Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DPM for all professions and builds

DPM for all professions and builds

As a community, let's try to get some DPM figures for all professions and builds. Not just pure DD builds, any build.

I have begun to do so myself. The link will explain more details, like rules, etc. I chose Inferno Heckler (Chaotic or Heckler of Harmony) and Frothing Sabretooth as the targets. They are common, uncamped, pretty high-HP mobs that can withstand almost every profession's alpha. The fights will still be quick though, so hopefully more people can find the time to do it. One is in the Shadowlands, one is in RK.

Link:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Hc&output=html

Feel free to contribute even if your build has been done before, or if you're not 220/end game.

I am open to adding more mobs/encounters/scenarios if there is some community consensus. I can add a less well-defined, less reliably reproduced scenario; an Inf mission, or a Pande raid, perhaps.

I hesitate to extrapolate from one scenario to another, so the more the better.

Feel free to get competitive about it! My results so far are mostly one-and-done, so I'm sure people with the same builds and different builds can do better.

If you get a score that seems really high, you can add a screenshot for more proof, as people might want to see that.

I'll add your score to the board if you provide me with everything I need to do so. I'll save equip configs on a separate Auno account, so hopefully we don't have any dead links later on.

Thanks!

In an attempt to have this gain some more interest, if you really want to see a certain result, please add a bounty. My bounties are only granted if you give me everything I need to add the result to the board.

Bounties:

Inferno Heckler:
    550K+ Any profession, QL 250 Supple Bot, provide a screenshot. NTs, show your NCU window in list mode. It's not hard with NBS, it's also not hard to make it seem like you didn't use NBS... don't please!
    250K+ Doctor, QL 239 Supple Bot
    450K+ Shade, QL 229 Supple Bot
    300K+ Fixer, QL 202 Supple Bot
    100 mill, some kind of decent DPM MP
    50 mill, MA Trader with decent gear
    50 mill, any 220 Agent with decent gear
    50 mill, 220 MA Shade with decent gear
    50 mill, any level 200 twink

Frothing Sabretooth:

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm hoping we can get some results for DD engis/crats/MAs and non-DD versions. If anyone knows a better place to put the data, or how to allow the spreadsheet to be sortable by profession, please share.
    Last edited by walterodim; Nov 27th, 2013 at 20:35:58. Reason: update bounties
    Plus1, President of Sinead O'Connor

Try out my implant laddering tool: ao-ladderer.

Quote Originally Posted by walterodim View Post
    100 mill, some kind of decent DPM MP
    Define decent

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Has pistols, works for me! Thanks.

There's going to be a big difference in DPM between a profession who has burst damage at specific intervals in a short fight and over a long fight, which is going to skew what some professions would do as far as raids are concerned. Hence, damage per minute should not be considered as the damage in a single given minute.

An example would be a keeper who is in a fight which ends just after he uses all his perks a second time, it will have significantly higher DPM than a keeper who is in a 5 minute long fight. Same would apply to shades, melee adventurers, enforcers, and likely agents as well.

There is also a possibility of someone pulling two or three of the same named mobs close by and inching their DPM up with occasional AOE hits, but this can be easily verified with multiple hits of the same ability in the logs.

You could search the forums for some existing DPM numbers from testing as well.

Gates, I completely agree. There are lots of problems if we try to extrapolate from this data. First of all, if the fight isn't even lasting a minute it's probably not a good indicator of damage per minute. I chose the fights because they're readily available, not too hard, and the longest ones I could think of that met those two requirements. Maybe Spinetooths are better than Hecklers.

I hope someone has some good ideas for longer fights, but the ones I can think of require lots of extra things, like an OST, heals, and the mob being available. That, and lots more time from the people submitting data.

At the end of the day, this is telling me how quickly different professions and builds can kill an Inferno Heckler and a Frothing Sabretooth. If I can infer anything from those numbers depends upon the situation I'm considering.
    Last edited by walterodim; Nov 25th, 2013 at 04:13:00. Reason: typo

Are outside buffs possible? How about outside tank and predraining on other mobs (for example shade using TR chain before attacking its main target)?

I hope someone has some good ideas for longer fights
    Smugg's tower.
    Last edited by Ciex; Nov 25th, 2013 at 12:12:41.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

336k inf heck on FA-engineer. Have to see how I can optimise my setup bit more...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Are outside buffs possible? How about outside tank and predraining on other mobs (for example shade using TR chain before attacking its main target)?

Smugg's tower.
    I'll look into Smug's tower.

OSTs aren't solo, and would allow at least Shades to get considerably more DPM. If you use one and submit a run, it gets marked with that magenta color.

I don't think doing things like pre-draining should be allowed either, including:

pre-proc-ing, which I know at least Fixers, Enforcers, and Crats can benefit from.
    pre-DoTing by Doctors.
    pre-AC-draining/draining by Traders.

You should start the fight from a well-defined point, so no preparation like this beforehand.

Also, it's possible for crats to get around 500K DPM on the Inferno Heckler, and to anyone else thinking about this strategy, I don't think it's allowed, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    336k inf heck on FA-engineer. Have to see how I can optimise my setup bit more...
    Thanks! If you want the result or later results on the board, I'll need an Auno equip. If you don't have one, here is a potential starting point that can limit the amount of work you need to do:

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=189992

Thanks! If you want the result or later results on the board, I'll need an Auno equip. If you don't have one, here is a potential starting point that can limit the amount of work you need to do:

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=189992
    http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=193348

This is essentially setup used, pad was SSC one and HC was Infused.

I know that I could likely get a few more k out with better utils, those are bit dated.

Also no towers or contracts used.
    Last edited by Ekarona; Nov 25th, 2013 at 17:33:13.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=193348

This is essentially setup used, pad was SSC one and HC was Infused.

I know that I could likely get a few more k out with better utils, those are bit dated.

Also no towers or contracts used.
    Thanks a lot.

I've looked into Smug's Control Tower, and at first it was promising, but...

As far as I can tell NTs can't DoT it, and it has very high crit resistance. I didn't crit it once on my Fixer/Doctor over a few minutes. So it's not a good representation for any crit-oriented builds and all NTs, as SI->DM is out.

Actually, the high AC punching bag came back on test today or yesterday (mantis queen one). I'll add a tab for that for really long runs. Chaotic Heckler fight measures how quickly you can do 230K damage, this one I'll just go for 10 minutes or something.

I usually use one of the lvl215 inf dragon bosses when I want to test dd. Pretty solid hp, and mid lvl acs gives a useful approximation of a toons dd potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    I usually use one of the lvl215 inf dragon bosses when I want to test dd. Pretty solid hp, and mid lvl acs gives a useful approximation of a toons dd potential.
    Agreed those are pretty good, I've done some testing on them. High AC bug reduces perks to min, but dragons you still get some nice perk damage. Only problem is they aren't soloable by everyone. But they are pretty nice...

And that would be a solid 3 Shadowlands encounters, Heckler, Test Bug, and 215 Dyna, quick fight/super long fight/more typical fight.

Is there a DPS meter in game or a add-on 3rd party program to run such?
    "INVICTUS"

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

Damage Dumpers
    There are no nice overlay style DPS meters, if that's what you were hoping for.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

yep, that's what I was hoping for. Thanks for info.
    "INVICTUS"

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

Does tinydump stil work? I'd use zDD if I didn't have to install java.
    Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
    And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
    Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsNotMyName View Post
    Does tinydump stil work? I'd use zDD if I didn't have to install java.
    You can always make it a private Java installation. There is no need to make it generally available (read: set environment variables).

For stability reasons it is actually a Best Practice for a Java dependant program to bring its own JRE.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Last edited by dritst; Dec 15th, 2013 at 22:24:09.
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast