Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – 29th of November, 2013

It's really only about a year's worth of development.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    probably.. it would however be nice to see something officially released, small video of gameplay.. I hope they have the new head textures sorted, and new tree skins..
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Qualinas
    You're kinda slow, aren't you, Mr. Nov09?

Well, its not everyday when I google for funcom or access funcom.com.
    Oh noes j00 want me to bring my "Join date: 2004" main to pwn yo? lols @ forum pvp

Personally the visuals were not a major problem. It was the learning curve. I hope I can be one of the beta testers for the new newbie areas. I would even resub one of my 3 accounts to test it out.
    Once people learn what to do and there are other people around, everything will fall into place. They will have to remove or nerf a lot of the daily missions and the buying lvls.
    We live in a beautiful world

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    AKA even Mr Apologist realizes that Funcom did flat-out nothing for 5 years as far as the engine is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    AKA even Mr Apologist realizes that Funcom did flat-out nothing for 5 years as far as the engine is concerned.
    Maybe abit exaggerated, and don't forget that they had to leave the Ogre engine. If you start
    working with constructors that some one else made with poor documentation, time can run real fast when searching what methods doing what, not to mention memory pointing. I have to defend the dev here abit, i admire the effort they put in to this. However i dont agree with this statements: Old code takes time. C++ as a object oriented language haven't changed much in logic, shaders and hardware have. You can teach a old dog new tricks without problems.

I still wonder why they found to much bones on models after a very long time, bone count is usually the first thing you look at when rigging models to a engine.
    Last edited by Ironmax; Dec 13th, 2013 at 12:20:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    No, I just know the real story whether what was done in the time before a year or so ago counts as nothing at all is debatable. But I'd probably lean on the side of nothing at all.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Exclamation Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post

Would Funcom have done the work they have on the new engine if there hadn't been so many people over the years crying out for it???

Possibly.

Would all the requests have had an impact... probably but either way they didn't have to do all the work ... they could of just scrapped it with a view to concentrating on their new titles and for that i can only be grateful. If enough people moan about enough things, it can only lead to the conclusion continuing is pointless.
    How about the fact that Anarchy Online is the only game that makes them a profit? If you're grateful then you are also naive. They have made really bad decisions as a company over and over again, and with the only product that really was successful, they have neglected for far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolarik View Post
    How about the fact that Anarchy Online is the only game that makes them a profit? If you're grateful then you are also naive. They have made really bad decisions as a company over and over again, and with the only product that really was successful, they have neglected for far too long.
    Where in the world do you have that information from ? AO might make a profit but it's pretty minor in case.... If you're gonna state something that blatanly you should add in some sources..

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    As long as your account is not frozen or banned, then no.
    Is there any chance that, as part of this 'fresh start', AO will 'wipe the slate clean' for those who have been banned for many years to go along with the installation of the new engine? I was a mere child trying to break things when I first played and got banned. Now I'm in my 6th year of studying programming and computer science in college and can see the impacts of my actions.

Truth be told, all I want is to do is come home from work and school and just relax and PvP a bit, but I don't have my characters

Also, you were stating that you wanted to test this against many setups. I will say now that I am rocking the sleek, new and improved, TI-83. It does complex computation and helps tremendously with numerical analysis. Not much for gaming though ^^

didnt you make another toon in the time between "mere child" and "6th year of studying programming" ?
    sounds a like it's been a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Feedback is fine, and I don't really chase after it, and skepticism is understandable, and this has been ten pages of venting so its hardly being suppressed.

However, outright state the dev team is lying and engaged in a conspiracy is a bit beyond the pale, and that's not skepticism or feedback, that's simply slander. So lets stop that, ok?
    I think you can handpick those who've come up with conspiracy theories. They're not that many anyway. Not even in the hype of the snowball effect there were enough to make it a trend.

Otherwise, keep working on what you're working on and then come back to us in a couple days and say closed beta wasn't needed and that it's all ready to go! ;D
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

Also remember that the new engine Closed Beta has just begun:

Anyone who uses this offer to sign up for twelve months of Membership will receive immediate access to the Closed Beta.

Well done
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Well done
    lol, how immediate is invite, instantly after you subscribe for 12months? if not that's quiet misleading and should be reworded to be more specific.

I know I wont be subscribing 12months.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Qualinas
    You're kinda slow, aren't you, Mr. Nov09?

Well, its not everyday when I google for funcom or access funcom.com.
    Oh noes j00 want me to bring my "Join date: 2004" main to pwn yo? lols @ forum pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Legion84 View Post
    lol, how immediate is invite, instantly after you subscribe for 12months? if not that's quiet misleading and should be reworded to be more specific.
    I think the wording is pretty clear - as soon as you subscribe, you get an invite. I may have mixed up "immediate" and "instant", though. And no, I haven't tried that offer.

Well in all honesty, I think the members that have current 12 month subs should take priority over the newly subscribed.
    The way they chose to do this is just not right. They promised closed beta access to the current 12m subbers and they fell through..

I am not impressed. I currently have 6 months left on my 12m sub, and I am certainly not re-subbing and losing 2 months just to get access to the closed beta which was already promised to current 12m subbers...
    This is a blatant cash grab and a slap in the face to current subbers who were promised something, all wrapped up into one neat little xmas present. o.0
    Last edited by Kauh; Dec 15th, 2013 at 02:46:44.

Well, I have been subscribing in 3 month sections for years. No break between the subs. Just 3 months at a time. My veteran points are far less and I have less chance to get in on a beta although I have payed them more per month over several years.
    SmokeX 210/23 Neutral Opifex MA General of Spirit Walkers
    SmokeKillsU 81/3 Neutral Opifex Agent
    UraniumX 101/2 Neutral Nanomage NT
    BruteForceX 61 Neutral Opifex Fixer
    SmokingGunsX 43/2 Neutral Solitus Soldier
    SixOfNynex 42/2 Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    Jiroieyoshi 12/2 Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    EMHMarkX 32/2 Neutral Nanomage Doctor

Has there been any dates given on how long they expect beta to run? You guys could be waiting 10 years for the vapor. This whole thing is a PR disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    Has there been any dates given on how long they expect beta to run? You guys could be waiting 10 years for the vapor. This whole thing is a PR disaster.
    The last part is semi true... On the question, I don't think there's even an estimate. But given the development time, it should run smooth enough not for it to be too long. (?)
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

I dont know its hard to say. AO is really slow development and the engine patch also contains the NPE patch so they are being worked on simultaneously. I think they really want to make the NPE a really polished thing that really grasps the player and helps teach them and makes them stay. With the beta invites just now being sent out I would say a release for everything (NPE, engine and Steam release) is likely to happen in 6-12 months. Maybe internally they are shooting for an anniversary release so that there can be a lot of hype about all these things. But it is hard to say and no one has said anything, just a lot of guessing. SoonTM and when its done its done.

Given the reports from those who has access, it looks like at least 6+ months left. Ofcourse that's just a guess, but given the tortoise pace things are going at, it might not be too harsh a judgement.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast