Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: AOItems.com - Anarchy Online Items Database!

AOItems updated to 18.7.1, and the NT nano/perk link once again has an appropiate icon.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Just checked, and the Donate link is still showing up in Norwegian for me. Tried while logged in to paypal also, and got the same result.

If you heard a loud smack right now, that was me facepalming. Because I updated the link on the responsive menu, but forgot to do so on the old menu! Doh. Fixed now.
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Thanks a lot for the donations. Motivation++

I kind of like the current landing page, showing detailed info on the most recent patch. However, I'm considering doing a hybrid; Showing a short summary of the latest patch with an obvious link to get more details, and below that, well... What would you guys like to see on the https://aoitems.com/ landing page?

Well something that I realised last night was that with 18.7.1, all of the nanos which had changed with 18.7.0 were no longer marked with a ! in their respective profession nano pages. I hadn't yet finished going through all of the profession nanos and their changes in detail in order to update all my characters, so it was harder for me to tell what's changed without thoroughly examining every individual nano. I can look at the total content of changed stuff in 18.7.0 but it's HUGE and I'm only interested in the nanos on a prof-by-prof basis! Is there any way (or the possiblity of creating it) to pick a patch and have the items which changed at that patch shown grouped up by category e.g. Armour, AI Perks, Nanos? Just typing 'nano' into the filter (have to account for NanoCrystal and Nano Crystal being different...) still leaves a huge mess of stuff to wade through.

I should have been faster to go through all of the nano changes but I didn't realise the ! notifier would go away after minor patches

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Love this! As a returning player who has forgotten everything this helps a lot! : )
    "Evil is always possible. Goodness is a difficulty."
    Anne Rice

Zenna, Babygrand, Zoefix

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Thanks a lot for the donations. Motivation++

I kind of like the current landing page, showing detailed info on the most recent patch. However, I'm considering doing a hybrid; Showing a short summary of the latest patch with an obvious link to get more details, and below that, well... What would you guys like to see on the https://aoitems.com/ landing page?
    Perhaps have the different sections for New, Modified, etc. scroll separately rather than roll over to the next page if they don't fit in their respective window ...

Emma

Perk explorer converted. (example: doctor) Still have to do some CSS tweaking.

I wonder if you are interested in adding garden availability to SL nanos... Or if this is even sensible.

I do have quite recent(18.7) listing of them on trade forums...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

First off, thanks Demoder for hosting and maintaining such a useful site!

As I was researching some MA weapons the other day, I found that there was often a discrepancy between the "MartialArts" stat listed in the verbose view on the site and the "MA for combined attack" stat listed on the actual item card in AO. The only items I had on hand to confirm this were the Torturing Tool, Hazangerine Claws, and Nano-Charged Stun-Glove - 070, but other items are likely affected as well. I might simply be misinterpreting the information on the site, but I figured you would be able to shed some more light on what exactly was going on. Thanks again!

Fluff

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffinator View Post
    First off, thanks Demoder for hosting and maintaining such a useful site!

As I was researching some MA weapons the other day, I found that there was often a discrepancy between the "MartialArts" stat listed in the verbose view on the site and the "MA for combined attack" stat listed on the actual item card in AO. The only items I had on hand to confirm this were the Torturing Tool, Hazangerine Claws, and Nano-Charged Stun-Glove - 070, but other items are likely affected as well. I might simply be misinterpreting the information on the site, but I figured you would be able to shed some more light on what exactly was going on. Thanks again!

Fluff
    This is very curious. I've checked how torturing tool displays ingame and on AOItems. A little pretext: An item contains one or more templates. These templates have quality levels. The game does something called interpolation between these templates when the QL of the item isn't exactly that of one of the member templates.

So here goes:
    Torturing tool consist of three templates. QL 1, 199 and 200. QL 1 has a req of Martial Arts >= 2 to dualwield. At ql 199, it has a requirement of 838 MA. At QL 200, it has a requirement of 844. In this, the AO ingame items card and AOItems agree.
    However, when we move on to checking arbitary quality levels, say ql 100, AOItems says it should require 420 while AO says it should require 838. AO says the ql 100 item should have the same requirement as the ql 199 item. Curious.
    Checking the ql 2 item, expecting AO to say it should require 2 MA, I got a significant surprise. Once again, it says it requires 838 MA to dualwield. It seems to require the skill of the highest QL template used for displaying the information, which leads me to think this is a bug with the ingame info card.

However, I don't know for sure. I don't have an affected item to test with, so it would be nice if someone could check whether the ingame info card matches actual wield requirements by attempting to wield the item with an MA skill that equals or is greater than the one listed on AOItems, yet less than the one that's listed on the info card in AO. (Or a MA skill that is less than the one listed on AOItems and check the error message) Remember: It's the lowest multi-wield req of the weapons you're dualwielding that counts.
    Last edited by Demoder; May 1st, 2015 at 04:10:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    I wonder if you are interested in adding garden availability to SL nanos... Or if this is even sensible.

I do have quite recent(18.7) listing of them on trade forums...
    Sure. I have a tool for automatically grabbing all this info though, will just have to update it for 18.7.x changes. I might look into it after converting rest of AOItems to responsive layout.

I could be mistaken, but I seem to remember the ingame itemcard displaying the same values as the site prior to either 18.7 or 18.7.1. I have a Torturing Tool of an appropriate QL to put me between the two expected MA values, so if I manage to equip it, I will post back with the results.

Huh, this is very strange...

My Martial Arts skill is 685, and I have a QL 129 Torturing Tool equipped. Both your site and auno suggest that the proper Martial Arts skill for a second attack bar should be 542, and the ingame weapon card suggests a value of 838 instead. When I attack ingame, I only use a single attack bar--that of the Torturing Tool, meaning the ingame item card values are (oddly enough) correct, not either of the item database values.

**EDIT: Upon zoning, I gained a second attack bar, as expected. I assume this means that the website values were correct after all.
    Last edited by Fluffinator; May 4th, 2015 at 01:35:08.

Updated to 18.7.2

Everything except nano listings should now be with the new design. (New design will be tuned once nano listings are converted)

I have minor thing bugging me just now:
    When I tap the Verbose it loses tap if I change the QL.

Not that I need to check verbose data that often, but I wonder if this is intended or if there is anything to do at all.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.

Great work, as always. Thank you!

Thanks, JustinSane4.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    I have minor thing bugging me just now:
    When I tap the Verbose it loses tap if I change the QL.

Not that I need to check verbose data that often, but I wonder if this is intended or if there is anything to do at all.
    It's resetting because changing the QL causes a page reload. I'll keep it in mind to see if it's possible to do something about that when the current short-term todo list is completed.

PS: Which items do you generally use Verbose for? Is there any missing info for these items in the normal display?

...if it's possible to do something about that..
    Put the current state in a session variable (or cookie if you want it to persist when returning to the site)
    Last edited by Novagen; May 8th, 2015 at 12:44:15. Reason: spelling
    John 'Novagen' Wright
    Currently on leave from Omni-Pol
    Omni-Tek Representative
    Chair of the Omni Organisational Committee

The Leet - Chat client for Android
    People of Rubi-Ka Revamped

Grid mail: novagen@omni-pol.net

Thanks, JustinSane4.

It's resetting because changing the QL causes a page reload. I'll keep it in mind to see if it's possible to do something about that when the current short-term todo list is completed.

PS: Which items do you generally use Verbose for? Is there any missing info for these items in the normal display?
    Was just checking item value. I used to remember that cutted pearls had lower than uncutted so I wanted to make sure of it. Though Pearls do have different QL ranges so had to check these individually...

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast