you can profit of the Gardenquests for either sides since its a nice xp boost!

When you start leveling as clan you want to visit 4 Holes and take a walk with Frederickson since eh rewards you with a 35% xp buff that persists through death (not sure of there are omni/neut alternatives!)
    Here is a link to this buff: http://youtu.be/7Aa514yD6No

If you need any help, feel free to send me a tell ingame!

Welcome back!
    SPARTANS
    We bow down before no man.
    Recruiting Thread | Website

Welcome Back!
    Guardian Valter
    Forums Team
    Community Relations Department
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    Forums Social Guidelines

On the one hand, you will have a 100x easier times getting into endgame raids if you are a doc/sol/enf/crat, so that speaks for leveling a new character, especially if any of those profs interests you. On the other, having any level 220 character asap will greatly increase your ability to farm credits, and that would speak for continuing with the adventurer since you have a decent head start. Good luck!
    Trypha - 220/30/70 Engineer - General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypothecary - 220/30/69 Doctor
    Trypocalypse - 220/30/70 Soldier
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

Welcome back
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I'm in an org. They're helpful, fun and bring me along on plenty of stuff. With that said, most of the folks in my org, myself included, have at least two accounts, a 215+ main on at least one of those accounts, and spend a lot of our individual time pocketing/leeching/boxing our alts. That's AO.

My advice?

1) Level the advie to 220, or park that toon and on the other account you should have, level a crat. You'll want the doc alt on the same account as the advie, as those two classes (doc + advie) aren't as complimentary as a two box of crat+doc or crat+advie is. If I was doing it, I'd be grinding the crat exclusively, minus doing the advie's dailies every day. Right now, I do my keeper and doc dailies, and then grind my crat.

2) Do the PVP daily every day, never miss it. Those VP add up. Skip everything else if you want, but never skip the easy VP daily. Don't care how many toons you have, but get every one of them a Yalm (buyable from item store now, and very cheap), and do Reclaim the Lands on each of them every day. If I sound like a broken record on this, it's because it's just that silly to skip.

My org gave me good advice when I joined - if I feel like leveling my keeper, then cool. But really, get a 220 crat AND doc, on separate accounts, and then you'll have the best support toons in the game, plus you'll get to go on lots more raids and actually see the game.

You don't need a crat or a doc to get teams. Geez. Level what you feel comfortable playing and then don't slack when you get invites, this will lead to you having no problems at all getting teams once you get to the higher levels

I'm guessing you'll join a org that has players as well, a lot of the encounters today can be done with one team or less. So getting raids done if you have one or two friends that joins is easy.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Your Faunlore website from way back when is awesome, I've used it lots in my time on Rubi-ka.

Thanks for that!

You may not need to play one of the 4 love children, but there's a reason everybody and their brother has at least one of them. If you get in an org that does high end content then you may be able to tag along occasionally with whatever class you choose. The mechanics of the game are such that anything can be done with those 4 classes and even the enforcer is optional in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Welcome back
    Mastablasta! How have you been? I've noticed you, Wrangeline and Darkbane are still around.

Quote Originally Posted by Biancha View Post
    Your Faunlore website from way back when is awesome, I've used it lots in my time on Rubi-ka.

Thanks for that!
    Thanks Biancha! I know it's not been updated in forever... life's taken me on quite a ride, but I'm glad it's been useful even in its mothballed state.
    Rhiannon "Krystanova" Pourier
    Xenobiologist and Explorer, 179 Adventurer
    Explorer 100%, Achiever 53%, Socializer 47%, Killer 0%

Visit Faunlore: Rubi-Kan Wildlife, the Anarchy Online bestiary!

Been fine, thanks yea, we are a few guys still around from the old times
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Welcome back.
    Last edited by Sagemanx; Oct 7th, 2013 at 05:12:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    You don't need a crat or a doc to get teams. Geez. Level what you feel comfortable playing and then don't slack when you get invites, this will lead to you having no problems at all getting teams once you get to the higher levels

I'm guessing you'll join a org that has players as well, a lot of the encounters today can be done with one team or less. So getting raids done if you have one or two friends that joins is easy.
    I haven't seen a group and I'm constantly asking about them in chat at least at low levels. How are you guys finding groups because it's been a desert for me out there. One of the reasons I'm thinking of going to a froob because paying for Shadowlands seems moot right now since I cant do anything there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagemanx View Post
    I haven't seen a group and I'm constantly asking about them in chat at least at low levels. How are you guys finding groups because it's been a desert for me out there. One of the reasons I'm thinking of going to a froob because paying for Shadowlands seems moot right now since I cant do anything there.
    Have you tried typing /lft or checking the LFT window (Looking For Team, it's shift+f)? Generally it's very few that uses this at such a low level (talking 1-30ish)..

Another tip is to go where the people are leveling; i.e L20-35 is often done at Crippler Cave as it is very easy and rewarding. Try listing your /lft message accordingly (i.e /lft Crips). Also; some time-zones are more active, generally about 16:00utc is (afaik) pretty active. Also try to post in OOC in both the zone, and any major city (Bori, Athen etc..) as some people may want to join with an lowbie alt character. Either ask for a team or ask where people generally level at that level to try to find someone there.
    Lommelun - Beaurecrat, Neofexa - Fixer, Stikkpille - Doctor, Shoppegal - Trader, Klossmajor - Enforcer, Lodottis - NT

"Don't drink and twink." - Dredd

Quote Originally Posted by Lommelun View Post
    Have you tried typing /lft or checking the LFT window (Looking For Team, it's shift+f)? Generally it's very few that uses this at such a low level (talking 1-30ish)..

Another tip is to go where the people are leveling; i.e L20-35 is often done at Crippler Cave as it is very easy and rewarding. Try listing your /lft message accordingly (i.e /lft Crips). Also; some time-zones are more active, generally about 16:00utc is (afaik) pretty active. Also try to post in OOC in both the zone, and any major city (Bori, Athen etc..) as some people may want to join with an lowbie alt character. Either ask for a team or ask where people generally level at that level to try to find someone there.
    that.

Also you could subscribe to Neutnet and Dnet for Levels 50+ since they are used even low Levels to find teams.

Join a Org!
    SPARTANS
    We bow down before no man.
    Recruiting Thread | Website