Thread: Additional Character Slots now Available!

Additional Character Slots now Available!

Quote from Item Shop announcements:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am happy to announce that additional character slots are now available from the in-game item shop (not the account pages), and will appear in the "Hot Items" category.

You will be able to buy up to 8 additional slots per account, and these slots are in addition to any bonus slots you may have received during the server merge. The additional slots are currently priced at 1200 Funcom points per slot.

For subscribers who received the bonus slots during the merge, the total maximum of slots is 20 per account. For normal subscribers the maximum is 18 slots, and for free players the maximum is 16 slots.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any impact on our monthly or yearly game subscription price if we purchase additional character slots? This is a one time only charge? I assume it is a one-time charge since froob accounts may purchase them also, but it would be nice to have a confirmation.

Thanks,

Liwa

1200 FC points = €10 (~13.5 US Dollars) per slot.
    'Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.'

Fhinn, TL7 Neutral Gunslinger // Countinn, TL5 Neutral Trader
    Sleekitt TL5 Clan Fixer

Shattered Dreams, of ye olde RK2 Recruitment thread

Yes, I know the cost per character slot, that was not my question.

My question was ... Will the additional characters increase my subscription price?

Liwa

Make those a tradeable yesdrop item please.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Make those a tradeable yesdrop item please.
    No, because this will provide a perminent enhancement which should not be linked too a ingame currency at all and certainly not linked too a currecy that is inflated as much as creds are atm.

Gametime, which is bound to a certain amount of time that enables you to play, which should be renewed from time to time would/ should be a: Yes
    A perminent enhancment of any kind that doesn't require upkeep should be a: No
    To Equip User Faction == Neutral

Aimzor i think that there is a very important thing missing in your post - explanation why

FC shop offers both temporary and permanent items. Like token packs for example; they dont disappear, do they?

Yesdrop character slots wouldnt have anything to do with in game currency as they would still cost 10 bucks per one. For FC it doesnt really matter who pays and id personally pay for those with in game currency that i have in some absurd amounts than IRL money that have some other uses than lying on credit mules. It would be win/win/win situation for all 3 sides: FC because they earn money, me because i actually save them and the guy who wants to get in game money for their IRL counterpart because he would be given the ability to make a legal and secure transaction.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

True but somewhere it doesn't feel right. Personaly I keep thnking that, and perhaps there is the thin line, every enhancement to an account should not be tradeble. A character and everything character related I think is a consumable of the account. Can be deleted and rebuild. Every new character will however benifit from every booster and homestate pack, that I create in the future. A thin line perheps and not even a good one however not every thing should be able to be bought with creds. That you have a huge amount is nice and I uncerdtand that you want to put it to use. So i agree tokens and ip reset and breed changes should be tradeable, the home stead, and leet pack, just like the other account upgrade should not. And if I've missed a account upgrade that can be traded for ingame creds FC should scratch there heads... Darn this phone is not made for tnis time of forums. So I do not agree but if they made it tradable send me a tell to buy a few
    Last edited by Aimzor; Nov 26th, 2013 at 21:09:19. Reason: oh this text is bad, i'll correct later
    To Equip User Faction == Neutral