Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Meeping

Meeping

Give real consequence to using this please.

Either a lockout or long debuff (10mins+)

Give real consequence to using Ams please.

Either make soldiers not use it, or give them a -10000 aao debuff after useage. (5days+)

I really fail to see a reason of this.
    If this change aimed to prevent griefing - then it won't change much, only a temp solution until peeps adapt and find another way to grief.
    If this is to prevent fixers from meeping away off 1vs1 fights - then i can't see a reason at all, fixer meeped, you won, bingo!

Can you please write your real reason about why you want meep to be removed or locked, and i'll write down alternative way of doing things that we do with meep now.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Arty if fixer meeps he can get to another site in less than 1 minute. What other methods can u think of that is this powerful

Poko, you don't know about the -2k nanoskills a soldier gets when he AMS?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuniko View Post
    Arty if fixer meeps he can get to another site in less than 1 minute. What other methods can u think of that is this powerful

-2k, but not all Nanoskills. And a soldier has not that many nanos to cast in fight. Probably only one. And guess which nano skill it uses?
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Fixers hp and np are set to 0. is that not an effect ? I could think of many other draw backs to add to this. However I like the idea of meeping, I find it cool and unique, just like grid armour, gives it a matrixy feel to it. I wish they would extend the GA line somewhat, make it more viable at endgame. Possibly different versions of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    -2k, but not all Nanoskills. And a soldier has not that many nanos to cast in fight. Probably only one. And guess which nano skill it uses?
    wait a minut r u tryina ruse me again?
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Alright. So meep is all about preventing fixers from jumping from site to site quickly?
    I know at least 2 groups of people, one omni and one clan, that has several engineers on froob/payed accounts for warp purposes.
    3 froob engis with TBW will do the same, plus will add blockers. Problem solved.
    You say its hard to achieve? Noway, to have 3 froob engis with TBW is even easier than 1 220ish fixer that can grief.

Any other problems you're trying to fix with removing meep?
    G.F.B.D.
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

The problem with meep is the fact that along with never being perkable they are virtualy unkillable by use of this nano, only to come back 5 seconds after and /moon you and do it again.

If you think that is OK, then you must own a fixer.

Not everyone will box 6 agents just to kill one.

And also, many other nanos have cooldowns, why not this one ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Alright, make a cooldown to this one that is similar to other profs cooldowns. In this case - you really think it will change anything? There are TONS of fixers over there lately, peeps will just use 2 or 3 fixers per grief team and we'll get into the same "problem" once again.

Believe me, you won't achieve anything by removing fixer's meep except the fact that fixers will just lose instameep ability, thats all.

And btw, if your reason to remove meep is a "otherwise we just cant kill fixers" - then take a closer look to toolsets of other professions and change then aswell (like coon should have the same recharge as you want for instameep and so on), then it will at least sound fair.

Otherwise, all those reasons can be summarised to this ones:
    1. I can't kill fixer, do something!
    2. I hate grief! I just want to own towers and do not be disturbed by any attacks except largescale ones

And yes, i have a fixer that is my main since 2005, over 600 days on /played, and it's a first time i see people crying SO much about instameep ability and asking to remove it.

Something changed in mid-2013 that i've missed?
    G.F.B.D.

using 2-3 fixers means you either have to pay for those accounts or have those 2-3 people online to grief with you. This isn't always the case.

Engis cant warp instantly, TBW takes over a minute to cast and if the griefers get wiped they have to wait for rez.

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    Yes i will taunt my enemies to death.

You didn't got my point bout engis.
    I take engis, put em to different locations, and tell them to chain-warp our team with X-minutes interval, so my team will have time to engage sites, strike them, destroy a tower or two and get a warp to other site. /repeat

In that case griefers will still get what they want - destroyed towers and attention w/o being killed. And defenders will also get what they used to in a point of griefers - wasted time, emotions and demotivation.

So meep elimination got nothing to do with griefing problem at all, griefers will just use different mechanics.

And lets not continue this convo regarding griefing, because there is always a way to grief w/o being killed, no matter if it includes meeping or not. You know me, I was always up for any idea that leads to increased PvP activity all around, so my post is not aimed on PvP elimination in general, if you suspect so.
    G.F.B.D.

Its not only griefing, its also city pvp and any open world pvp.

Coon already has a cooldown, either perk locks for xxx seconds, or skillock capped recharge.
    Guess what, a fixer is likely to meep and come back to your location before your coon is up again.

I mean, doesnt it strike you a bit lame to have PvP without the risk of going to reclaim ?
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    You didn't got my point bout engis.
    I take engis, put em to different locations, and tell them to chain-warp our team with X-minutes interval, so my team will have time to engage sites, strike them, destroy a tower or two and get a warp to other site. /repeat

In that case griefers will still get what they want - destroyed towers and attention w/o being killed. And defenders will also get what they used to in a point of griefers - wasted time, emotions and demotivation.

So meep elimination got nothing to do with griefing problem at all, griefers will just use different mechanics.

And lets not continue this convo regarding griefing, because there is always a way to grief w/o being killed, no matter if it includes meeping or not. You know me, I was always up for any idea that leads to increased PvP activity all around, so my post is not aimed on PvP elimination in general, if you suspect so.
    what happens if someone catches you while warp is casting?

what happens if someone catches you while warp is casting?
    You press the w key on your keyboard

You press the w key on your keyboard
    things called crowd control exist in this game

how did you ever become a professional?

things called crowd control exist in this game

how did you ever become a professional?
    things like CC removers also exist.

do you even play this game?

What kind of idiot puts their warp taxi in gas?
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

He meant while warp is casting, what happenses to poor griefer
    I'm Batman.

things like CC removers also exist.

do you even play this game?
    cc removers have cooldowns much longer than ccs themselves, do you even play this game?

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast