Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 1st November 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    I suspect that most of the regular posters to the forum have at least one 220.
    I don't know how, but you entirely dodged everything I said. The point was to say:

What do you do other than repetitive endgame content once you hit that point? Level more toons so you have more variety. Once you hit endgame, you no longer want to experience the levelling content, but before you ever hit endgame, levelling is all you have.

Levelling is filler content. Veterans that are sick of levelling would like to see it gutted to make it more convenient. These mechanics keep new players interested through novelty, though. Through making a sterile levelling experience we leave the players we're trying to attract with nothing more than a grind. With no prior investment to keep them going, they're likely to lose interest and quit.

I just want the new engine so i can finally play AO everywhere i go on my laptop. Since AO doesnt support switchable graphics and it runs very bad on integrated HD4000...

We haven't heard anything about eliminating map navigation skill, plus the need to buy all the maps in awhile.

Will map navigation go away with 18.7? Or, at least give us all the maps and map upgrades ...

Liwa

Quote Originally Posted by Liwa View Post
    We haven't heard anything about eliminating map navigation skill, plus the need to buy all the maps in awhile.

Will map navigation go away with 18.7? Or, at least give us all the maps and map upgrades ...

Liwa
    Not likely, besides no real reason clans should have map of omni ent or for omnis to have map of old athens.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Except it was stated as a thing to happen.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Reacon View Post
    I don't know how, but you entirely dodged everything I said. The point was to say:

What do you do other than repetitive endgame content once you hit that point? Level more toons so you have more variety. Once you hit endgame, you no longer want to experience the levelling content, but before you ever hit endgame, levelling is all you have.

Levelling is filler content. Veterans that are sick of levelling would like to see it gutted to make it more convenient. These mechanics keep new players interested through novelty, though. Through making a sterile levelling experience we leave the players we're trying to attract with nothing more than a grind. With no prior investment to keep them going, they're likely to lose interest and quit.
    This... Can't be stressed enough!
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Not likely, besides no real reason clans should have map of omni ent or for omnis to have map of old athens.
    Except that Omni built Old Athens, so they would quite literally have the map :P
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Krause View Post
    Except that Omni built Old Athens, so they would quite literally have the map :P
    And if the clans made the map of Athens you would get lost if you followed it
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Did anyone else notice the fake update?

What was fake about that update?

I like the new statistics page.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

I see.

I guess you could call it fake because it doesn't mention exploit fixing. 8^)
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

http://www.anarchy-online.com/anarch...stmas_tree.png
    I just don't like when I think that some of my money were spent into the design of this dress and all holidays in general
    I hope im not too much unpleasant by expressing my feelings about something that has taken ao staff for so many years.
    can someone state this resource once and for all?
    In the subway goes the keepers

Quote Originally Posted by algoreith View Post
    can someone state this resource once and for all?
    What does this mean?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

it mean when the mine is empty we usually end up digging

Dem croakers and all their bonez.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

it mean when the mine is empty we usually end up digging
    I think this saying may be lost in translation O.o
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I think this saying may be lost in translation O.o
    What does this mean?

What does this mean?
    That I still have no idea what you're trying to say
    The Red Brotherhood

If I had to guess, I believe he is trying to ask what resources are being used to create the new dress instead of working on (insert whatever you think the AO team should be working on).

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910