Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Graphics glitches

When something is not working it can be many things which causes the issue. Bad programing can kill your hardware yes, but it is including many thing else like incompatible hardwares which again transmitt wrong voltage, cheap chips that burns out faster than expected, transportation , liquid and or manufacturing damage due to most hardwares comes from asia.

So saying bad programing alone damage gfx cards is not enlightened.
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Your absolutely right. There are many factors, bad PSU is another factor and also the most important hardware in your computer.

My point was that the way an application is put together can drastically impacts the weakness in a hardware. And all hardware have weakness.

Bad programming alone can damage your graphic card i am afraid. Overload/Heating is not healthy for any graphics card, no matter how good the transportation or fabrication of the card was made. Heat = burn = damage.
    Last edited by ByLogic; Jan 10th, 2015 at 17:39:08.

The heat issue, or also known as thermodynamics issue is common, not only related to Information Technology, but in Biology aswell.
    The whole process is known as "Entropy" on scientific term.

However in IT, most bluechip factories in ASIA (Taiwan, China, etc) are aware of the issue but only some mainstream factories can afford to order big volumes of Transistors specially made in Japan, for mass production of gfx, mb and other silicon based peripheral cards. While poor or newly established factories who only afford cheap components want to test if their karma brings good or bad news true story bro
    Last edited by UNIDENTIFIED; Jan 10th, 2015 at 21:00:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Keepus View Post
    Maybe this helps someone:
    I've had exactly the same glitches (no ground textures, red grids) when using Windows 8.1 and Intel HD 4000. Unfortunately my laptop does not have an other graphic card and all older drivers i tried also showed the same result. Also the workarounds mentioned in this thread did not help.

The latest version of the Intel HD driver (released yesterday, 08.01.15 - Version 10.18.10.4061) fixed all issues for me and the game is playable without any problems now!

Good luck!
    Anyways...I wasn't able to update the drivers to the version you've mentioned. Error after error.

you have probably downloaded the wrong driver, since intel have baked north bridge, vga into their prossessor nowdays you must make sure both the cpu modelnumber is correct and the vga model aswell

Quote Originally Posted by UNIDENTIFIED View Post
    you have probably downloaded the wrong driver, since intel have baked north bridge, vga into their prossessor nowdays you must make sure both the cpu modelnumber is correct and the vga model aswell
    i've downloaded the correct one because setup checks if it's compatible. however, installing the drivers generates an error: there was a problem installing bla bla bla. Same goes for updating driver from device manager and manually/have disk install the driver. Maybe because i'm on windows 8.1 64bit out of the box and manufacturer doesn't allow it or something.
    I wonder if the people who solved these glitches/intel hd 4600 combo are on out of the box windows or self install windows.

Intel is actually opposite of intelligent, you must therefor manually check if the driver you have downloaded matched your cpu model CI5 or CI7 and generation 3,4 or 5.
    Last edited by UNIDENTIFIED; Jan 13th, 2015 at 21:49:07.

Hey Guys,

still have the same Problem with an AMD Graphic Card.

My Cards: AMD Radeon(TM) HD8970M and Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

I try to manage every post here... but nothing really works. I select High Performance for AO, so it should use my AMD Card. Picked Primary Driver 3D TL & Hal in the AO Selection and it wont works.

Is there any way to fix the Card on AO more than select High Performance?

Sorry for the bad english...

Greetz

Lizzza
    Remember on DNW!
    Neutral for ever

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzza View Post
    Hey Guys,

I try to manage every post here... but nothing really works. I select High Performance for AO, so it should use my AMD Card. Picked Primary Driver 3D TL & Hal in the AO Selection and it wont works.

Greetz

Lizzza
    I solved it eventual by installing windows 7 (64 bit, coming from win8.1 64 bit). That choice was easy for me because I wanted to replace my harddrive anyways. In Windows 7 I still had to "force" anarchyonline.exe to use high performance but this time it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradeher View Post
    I solved it eventual by installing windows 7 (64 bit, coming from win8.1 64 bit). That choice was easy for me because I wanted to replace my harddrive anyways. In Windows 7 I still had to "force" anarchyonline.exe to use high performance but this time it worked.
    Are you using the same driver version as before? It's not the OS alone since the same glitches also happens on Windows 7 (have two laptops here with that issue). I can only solve it by downgrading the drivers to a much older version which the laptops' owners don't want to do "just for one old game".
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

for both i just used the drivers from my laptop vendor website. I didn't had to search and install for old drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradeher View Post
    for both i just used the drivers from my laptop vendor website. I didn't had to search and install for old drivers.
    Quite likely the provided versions for 7 and 8/8.1 are different, then. As that's been the dominant factor so far in this thread.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Hey,

still using windows 7.
    Installing a older Driver i tryed last time, i want to fix this glitches... But no Driver work...
    Iám only able to play AO, on a virtuell machine like VMware or something else... and that sucks...
    Remember on DNW!
    Neutral for ever

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzza View Post
    Hey Guys,

Greetz

Lizzza
    I have the same GPUs on my laptop running Windows 7, and I have the same issues as well
    Scene :: Meta-Physicist :: 220/30/70
    Scenetoo :: Trader :: 204/28/52
    Scentinal :: Enforcer :: 165/22/33
    Scenato :: Keeper :: 136/16/25

AO Universe - by players, for players :: former general of Omni-Pol

if you guys want help to resolve this issue then im affraid you need to be more spesific. what is your spesification like which graaphic cards are you using intel or amd? both amd and intel graphic cards at the same time? is that possible? cpu? operative system? driver versions? motherboard chipset?

Hey,

ok a bit more Specific:

Cards:

AMD Radeon(TM) HD8970M Driver Version: 12.103.0.0
    and
    Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 Driver Version: 10.18.10.3958

Operating System: Windows 7, 64 BIT
    CPU: 8x Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2,40 GHz
    Motherboard: Clevo P17SM // Chipset: Intel Haswell 06 // Southbridge Intel HM87 C2
    Bios: American Megatrends Inc. Verson 4.6.5

I think, i use all the time both Cards. Its not possible to deactive one by Tool Manager. I only can decide (Thats what AMD says), that i use the AMD Card, if i set the Game to highperformance, if i set it on energysave - Mode the Game should use the Intel Card.

Anarchy Online Settings Are:

Primary Driver 3D TL Hal with AO on Highperformance
    But i try every other combination with energysave Mode and Intel Card and so on....

I can decide in the AO Settings between primary Driver and Intel Card, so the primary must be the AMD.

I hope its able to understand my english.

Greetz

Lizzza
    Remember on DNW!
    Neutral for ever

I'll add to this that the issue Lizzza is describing happens mostly on graphics that have Switchable Graphics setups, especially AMD's implementation of it (there seem to be better workarounds for NVIDIA Optimus).

From what I can gather, regardless of any settings (both from the Catalyst UI and more "crafty" manual editing), AO rejects the existence of the AMD chip and runs weird on the integrated Intel chip (because the Intel drivers don't go well with DX7).
    If you use older drivers it works just fine but it's a pain to get them and get them working.. and it will cripple things for more modern titles.
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Mar 18th, 2015 at 16:57:20.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

same prob for me .... laptop with intel hd graphics and geforce 860m ..... running as admin/with nvidia geforce 860m didnt work .... reinstall AO didnt work .... disabling intelHD = super low fps .... old drivers didnt work ....

but in every other game like csgo/css/h1z1/diablo3/hearthstone etc. it just works fine ..... so the prob is ao =/

edit: would resub if I get this **** fixxed :P

still got no solution??? im having exactly the same problem..Intel HD 4600 and GeForce 800m...and tried already like everything..last thing that i can try is go from win 8.1 to win7...have u tried that???

Quote Originally Posted by Manickso View Post
    same prob for me .... laptop with intel hd graphics and geforce 860m ..... running as admin/with nvidia geforce 860m didnt work .... reinstall AO didnt work .... disabling intelHD = super low fps .... old drivers didnt work ....

but in every other game like csgo/css/h1z1/diablo3/hearthstone etc. it just works fine ..... so the prob is ao =/

edit: would resub if I get this **** fixxed :P

Have you set your gfx-card as primary for AO in the nvidia settings? I had the settings as "auto choose nvidia", but AO went with the intel card. When I forced nvidia on AO, I got rid of all issues.
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast