Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: AOItems.com - Anarchy Online Items Database!

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Nano listings
    I've tried to put nano programs into logical groups to make it easier to find what you're looking for, and to see what stacks and what doesn't. There's currently some placeholder text towards the top of the page, but this will be replaced with Complete Awesomeness(tm) in due time. Some nano listings are missing still, but the ones which are available should be complete. If you happen to notice a nano program is missing from one of the available nano listings, please let me know!
    Oh boy!

Finally a list of nanos in groups that make sense!

A list of keeper nanos that show you at one glance which aura is canceled by what other aura.

A list of doctor debuffs that shows you which one break and which one don't.

Wow! I love it!
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Love the design of the page! It looks absolutely great

Improvement suggestion:
    List where/how to get the nanos? So for example list which SL garden to purchase some of the nanos, which are RK dyna loot, blitzable yes/no etc.

No idea how big of a task that is, and it isn't necessary for a well functioning site, but a nice little "extra" if possible

Great job.

As said how the nano listing is done is very nice. Also like the direct visual presentation of an items slots. And of course some of the other details, too.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone. I'm glad you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    (comparison of items)
    This is a very complicated thing to automate, but do consider it as being on the to-do list! I can't say when I'll get around to implementing it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    (lots of detailed feedback!)
    The "Lorem ipsum" at the top of the nano listings are placeholder text. The faded-out nano listings are not yet sorted. The fixer nano listing is a work-in-progress (got interrupted by more urgent stuff), which explains why this page actually somewhat works, although not like the non-faded ones.

Quote Originally Posted by algoreith View Post
    (...)how you get your Database?(...)
    I use a program I wrote, called DeRP (stands for [De]moder's [R]DB [P]arser) to traverse Anarchy Online's resource database. These tools do a lot more footwork which is too technical to briefly describe here, but suffice to say, there's very little manual work in this process. It's 99.98% automated. As for making sense of the data and displaying it on the website, that's a whole other chapter which involves significant amounts of research.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Are your nanos auto-sorted? (...MP nano list feedback...)
    Nano listings are semi-automatically sorted. I define algorithms for selecting the correct nano programs in each subcategory. Once the algorithm is implemented, it'll do its thing even if there's new nano programs.
    Thanks for the feedback on the MP nano listings! I've taken note, and will adjust this soon.
    PS: The "orphan" table at the bottom displays all nano programs for a given profession which are not caught by a defined sorting algorithm.

Quote Originally Posted by Oljalyn View Post
    (...)List where/how to get the nanos?
    This is probably the biggest reason I go to Auno's nano listings; to see where things can be bought! I absolutely want this feature on AOItems, and I want to show the information for every item.
    I actually have something similar for the CIDB & Itemsbot right now, but I'm not happy with the way the data is collected and stored. As such, I spawned a new project a few months back which looks at improving this, for both the existing systems, and for AOItems to use in the future. Stay tuned...
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Veev's feedback was so detailed that I figured I should make a separate post addressing it..

Quote Originally Posted by Veev View Post
    (...)
    On the "Anything" page, for example (and other items), I think it could be visually cleaned up a bit by removing the "User" and "Modify" text, since it is all very redundant, and shrinking the column size to autofit the contents, so there isn't such a large horizontal gap to match up the stat name with the stat value.

I'm assuming the "User" text there is to specify that it's a passive stat (and not some on-use effect for example), but I think it would be best to just assume that's the default kind of stat, and only list the stat effect if it's not a normal passive stat.
    (...)
    "User" is actually the target of which this spell is performed on. It can say User, Target, FightingTarget, etc. "Modify" is the spell, which modifies a stat. For example, the first line states that Psychic is to be modified by (+)2. Since these spells are in the "Perform on Wear" box, they get executed when your character equips this item, and are reversed when your character unequips it.

I see that the search page is still very basic. It would be nice that if default search results excluded items that aren't actually available in-game. This would require them to be individually flagged I assume, but I'm sure you could find some volunteers.
    The search tool needs lots of love, that's for sure.
    Excluding items which are not in-game is a lot of "grunt work", and considering the scope of the AO database, I've been implementing other ways of hiding items from the search. There's already thousands of items being excluded from the search results, such as items only usable by monsters.
    Later on, the search tool will allow better customization of what gets filtered.

For your search algorithm, I would like to see partial word matching if possible, so searching for "cryst disk" would pull up the item, like it does on the ingame market.
    Although the search tool doesn't allow this, the quick search does. I'll be improving the search tool once other more pressing matters are dealt with.

For the nano listing page, maybe a check box to toggle the display of which nanos are FP'able or not. Sort of an eye sore for half of the text to be FP-related, if you're not concerned with it. Or at least shrink/dim the font.
    The placeholder text at the top of the nano listing pages will be replaced with "Complete Awesomeness(tm)" in due time.

Oh, also, it would be pretty amazing if you could import all of the Auno database comments. I'm not sure if he would be supportive of that or not, but given the extended history of that site, the item/page comments contain the vast majority of the information that people actually go there to look for.
    I agree, Aunos comments are invaluable. I consider those as Auno's legacy though, and don't want to harvest them. I'm looking at several other options for gathering and displaying the information people find in the comment section there, as well as implementing my own comment section to cover the gaps. Tip: To quickly check Aunos comment section, click the link in the debug widget at the top right of the page.
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Would it be possible to backwards add which, where and what quest etc. info links from AO universe to the items DB. So when you look up an item on AOitems it will provide you with an extra section with related links to quest, mob and etc. info websites?

e.g. Iceburn shield Enf nano --> related link will get you to the AO universe website on Pen quest.

https://aoitems.com/item/269460/
    Displaying:
    (Type) Reward:
    Xan Civilization Quest: (http://www.ao-universe.com/index.php?id=14&pid=333)

and for

https://aoitems.com/item/269671/1/
    Displaying:
    (Type) Used in Quest:
    Xan Civilization Quest: (http://www.ao-universe.com/index.php?id=14&pid=333)

Great work !!!
    Last edited by Aimzor; Aug 22nd, 2013 at 13:42:15. Reason: more linkies
    To Equip User Faction == Neutral

Comments via Auno would be awesome. I don't think there is a big enough community to ever recreate the wealth of information contained within auno.org

I would like to be able to search for items by such criteria as: Usable by Profession / Faction / etc

You mentioned above toggling debug mode for Auno comments, I only have a link for xyphos which unfortunately never accumulated much worthwhile user submitted info.

One display bug that is easy to trigger:
    View an item from search: i.e. https://aoitems.com/item/245797/240/
    Turn on the "Raw Data" toggle, and the formatting goes wonky, blowing out of the formatting boxes at the top. Probably not a big deal if someone really wants raw data, but worth a note.

This site has so much potential, off to a great start!

...snip...
    I agree, Aunos comments are invaluable. I consider those as Auno's legacy though, and don't want to harvest them. I'm looking at several other options for gathering and displaying the information people find in the comment section there, as well as implementing my own comment section to cover the gaps. Tip: To quickly check Aunos comment section, click the link in the debug widget at the top right of the page.
    How about... given Auno's accept of course... that Auno's comments are imported and added separately in a subpage and/or below new comments or even at first, but marked in a different color giving full props to Auno in a header or something?

That way all that invaluable and too a large extent irreplaceable wealth of info is not only gathered at a single place, but sort of "backed up" on yours as well...
    There would be an epic cry of thousands of voices if those comments some day for some reason were lost.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Keeping the Auno comments would be an excellent way to keep a tribute to it all, yet keep things up to date
    I can't imagine Auno himself would be too worried about it, it has to be worth checking at least imo.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback!
    needs more cowbell.

on a more serious note, YAAY it finally launched! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    needs more cowbell.
    As always, not enough dinosaurs. Even Mario had dinosaurs.

Another idea... would be cool to implement some kind of support for breakpoints. E.g., on a QL200 IQ ring, you could have some button to find quality levels with the exact same stats (aside from requirements), and it would report back 184-200. This way, you wouldn't have to list every single breakpoint, but just allow someone to find where the next cutoff point is from the QL they're currently browsing.

Quote Originally Posted by Veev View Post
    Another idea... would be cool to implement some kind of support for breakpoints. E.g., on a QL200 IQ ring, you could have some button to find quality levels with the exact same stats (aside from requirements), and it would report back 184-200. This way, you wouldn't have to list every single breakpoint, but just allow someone to find where the next cutoff point is from the QL they're currently browsing.
    Isn't there a QL-slider for that? like on xyphos.com...
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Awesome site. I really like the simple design.
    Tools like implant designer, perk planner and equipment designer would be nice additions.

Site updated! See OP for changelog.

wow @ /history! that's rather cool
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Helpbot Store (helpstore) now found a new home at AOItems!
    This is a tool which creates selling/auction lists by the simple use of drag&drop. See website or /tell helpbot store for more information.

NEW! If the item you are looking at appears in an AO-Universe guide, appropiate links will appear in the widgets bar (that's the right-most column). Example: http://aoitems.com/item/275706/215/

Please see changelog in original post in this thread for full details on changes.

Just some feedback:

Generally when I'm using a website based nano listing it is because I'm trying to generate a list of needed nanos for a new alt. For that purpose, there's key information that is nice to see without having to drill into the nano link: Quality Level (QL) and Garden Location.

This allows me to create a list, ordered by either QL or garden, and then roll nanos via mishbuddy in an orderly fashion. Auno has this info right on the main nano listing page, I noticed that the QL is missing from the main nano listing page on Xyphos and your site as well.

As long as that info isn't included, I'm forced to keep going back to auno for lookups simply out of convenience/speed.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I understand that people value the comments from Auno's site, but scraping comments from Auno (as Demoder also mentions) without prior approval from him would be a douchebag-move.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast