Thread: Crypt of Home in Broken Shores

Crypt of Home in Broken Shores

OK, I give up. What's the way to get to Crypt of Home without being PVP flagged as a neutral? Have tried both citys in Broken Shores and both seen to have gas with 15 sec flag warnings around both of them.

Not really interested in being fodder for 220s at level 86 (1st, highest level toon, with not much twinking and dropped gear). And I've been known to do some PVP in the past in other games but standard "lowbie fodder" is just not that interesting of gameplay to me.
    Last edited by Esquire; Aug 20th, 2013 at 22:36:59.
    "INVICTUS"

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

/tell helpbot lvl 86
    [Helpbot]: L 86: Team 63-119 | PvP 68-109 | 829400 XP | Missions 60, 64, 68, 73, 77, 86, 94, 103, 111, 129, 154

You cant be cannonfodder for 220's at your level.
    Enter grid -> go to Broken Shores on second floor -> exit grid -> jump into your yalm -> fly around/over any dangerous stuff and get to CoH unflagged.
    Procrastinate Now!

at your lvl 220's can't touch you, your not in pvp range. and the gas only makes you open to attack it does not give you a pvp flag in your ncu. just fly there and you will be fine.
    or ask an engie to warp you if your scared.
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Littlepistol 200/30/52 MP
    Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

“Political language ...is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” -George Orwell

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Thanks for info. Learned something new here. I have looked thru a couple of PVP guides and knew about the level separation for "battlegrounds" but they said nothing that the separation is thru-out the entire system. Looked like open world PVP to me for gas zones with what I read there.

Still what I would call a not-so-good-design, to be honest. Leveling content placed in a PVP zone ends up as nothing more than a "gate", for some, to that content and leads to PVP griefing and /ragequit. Seen it way more than once in my own guild with the saber drop placed in Restess over the years I played back in SWG. Now once those same people got geared out, it wasn't all that hard to get them involved into PVP gameplay on a equal footing basis, so to speak.

There seems to be a boat-load of reasons to PVP in this game, towers, city functions, points, etc and trying to force PVP via areas with leveling content is probably not needed or required. Funcom really needs to look over these areas, or place "warps" to these instances before this game hits steam. With all the outdated guides and miss-information I've seen, even the vet MMORPG player can get the wrong idea or impression.

And had no idea of a /helpbot command either. I'll have to try that ingame.
    Last edited by Esquire; Aug 20th, 2013 at 23:45:54.
    "INVICTUS"

City of Home (the grid exit on 2nd floor mentioned by Knyffen) is 100% suppression gas.

And it's 75% gas beyond the city limits unless you stumble into tower field surrounding CoH while its hot. I think there's actually a thin strip of not-notum-field that lets you get all the way to CoH from the City of Home if you follow the dirt path.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Esquire View Post
    Not really interested in being fodder for 220s at level 86
    That must be a really old PvP guide you've been reading, as it's been a very long time since being level 75+ meant that you can be attackable all the way to the top.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Like posters above said that must have been an old and not so good guide. It's near impossible to get involved in unwanted pvp in this game if you are careful and know what you are doing. You can go almost anywhere (there is a few exceptions) in Anarchy Online without risk of being attacked by other players.

So relax and enjoy your stay on Rubi-Ka
    Last edited by Qianjin; Aug 21st, 2013 at 09:59:29.
    Qianjin | martial artist | neutral | rubi-ka | shattered dreams (link!)
    Guifei | bureaucrat | neutral | rubi-ka | shattered dreams

and a few more lowbie alts

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    That must be a really old PvP guide you've been reading, as it's been a very long time since being level 75+ meant that you can be attackable all the way to the top.
    Seems it is. I also had to ask if player looting was in-game before this as it's included in this guide also.

Not really too many PVP guides left out there, it would seem. The wiki doesn't have all that much info on it either.

And for the poster that said to enjoy my stay...., Have and are including bringing an entire SWG guild over with another coming, I believe. Only thing I wish is I'd have found this game when SWG closed instead of running from game to game for the last 1.5 years. Would of saved a boat-load of frustration.
    "INVICTUS"

http://www.ao-universe.com/

Chances are you've already discovered AOU, but for the sake of others it can't hurt to link to it here. It's the most updated & comprehensive guide site for AO

Welcome to AO & enjoy Rubi-Ka
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Seems it is. I also had to ask if player looting was in-game before this as it's included in this guide also.

Not really too many PVP guides left out there, it would seem. The wiki doesn't have all that much info on it either.

And for the poster that said to enjoy my stay...., Have and are including bringing an entire SWG guild over with another coming, I believe. Only thing I wish is I'd have found this game when SWG closed instead of running from game to game for the last 1.5 years. Would of saved a boat-load of frustration.
    Nice to see influx of new players. See you out there on RK
    Qianjin | martial artist | neutral | rubi-ka | shattered dreams (link!)
    Guifei | bureaucrat | neutral | rubi-ka | shattered dreams

and a few more lowbie alts

Still what I would call a not-so-good-design, to be honest. Leveling content placed in a PVP zone ends up as nothing more than a "gate", for some, to that content and leads to PVP griefing and /ragequit. Seen it way more than once in my own guild with the saber drop placed in Restess over the years I played back in SWG. Now once those same people got geared out, it wasn't all that hard to get them involved into PVP gameplay on a equal footing basis, so to speak.

There seems to be a boat-load of reasons to PVP in this game, towers, city functions, points, etc and trying to force PVP via areas with leveling content is probably not needed or required. Funcom really needs to look over these areas, or place "warps" to these instances before this game hits steam. With all the outdated guides and miss-information I've seen, even the vet MMORPG player can get the wrong idea or impression.
    No, no, no, no! Please don't make this game any easier!

All those zones are part of AO just like there are cities with guards that attack players from other factions and zones with nasty DoTs if you try to enter without special items.

Please also note that you need TWO people to open the door in CoH. I don't want that to be changed too.

Please also note that at Halloween you'll find special mobs that drop special loot in those PvP zones.

This is part of the game.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by alfora View Post
    No, no, no, no! Please don't make this game any easier!

All those zones are part of AO just like there are cities with guards that attack players from other factions and zones with nasty DoTs if you try to enter without special items.

Please also note that you need TWO people to open the door in CoH. I don't want that to be changed too.

Please also note that at Halloween you'll find special mobs that drop special loot in those PvP zones.

This is part of the game.
    I do understand where your coming from. After all, I lived (and played after a few extended breaks) thru the CU, NGE, and C6CD (Chapter 6 Combat Downgrade) over at SWG.

Where I'm coming from is that when SOE "blew up Restess" and turned it into a open world PVP zone (spent a lot of time there myself) they also added the "Emperor's Hand" in the middle of the city. That was a NPC that dropped the "Jinsu" saber (here it would be called NODROP/Unique) which jedi, later on, needed it for gearing progression to get their end game robe(s). There were threads on that from the moment they put that in until SOE Austin finally gave in and made the saber schematic trade-able and sale-able on the bazaar. Even after that the threads continued for the people who wanted to grind the saber themselves, instead of paying credits for it, on the problems of "ganking", people waiting at the hand and farming the PVE centric players who came in after the drop, and lowbies trying to get the saber for nothing more than PVE progression. It became a large mess and that was the only spot in SWG that placed PVE players right in the middle of PVP gameplay.

I went after the jinsu saber myself and got it, in fact I had several when they made it trade-able and sold every one of them or gave them away to guildies. However, I was also a guild leader and seen this problem crop up more than once with several different players in and out of my guild. I'm all for game difficulty (it's nice to not just "faceroll" NPCs again to be honest and have to think about pulling/etc), but trying to blend PVE and PVP by areas has caused more problems in games that it ever solved. The people who simply won't PVP will be gated from the content and progression and if it becomes that important for advancement hey will end up heading to another game due to being stopped. Or you have people who try and get farmed by "twinked" endgame PVPers who 1-shot kill without a problem and the end result is /ragequit. That doesn't help "our" game either, or Funcom for that matter, even if you and I happen to like PVP gameplay.
    "INVICTUS"

I do understand where your coming from. After all, I lived (and played after a few extended breaks) thru the CU, NGE, and C6CD (Chapter 6 Combat Downgrade) over at SWG.

Where I'm coming from is that when SOE "blew up Restess" and turned it into a open world PVP zone (spent a lot of time there myself) they also added the "Emperor's Hand" in the middle of the city. That was a NPC that dropped the "Jinsu" saber (here it would be called NODROP/Unique) which jedi, later on, needed it for gearing progression to get their end game robe(s). There were threads on that from the moment they put that in until SOE Austin finally gave in and made the saber schematic trade-able and sale-able on the bazaar. Even after that the threads continued for the people who wanted to grind the saber themselves, instead of paying credits for it, on the problems of "ganking", people waiting at the hand and farming the PVE centric players who came in after the drop, and lowbies trying to get the saber for nothing more than PVE progression. It became a large mess and that was the only spot in SWG that placed PVE players right in the middle of PVP gameplay.

I went after the jinsu saber myself and got it, in fact I had several when they made it trade-able and sold every one of them or gave them away to guildies. However, I was also a guild leader and seen this problem crop up more than once with several different players in and out of my guild. I'm all for game difficulty (it's nice to not just "faceroll" NPCs again to be honest and have to think about pulling/etc), but trying to blend PVE and PVP by areas has caused more problems in games that it ever solved. The people who simply won't PVP will be gated from the content and progression and if it becomes that important for advancement hey will end up heading to another game due to being stopped. Or you have people who try and get farmed by "twinked" endgame PVPers who 1-shot kill without a problem and the end result is /ragequit. That doesn't help "our" game either, or Funcom for that matter, even if you and I happen to like PVP gameplay.
    I understand your sentiment as i'm purely a pvm player but... getting ganked is, and always will be a part of AO, it's a faction based game, contested areas are a given, and besides getting ganked is easily avoidable, unless your clan and going for the xp buff in 4holes, then you can count on getting ganked once in awhile when in range of 220's, happened to me more than once.
    although I would advise against running through borealis with a flag.
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

“Political language ...is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” -George Orwell

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

The people who simply won't PVP will be gated from the content and progression and if it becomes that important for advancement hey will end up heading to another game due to being stopped. Or you have people who try and get farmed by "twinked" endgame PVPers who 1-shot kill without a problem and the end result is /ragequit. That doesn't help "our" game either, or Funcom for that matter, even if you and I happen to like PVP gameplay.
    AO is so huge that you can level up and advance your character without thinking about PvP at all. There is no choke point where you have to PvP if you don't want to. There are always alternatives.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Aiken already posted a link to AO Universe. In case you haven't seen it yet, AO Universe has a nice little "Introduction to PvP" article:

http://www.ao-universe.com/index.php?id=14&pid=391

AO Universe also has some nice information on a PvP Quest and PvP daily missions.

I'm strictly PvM, and have hardly ever had a problem avoiding PvP. There are certain areas that I've learned to stay away from, go around, or travel through very very fast, but it's all doable without limiting my PvM activities.

EDIT: And welcome to AO!
    Last edited by Tiralee; Aug 23rd, 2013 at 14:07:41.

Here they took the great old pvp zones and turned them into no-pvp zones it was always interesting going in certain places.. come in force or come not at all was the way it was at certain times of day. But I guess with not so many players anymore it becomes less interesting
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Since everybody already answered everything... Welcome AO and enjoy your stay :3

EDIT: nublain noticed this thread is old. But welcome anyway xD
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by alfora View Post
    Just mentioning that it can be done solo easily enough with proper runspeed Just click one side and run to the other (very fast.. talking 1500+rs aproximately) and click there to get through.. but generally yes, you need two people clicking them 'simoultainiously' to open the door.

Side note; the door closes fast so run through it with all you've got! If by any chance the whole team does not get through there is a lever on the other side that can be used if somebody in team got through (however this spawns a nice suprise to anyone in the 'waiting room' ).
    Lommelun - Beaurecrat, Neofexa - Fixer, Stikkpille - Doctor, Shoppegal - Trader, Klossmajor - Enforcer, Lodottis - NT

"Don't drink and twink." - Dredd

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Here they took the great old pvp zones and turned them into no-pvp zones it was always interesting going in certain places.. come in force or come not at all was the way it was at certain times of day. But I guess with not so many players anymore it becomes less interesting
    ahh the good old days hanging out en mass at grid exits, major gankage
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

The people who made Meetmedere grid 75% should be ran over by a hungry polar bear on ice skates.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view