Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – 29th of November, 2013

Ok very long WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOT!

now that's over with - I can't wait for my invite!!!!!

Well done funcom. - IT took some time but you made it.

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    I'm really sad to see that another areas with high nostalgic value (at least for the truly veteran players still around) will be gone forever with 18.7. Is there absolutely no way to somehow, eventually, revive / convert the Arrival Hall, the ICC Shuttleport and the Shadowlands Training Biodome into publicly available areas which can be visited by everyone regardless of level, for old times' sake?
    I'm a true veteran player, I didn't really care for noob island or the damn arrival hall. Except for maybe the pretty graphics that they had.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion84 View Post
    Mixed feelings.. About time the ball started rolling, a lot of bugs will be found quicker than internal testing, overall things can move along smoothly, allowing the Developers to sort things out their end free from testing.

Seriously though, priority is given to people who subbed longer??? so people like myself who've played 7-8 years on and off aren't appreciated, we don't matter? and people who've played longer, who come back for a sub 1-2 months at a time on one month recurring subs just get screwed over and not treated equally.. sounds just about right, Funcom should know they have a great dedicated player base... who have been VERY Loyal with Funcom regarding balance/engine update.

Or is this another spin on milking more money out of people.. 1month subs (over priced) item shop and stuff sold there, now if you sign up for 12month sub or 6month you get a "chance" to beta test, correct me if I'm mislead..seriously..
    To me it sounds more like appreciation for those people who, without knowing anything about this, subscribed for 6 and 12 months. I didn't, and I probably wouldn't have based on the information that you may or may not be selected. Who knows when the cutting date was? Is it for everyone on 12 months? Or just people who were on 12 months? Does it really matter? Is it important to you to playtest a beta that's probably really, really buggy and full of issues? Worth a lottery ticket of a 100 euros? I don't think so. Just wait till open beta and you'll be much happier.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Nov 29th, 2013 at 22:20:39.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

After reading some of the posts on reply to the thread, I gotta say I'm sure FC will come to their senses and rethink the whole "Pay us more and you'll be rewarded" thing.

I myself have been playing AO for quite a while now (dec 2001~), and even if the new engine would be a nice thing to have, I'd be more interested in the prof rebalance and fixing the game's economy.

The engine is just a secondary thing for me, and I'm sure for many too.
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

funcom dont care about players that have played many years they just care about cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I'm a true veteran player, I didn't really care for noob island or the damn arrival hall. Except for maybe the pretty graphics that they had.

To me it sounds more like appreciation for those people who, without knowing anything about this, subscribed for 6 and 12 months. I didn't, and I probably wouldn't have based on the information that you may or may not be selected. Who knows when the cutting date was? Is it for everyone on 12 months? Or just people who were on 12 months? Does it really matter? Is it important to you to playtest a beta that's probably really, really buggy and full of issues? Worth a lottery ticket of a 100 euros? I don't think so. Just wait till open beta and you'll be much happier.
    I agree with you, just disappointed in their way of thinking I don't feel like a valued customer, or equally treat on the same level as other paying customers, 1 month subscription or 12 months.. does it matter end of the day anyone who writes on the forum has paid money to funcom to play their game..

Anyways it's good that they have the beta released to a select few... just need to push it out to whoever else is chosen to test it, so it will speed the overall process it's a step in the right direction just badly done.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Qualinas
    You're kinda slow, aren't you, Mr. Nov09?

Well, its not everyday when I google for funcom or access funcom.com.
    Oh noes j00 want me to bring my "Join date: 2004" main to pwn yo? lols @ forum pvp

Quote Originally Posted by worried View Post
    Are people who get invited to the beta testing allowed to record and post on youtube for the rest of us to see?
    This is a comment that hasn't been commented upon. It's very important to know this from an official source, since most closed betas have an EULA themselves which forbids the testers to release any and all information about it.

So, Genele, will testers be able to take pictures freely and record vids? One can never assume anything

1 month subscription or 12 months.. does it matter end of the day anyone who writes on the forum has paid money to funcom to play their game..
    And even worse is that those who pay 1 months subscriptions over at least six months are paying more than those who pay for a whole year at once It's not rocket science. They (FC) just don't like thinking thing through
    Last edited by User1337; Nov 29th, 2013 at 22:42:47.
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

I agree with you, just disappointed in their way of thinking I don't feel like a valued customer, or equally treat on the same level as other paying customers, 1 month subscription or 12 months.. does it matter end of the day anyone who writes on the forum has paid money to funcom to play their game..

Anyways it's good that they have the beta released to a select few... just need to push it out to whoever else is chosen to test it, so it will speed the overall process it's a step in the right direction just badly done.
    Im going to assume it will happen like any other beta iv seen for MMO's. They will keep increasing the invites untill it becomes an open beta ect. So if your not in the first few groups, you will get in eventually.

I figure we'll see open beta sooner than later maybe you'll be lucky and see an invite? Who knows
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Tiralee View Post
    From "New content available in the Closed Beta":

Toni Akseli, on the Phasefront platform, gives out the Westerlund Loungemaster (hoverchair) to those who pre-ordered the Legacy of the Xan Booster Pack. It's account-wide, so I've always been able to get one on any new characters I've made on both of my accounts. Where would I go to get that, once Phasefront is gone?
    Very good question ... especially now that we can add additional character slots from the Item Store.

I assume someone in Funcom will move Toni Akseli to a new location or else make the Hoverchair an item you can claim for Free from the item store like the xp helmet, etc.

It would be nice to have an official response ...

Liwa

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by worried View Post
    Are people who get invited to the beta testing allowed to record and post on youtube for the rest of us to see?
    No. This phase of beta is under NDA.

Any chance you'll get a rework of the website before the engine launches? I personally think that is needed to atract new people if you advertise with a link to the site...
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Why is everybody so excited about this "beta" thing? I ccl about this imaginary beta. Why would I want to spend my play time filing bug reports, send petitions and typing stuck commands? To add a "In since Beta 2" on my forum sig? I can do that without the waste of time.

PS: Anyone claiming that people want in on test servers to find exploits they can use on the live servers is a damn horrible disgusting cheap retarded evil dishonest liar who pees in bed and sleeps with his shoes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    Why is everybody so excited about this "beta" thing?
    Some people just love (or loved) this game and can't wait to see it in its fancy new dress. Also, playing in a beta can be annoying as hell, but it can also be super fun. There's bound to be a lot of bugs that make strange screenshots or are just fun to play around with.
    Luuv lvl220/19/67 NM engie equip
    Spamheal lvl205/23 NM doc equip
    You might not believe it possible, but not all my toons are in my signature! *gasp*
    And yes, I always edit my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    Monthly Development Update – 29th of November, 2013

A small number of testers are already playing on the beta server, and as the testing continues we will get the ball rolling with more and more invites.

We are starting gradually with the Closed Beta invitations. As a token of our appreciation, those who have signed up for 12 month Membership plans will be given the highest priority and those with 6 months plans the second highest.
    What for a bull**** is this.. ppl that pay for more get a better chance over ppl that pay per month or per 3 months even if they have been playing since 2001 get serious. Give ppl that been playing this game for so long the chance to play the beta ffs.GET REAL Funcom.
    Memph 220 Engi
    Otocar 220 Soldier
    Healingpunk 220 Doc
    Steamrolled 207 Fixer
    Iconz 150 Doc

And about 30 more tl7 toons

Woot! Grats FC! Try and get more people involved before the holidays though... More people with spare time on their hands

@Masta: I love breaking things! That's why I want to get in the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    Jesus, stop bloody complaining? I find someone paying 12 months (and playing 12 months) more loyal than some guy who decides to pay one month every year or so, am I wrong?
    Sorry, but me paying 8 months out of 12 on a mothly basis means more money for FC than someone buying a 1 year subscription:

My 8 months mean +130 euros. 12 months subs mean 110 euros.

Since we pay more, can us people in the Euro zone have priority over people paying on $ )
    Last edited by Khlin; Nov 30th, 2013 at 06:31:44.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Have i missed it or have i still not seen anything about minimum requirements other than "Have a look at AoC requirements"?
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Wow. So much qq..

If you cant pay for 12 months, getting beta access is the least of your problems. Fix your life first.

Quote Originally Posted by pelikan View Post
    Wow. So much qq..

If you cant pay for 12 months, getting beta access is the least of your problems. Fix your life first.
    I would submit that even for those who live in what we could refer to as "the west" or Australia or Kora or Japan, forking out for a year in advance for a game is quite a bit of money. Especially if you have multiple accounts. Add to that the fact that you have no idea of knowing if the game will be around that long.

And then there is ofc the ppl who live in countries where the avg income is substantially lower. How are they supposed to "fix their lives first"?

wtb beta invite

Quote Originally Posted by pelikan View Post
    Wow. So much qq..

think about the egyptian players :S so many of them, and its like months salary to pay for a month of this game :S
    Ciassene

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast