Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who actually wants the rebalance to happen?

If I could insert a wish, a personal wish ;D

I'd love it if I didn't have to buff 7 professions on my agent in BS, half the time some tard has quad capped by the time you reach profession 5.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Ah yes. Rebalance. As much as I'm not into total rehauls, anything that will get the MP out of its downright pitiful state is always a plus for me.
    ᖧ-Flynicist-ᖨ
    Grenade

Rushing where angels fear to tread.

In PvM, balance is only relative to the variety of boss mechanics and challenge available...

The double-edged sword is that if you want Other Support Profs to be as essential as crats (for example) in a lot of encounters, you can either:

A: Give everyone else (eg Trader, MPs) the same thing Crats have.
    B: Take away what Crats have so that everyone will struggle equally!
    C: Change a lot of encounters fundamentally so that there are more ways / tools of approaching them, and give more different Profs these tools.

Let me tell you now:

A: Definitely not because homogeneity is the last thing you want in a MMO: just look at every single other recent release MMO lately - pure garbage.

B: This is currently the only feasible option (and init fixes were kind of doing that) given the limited resources in this game.

C: Ideal but yea not gonna happen!

And this is coming from someone who pentalogs and never leaves the Crat behind for any encounter! Not that I mind because AO is a good game for alts and a lot of people would use their crat to achieve things for their alts!
    Proud Member of Coven of Hunters, Rimor.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    ...and that is a huge problem for an MMO that continues to release content...
    Nice joke. Wheres that new content? AO has turned from a content driven to a system driven MMO long ago. Only that they never announced it officially.

Overall youre right, though.

I'd really love to see some small tweaks for these things:
    1. MR in general
    2. trader defences
    3. agent inits
    4. MP pets
    5. AS pistol
    6. Towers opening periods and tower damage in general
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    There's a lot of reasons to want the rebalance, and very few to not want it.

Well I'd have to say the main reason people don't want the rebalance is that they just don't trust FC to get it right. And given FCs track record it's hard to blame them...

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    Well I'd have to say the main reason people don't want the rebalance is that they just don't trust FC to get it right. And given FCs track record it's hard to blame them...
    True, still blows my mind that ever since SL shade spirits and armor added to MM when no shade nano ever required the skill.

I vote move to tsw and let funcom focus on making pvp there better.

i'd love rebalance. Got 10 220's and half of them are unplayable due to poor balance... to name them.. trader, engi, advy, fixer, nanotech. All never get invites to any raid. And in whatever gameplay they unusually suck. Crat is fine in pvm, doc is great for raids, enfo is only good for tanking with raidbots, soldier is awkward.

I can see all those professions greatly improved by rebalance. By improved i mean more fun, not more powerful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post
    i'd love rebalance. Got 10 220's and half of them are unplayable due to poor balance... to name them.. trader, engi, advy, fixer, nanotech. All never get invites to any raid. And in whatever gameplay they unusually suck. Crat is fine in pvm, doc is great for raids, enfo is only good for tanking with raidbots, soldier is awkward.

I can see all those professions greatly improved by rebalance. By improved i mean more fun, not more powerful.
    Most of those profs dont actually suck for PVM.. Trader i can agree on, the rest has alot to offer.

I don't care about rebalance. I have pretty much every profession and I just play it for what it is. I couldn't be bothered to read most of the rebalance documents because i was turned off by poorly designed spreadsheets with neon pink crap all over.. this coming from someone that deals with spreadsheets daily. It was too much. I did read the professional summary posts and some of the changes sounded cool.

The only implemented rebalances that I can recall affected traders...my main profession and were a clear nerf while Funcom left some rather OP toolsets on other professions... I didn't really get why they rushed to change traders while not touching that OP aimed shot pistol or hitting NT's with a nerfbat, but whatever. And, from what I'm hearing, they're going to take a stab at 'fixing' MP's with 18.7 though it sounds to me like some of the fixes will be a nerf until the game itself changes (referring to the NSD adjustments).

The rebalance effort (or lack thereof) gets about a -5/10 from me. I wish they'd stop being half arsed about it and just roll stuff out or not at all. Making changes here and there when we won't see the benefit of said changes for years is silly.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Sep 14th, 2013 at 15:12:15.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

The importance and type of rebalance needed for AO would be very much dependent on the kind of game the devs would turn AO into. Since nobody has any clue about who wants to do what and when to AO there really isn't any use in rebalancing AO. All AO needs now is an incremental increase of more "one room" instances with ever more overpowered items for even less people to sell loot rights from. Nobody wins the game until they have at least 5 froob accounts with bank toons (of wich at least 7 must be org presidents of "one man" orgs.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    True, still blows my mind that ever since SL shade spirits and armor added to MM when no shade nano ever required the skill.
    yeah ... remember turn spirit bag 'fix'? So stupid.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

I want a rebalance of the current professions, not a redefinition which seems to be what is proposed.

Another question is, j00 believe in the rebalance?

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    If I could insert a wish, a personal wish ;D

I'd love it if I didn't have to buff 7 professions on my agent in BS, half the time some tard has quad capped by the time you reach profession 5.
    Would be cool to make pre-casted formulas. Click one time and several uploads. Ideally tp had no cooldown.
    Last edited by leetlover; Sep 20th, 2013 at 22:55:10.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Noone in their right mind would want the so called rebalance to happen any time soon. Look at FC's track record with small ish balancing attempts. OS, AS pistol.. If they can't get single items right, how can anyone expect them to get it right while changign almost everything at the same time?

The obvious answer is that they can't. Nobody can predict the outcome of changing thousands of variables simultaneously. The whole approach is the problem. We all also know how long it traditionally takes to fix even minor issues. How is it going to be if there are hundreds of issues?

Even attempting such a thing with such a small staff is suicidal. Just let it go and do finetuning instead. The game isn't that bad as it is. Just needs some adjustments to some items and classes and it's fine. Then you can put energy into the engine and new content instead. And fixing old content ofc.

@ armus

just as conjecture: if all the changes were done at once, nobody would have any idea whether or not they were balanced.

Actually, it would take probably a solid year or so of experimenting before anyone was even remotely confident that something was OP or UP compared to something else, let alone professions.

That's part of what makes the rebalance so appealing: throw everything in a blender and press frappe.

I've been suggesting they do this with one mechanic. FC could throw the entire game into a blender with ONE mechanic: Parry. Adding Parry mechanic to game would literally throw the entire, the ENTIRE balance of the game into a serious case of "WTF". Not one person day after patch could tell you who is OP anymore. In one mechanic, keepers might go from 2nd or 3rd worst to best. Ranged advies might go from way OP'd to middle of the pack. melee advies might go from middle of the pack to WTF OP'd.

MA's might go from being alpha-stars to the strongest defensive build in game. enforcers might all of a sudden go from being hard to kill to being unkillable. My point is, throw balance up in the air, see what happens, see who starts complaining. But it buys time to get the other stuff worked out.

At this point, any change would be interesting, even if it broke some stuff (not like some stuff isn't broken already).
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    At this point, any change would be interesting, even if it broke some stuff (not like some stuff isn't broken already).
    I love moments like this.

I'm actually crying in real life.

I reckon you'll edit it though and make me hate you again.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I've been suggesting they do this with one mechanic. FC could throw the entire game into a blender with ONE mechanic: Parry. Adding Parry mechanic to game would literally throw the entire, the ENTIRE balance of the game into a serious case of "WTF". Not one person day after patch could tell you who is OP anymore. In one mechanic, keepers might go from 2nd or 3rd worst to best. Ranged advies might go from way OP'd to middle of the pack. melee advies might go from middle of the pack to WTF OP'd.

MA's might go from being alpha-stars to the strongest defensive build in game. enforcers might all of a sudden go from being hard to kill to being unkillable. My point is, throw balance up in the air, see what happens, see who starts complaining. But it buys time to get the other stuff worked out.
    On the other hand, you don't need to be a visionary to predict what that change would do to some of the weaker TL7 ranged professions. I'd say: TL7 Agents, TL7 MPs (though they could go melee), TL7 Traders.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast