Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who actually wants the rebalance to happen?

Who actually wants the rebalance to happen?

Just a bit of a survey really. First of all do you want the rebalance? And secondly do you only want a few things in it?

I personally am not interested in all the changes proposed at all and think that a tweak to mongo rage and lolpistol is welcome but that's about it. I guess it could be that the changes that are being prepared are so big that the game will be completely different.

Please don't change this to a 'its never going to happen, get used to it' thread
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

Crat init debuff nerf is definitely not welcome, especially after mob inits were 'fixed' and so much of the rest seems unnessecary for pvm at least.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

As long as they don't reshape the professions (As in, kill the entire "concept," for lack of a better word, of a profession that may kill the like or interest of a lot of people that made the profession.), remove a lot of the stupid roll chance that's in this game, make more possible setups for professions (2he and 2hb enforcer, not kill evade soldier), and switch up this game's PvP a little to make it interesting, I'll welcome it.

I don't really care what they do past that. I imagine the game could still be at least fun after that point. PvP in this game is only fun after every so often from both the fact that the last few professions I've tried have been dreadfully boring, and PvP in the last 3ish years hasn't really changed enough to be interesting for longer than a few weeks.
    Last edited by wonderland; Sep 12th, 2013 at 11:32:20.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Spead View Post
    Just a bit of a survey really. First of all do you want the rebalance? And secondly do you only want a few things in it?

I personally am not interested in all the changes proposed at all and think that a tweak to mongo rage and lolpistol is welcome but that's about it. I guess it could be that the changes that are being prepared are so big that the game will be completely different.

Please don't change this to a 'its never going to happen, get used to it' thread
    The problem is if they tweak troaler AS w/e, they will have to tweak profs evades etc! At the moment the only way to kill your fixers/advs/crats easy is using AS.

But yea, not really to worried with it all to be honest
    Ashford

I would love to have the rebalance, mainly for my keeper because it actually seems awesome for that profession. A lot of fun new toys to play with ^
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

I'd have a lot more faith in The Great Rebalance© if first they could figure out how to run simple things like AI Raids before moving onto more complicated things.

(yes, that still makes me chuckle/cringe in equal measure)

OT: I agree with Neista, those proposed Crat debuff changes are worrying, to say the least.

The sooner everything stops revolving around the PVP mindset from the Devs, the happier a few of us might be.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

If the rebalance will be based on the previous nanochanges posted by FC, those are no longer up to par in my eyes.

A rebalance would require alot of new work.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

I'd like to see the rebalance as well, while I don't agree on everything I feel that most of it makes sense. The things I would like to see added faster are shorter debuffs though, anything above 30s should be reduced to 30s in duration, and have their removal tools adjusted and/or removed.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    I'd like to see the rebalance as well, while I don't agree on everything I feel that most of it makes sense. The things I would like to see added faster are shorter debuffs though, anything above 30s should be reduced to 30s in duration, and have their removal tools adjusted and/or removed.
    The 30s duration is makes sense in pvp but at the same time is very stupid in pvm.
    My conclusion is that some nanos/perks should have different effect in pvp and pvm, however I doubt if it is possible to implement
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    The 30s duration is makes sense in pvp but at the same time is very stupid in pvm.
    My conclusion is that some nanos/perks should have different effect in pvp and pvm, however I doubt if it is possible to implement
    These two posts basically covers my feelings on the subject.

I'm sure I will hate some changes, but I'm also sure I will welcome others, but overall I do believe it is way overdue with some radical changes to how things are.

Bottom line: I most definitely want the rebalance system changes to happen...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

I would like the rebalance, but just for the new MP pets really.
    Carpdiem 220 Martial Artist - Bellatrix 220 Fixer
    Furymaster 220 Meta Physicist - Manhandle 215 Enforcer

Proud General of Athen Paladins - Now retired

Come check us out at www.athenpaladins.org

Well, for those of you who don't want rebalance - you'll be casting a vote to strip things that have already been put into game that have had tweaks and simple reworks. I don't think its really caught on, but rebalance has already started. It's just happening at such a snail's pace that people really aren't noticing it. And for the record, most of what has been put into game is not what they originally proposed either. So... *Shrug*

I want rebalance to happen. I just don't think its happening fast enough. Once more, I hope some of what does come pisses off the right people. I'd rather meet and greet and play with new and existing people that want to be here, not listen to the bulk of folks go on about their special snowflake syndrome.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I don't want a rebalance as such, rather just tweak a few things as already mentioned. Traders need nerfing at low levels and other professions to catch up and be on a more even play field. Mongo rage. AS pistol. Duration nanos. OLD PVP TITLES. Certain profs need more than others.

Nothing to drastic, after all. The reason most of us still play this game is because the pvp is like no other. Don't become like the other mmo's

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap View Post
    OLD PVP TITLES.
    I'd re-sub tonight.

There's a lot of reasons to want the rebalance, and very few to not want it.

So far the only real arguments against the rebalance are those who contend that they will lose a valuable portion of their toolset.

But, the rebalance isn't about "nerfing prof X" and "boosting prof y" it's about making the game more playable via utilizing mechanics and systems that haven't got enough utility.

Being in contention of the rebalance for the reason that "my debuff is getting nerfed" is like saying "I'm content with old software, because I know how it works, and there's a nice shortcut on the ribbon that isn't in there with the new software" The reality is that the old software makes a lot of people crazy, and even if the new software isn't perfect, it'll attract new people because they want to see if it still drives them crazy. If it doesn't, it means potentially more subscribers and more action in game.

As far as economics go, it's a sure win. The game is only a vehicle for revenue. So, even if a few people oppose it, it's just another initiative designed to promote "new software" and, hopefully the new software will be pretty awesome.

I'm an MP, so yes, I'd love rebalance. I yearn to be more than a CM dispenser and implant assembler.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap View Post
    The reason most of us still play this game is because the pvp is like no other. Don't become like the other mmo's

You know, I was about to agree with you until I took a serious glance around at what tends to pass as 'PVP' among our playerbase. Then I realized that in no other game that I have played worth its salt would ever let its PVP community become overrun with as much cookie cutter crap as we have - and certainly never for this long a period of time.

That's not a good thing.
    Last edited by Towerblock; Sep 13th, 2013 at 01:16:34.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Towerblock View Post
    You know, I was about to agree with you until I took a serious glance around at what tends to pass as 'PVP' among our playerbase. Then I realized that in no other game that I have played worth its salt would ever let its PVP community become overrun with as much cookie cutter crap as we have - and certainly never for this long a period of time.

That's not a good thing.
    I mean, this game's PvP is in a relatively bad state balance wise compared to most other MMOs, but can still be fun.

I think tower wars are pretty dumb and close to unsavable (Relatively speaking, I mean if they were the ONLY thing I had to do in this game I guess I could, but not for long), the only reason most people do them is because of benefits. But, overall, I don't really care about them. I won't mind if they ignore them for a while.
    Last edited by wonderland; Sep 13th, 2013 at 02:08:46.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Implement the AS change, remove Trololol pistol from the game. I will make a custom made diploma for worst weapon implemented ever.

Take away the AS and there will be more diverse setups following that change.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Balance is totally necessary and is fundamental in the growth of the game.

There are too many professions that are god like and OP.

There are too many mechanics that are OP.

There is too much of WXYZ are necessary and everything else is garbage.

AO has never had any sort of balancing effort and that is a huge problem for an MMO that continues to release content without looking at how it will affect character power in terms of pvp and pvm.

The people that dont want balance are those that love how their characters perform, how powerful their tool set is and how it performs superbly. With balance the shift of power will change, professions will be nerfed, professions will change, and some professions will get beefed up, professions will have a new/more defined role. That scares and upsets people and also appeases some.

If you play any other next gen MMO it is vastly more complicated in terms of pvp and pvm content in relation to AO. It is isn't just tank and spank, it isn't just if you can alpha someone you win. AO uses old mechanics and design because its how it was in the beginning and no one knew better. As the years have gone by you can selectively borrow from a huge pool of concepts but then again, not everything is good.

However, I dont see balancing (and by balance I mean when it is fully completed) to be done for a very long time. I think it was always a bit of a stretch for Means to have said "balance will be one giant patch". With the AO team being so small now, I think if balance were to come it would come in patches and those patches would be released over a long period of time.

There are a lot of problems with the game and FC simply isn't giving this game enough attention to really make this product shine when it probably is the second highest grossing of the 3 MMOs it does have.

TLDR; Balance is necessary, it will happen when it happens but expect to wait a long time.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast