Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Meeping

So we've confirmed that multi-logging aura totems makes PvP easier.

On topic:
    Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    You didn't got
    Imagine if I, on my 220 Solper, could instagib people with the Ofab Pimpstick Mk 6, which has 4 capping specials on 10s cycle. You scream for a cooldown on the Pimpstick. My arguments are as follows:

1) It's only a temporary solution until people find other ways of instagibbing you.
    2) You just don't want PvP, that's all. You want to feel like a boss with a flag and have nobody kill you.
    3) So many people have friends with Solpers that they'll run around with 2-3 per team and the situation will be the same.
    4) If you make friends with an Engi and carry him around with you, Solpers won't be able to instagib you.
    5) You want to increase the recharge on the Pimpstick? Give the Pimpstick the same recharge as defensive tools such as iCH.
    6) Even if you remove the Ofab Pimpstick, I could still quad-log 220 Agents and do the same thing with a multi-box. I know at least two groups of people, both Omni and Clan who share account info and have four Agents between them.

The rest of our discussion will be about whether 4x AS can be countered by healing, cooning, or pre-emptively AOE rooting, with a few people going off about how NR8 Agents can't be rooted.

Goats will mention that smart use of DtN drops your damage cap.
    McKnuckle will compose a ballad about the time he killed quad-logged Agents.

Srompu attacks and jabs at that
    tower which holds my bonuses
    the contracts hold
    the CT stands
    but he calls his friends for support

In the dead of night 2 agents creep
    but only one AS per fight
    he dodges
    she swerves
    and they proc the purple waves

Three agents fight and one more comes
    to end Mcknuckles rule
    he curses the sky
    and logs his crew
    and shouts they will rue the day!

The multi toon army commanded by one
    arrives not a moment too soon
    the commands are simple
    target and spam
    and the agents gradually retreat

The day was won not by might or tact
    but by having accounts to spare
    the QQ of srompu
    echos endless on forums
    and agents will forever be weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    I wonder how many PVPers quit playing AO because the majority of it consisted of not PVPing because your entire enemy team/raid simply disappears when you arrive.
    Not many, but I'm sure many quit because some cookie cutter setups just get you 99 out of 100 times, while you never get them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    The Ballad of how Srompu Failed the Grief
    Nerf, 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by Metafizis View Post
    Not many, but I'm sure many quit because some cookie cutter setups just get you 99 out of 100 times, while you never get them.
    Three of which would make PVP so much better if their survival was simply nerfed.

regarding the original topic,

speaking as a fixer main (with kind of a NT main as well, fixer is 220cap, NT isn't) a hostile meep-block nano on meep doesn't sound that absurd. In fact, it could or should hit the whole meeped team, along with reducing them to 1 health and 1 nano as well. Short duration feels ... balanced. Less than 5 minutes. Maybe that time length would have no effect, duno. Just what came to mind.

I don't know all the nuances of pvp, but I see the messages every weekend. I could see how chain-meeping fixers (dangerous ones with aimed shot and AR) could be pretty rough.

I'm assuming here that these high end fixers can't be stunned and alpha'd

but they can be ensded, init debuffed and as'ed to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    but they can be ensded, init debuffed and as'ed to death.
    When I bothered chasing the griefers, it was always at least 2 fixers in team.. sometimes more!
    And they always had engy+crat in their team. You can get lucky and land NSD or drop one of the fixers but usually other fixers just meep the team. griefers could even hide an agent there just to meep everyone (cannot be pre-targeted).

Quote Originally Posted by Paavalniem1 View Post
    griefers could even hide an agent there just to meep everyone (cannot be pre-targeted).
    Awesome idea Paav, time for me to start griefing I think!

I do not agree with griefing, nor do I agree with a lock out time on meep... Even if there was a 5 or 10minute lock out time, I dont see how it would help prevent meeping at tower griefing at all... 5minutes is no time when you are playing a game, by the time you get back at the site 5 minutes will be nearly up, and if there is more then 1 fixer like people say there is?.. well you get my point
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

Quote Originally Posted by Morlund View Post
    regarding the original topic,

speaking as a fixer main (with kind of a NT main as well, fixer is 220cap, NT isn't) a hostile meep-block nano on meep doesn't sound that absurd. In fact, it could or should hit the whole meeped team, along with reducing them to 1 health and 1 nano as well. Short duration feels ... balanced. Less than 5 minutes. Maybe that time length would have no effect, duno. Just what came to mind.

I don't know all the nuances of pvp, but I see the messages every weekend. I could see how chain-meeping fixers (dangerous ones with aimed shot and AR) could be pretty rough.

I'm assuming here that these high end fixers can't be stunned and alpha'd
    I kind of take it back a little. After thinking about this, a ~5min hostile anti-meep nano would be too much of a sweeping change to an established mechanic. and, in truth, I don't now enough about pvp mechanics to understand how much that would impact the game. I was more just speaking from personal experience. saying that something like that wouldn't impact me much, though, at times, it would be annoying.

If anything was needed I suppose it could be more carefully limited to the need. Like it only happens if meep occurs during flag. And perhaps it's 1 minute the first time, and it increases by 1 minute each successive pvp-meep. or something like that. again, I'm not familiar enough with the pvp world to understand that impact. just tossing ideas. One thing is for sure though, if a change would be needed it should be extremely tailored to meet the need. No sloppy change to a 10 year old mechanic.

as many years as I've been going to wars I still don't see a problem with this, it's frustrating, but only because you didn't get the kill, you DID win the fight tho. it's what fixers do, and what they've always done, and it's not that bad lol.

BUT..since your main argument is about how fast a fixer can get to another site, i think that a reasonable penalty lockout on solo meep should be half of rez time, 3 minutes. and for team meep should be full rez time, 6 minutes.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Paavalniem1 View Post
    When I bothered chasing the griefers, it was always at least 2 fixers in team.. sometimes more!
    And they always had engy+crat in their team. You can get lucky and land NSD or drop one of the fixers but usually other fixers just meep the team. griefers could even hide an agent there just to meep everyone (cannot be pre-targeted).
    confirmed: teams bring 2 fixers and a sneaked fp fixer agent to meep from paav.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    as many years as I've been going to wars I still don't see a problem with this, it's frustrating, but only because you didn't get the kill, you DID win the fight tho. it's what fixers do, and what they've always done, and it's not that bad lol..
    this.

Fixer meep is fine in the same way enforcer rage is fine, advy coon+DoF is fine, doctor healing is fine, soldier AMS is fine, and engineer blockers are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    as many years as I've been going to wars I still don't see a problem with this
    One might argue that the problem only arises because of the very limited number of individuals that actually participates in such wars these days. In a mass v mass situation the problem doesn't really show as well as they do these days so the argument that you haven't seen it as a problem in many years isn't quite valid as the population situation is vastly different.

I think we can all agree that the current metagame with a vast overload of fixers running around isn't exactly super entertaining..

Fixer meep and Enfo rage are not fine, as they are restricted near soley for escaping these days; crowd control is a moot point for anyone who isn't trying to gank someone and for escape mechanisms to only be on two classes is wrong.
    I'm Batman.

maybe crats CC capability needs to be buffed up a bit.

how about crats get a nice anti-meep effect on void inertia.

So as soon as a fixer is rooted by crat who's actually casting roots, they have a anti meep on them as well. obviously this isn't way out of balance, because the root has a decent chance of break on it, so as long as the fixer can survive the root until break, he still has a decent chance of escape.

the easiest solution would be to rework the nemesis nanos, focus on what's needed instead of what's based on legacy issues. fixer nemesis nano could just have a simple meep block mechanism for the duration of the effect, requiring timing and at least some skill to get it right.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    Fixer meep and Enfo rage are not fine, as they are restricted near soley for escaping these days; crowd control is a moot point for anyone who isn't trying to gank someone and for escape mechanisms to only be on two classes is wrong.
    can you enlighten me what meeping was used for other than escaping in the old days?

LEAVE FIXER MEEP ALONE!
    Is fine as it is.
    In this game every profession master a skill, or atleast FC say so.Fixer master the grid so if u dont like it then dont play the game.Nobody complains about advy with his shields, evades, cocoon, heals and high resist to root and snare.Some time ago when there were more players in the game nobody cares about fixer meep because there were enough for tower pvp, now when the server population is soo low the disadvantaged side have to come with new tactics for battle.Not the fixer meep is the problem, the real problem with meeping at towers is low populations in game.
    You all should care how to get more players on server and then the meeping problem will be gone.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast