Thread: Solution to Lowbies buffed with high hots...

Solution to Lowbies buffed with high hots...

Greater Preservation Matrix

Description:
    The fixer is continuously healed for 6% of their max health points every few seconds for the duration of the formula.

See this?

Description:
    The fixer is continuously healed for 6% of their max health points every few seconds for the duration of the formula.

Imagine how this would finaly fix lowbie pvp, give all hots fix percentage not total hp, and boom low hp lowbies don't get fixed 40-50% per tick.

Give hots some kind of cap say hp or maximum 10% hp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Fixer HoTs are not the only problem.. Also a % based buff would actually favour one of the strongest professions (enforcer).. % based heals I consider a bad idea because it heals the ones who should be healed the least (enforcers) the most as their trade off for the max hp they get is the fact they shouldn't get good heals.

Infact almost any high level buff severely screws with low level pvp and if the game were balanced with an array of profession types, allowing one to severely increase their survivability by getting max health/reflect, or get 140 nanoskills in the case of trader.

Fixing a single buff this way is just making the problem take more effort to solve.. I posted a suggestion a while back about removing OSB from tower sites altogether by clearing buffs when you enter the field and having the suppression gas time to buff up. While it may cause a few inconveniences to people who pass through fields it would breed an immense amount of life to low level pvp and the kicker: It would ENCOURAGE TEAM COMPOSITION! Bringing different professions to help buff your team up properly. There would be infinitely more dynamics to play with.

There are other problems at low levels which consist particularly since the SoM upgrade. Nelebs rod has been a huge creativity killer at lower levels. I also made a suggestion for this.. A simple swapping of the nano drains of the lower version and the higher version adding the choice of near infinite nano and low damage.. Or higher damage and a noticeable, but relatively small nano drain. Then also upping the requirements of the higher version to around 400 2hb to be closer to stygian.

Then there's the fact that the damage people can supply is vastly larger than the defenses people can get, due to the only changes since the start of the game basically being adding vastly more powerful weapons (rod/tiigs/perens) and nanos/armor have stayed roughly the same.. This is the reason people mainly roll trox because fights are over before they can spend their nano pools.. Even enfos would have reason to roll different professions if people could survive a fraction longer forcing them to rechallenger.

Then there are things like professions not having access to their tool-set, advies have barely any advantage over a doc and noticeable disadvantages untill 50-60 when they at least start to see some use with their fast heals from wolf/coon/limber. NTs don't have access to any form of absorb or Nullity sphere until about 50. Engis don't have blockers till 50. keepers don't get wrath till 50. Nano formula recompilers being limited to slot 6 only makes them difficult to equip for anything other than traders at lower levels. The funny thing is they actually go down to really low CL reqs.. They could quite easily switch the slot to slot 1 and fix this.

I also would like to suggest upping rages damage as it has no real drawback at any level.. Make it so you get the buff but actually take significant damage as a result (hell the added damage shield rage supplies is enough to offset the damage taken) the way you can prevent the damage is obviously recasting absorb fairly recently, however this will either slow them down or use up nano doing so, both of which aid other professions.

However that was years ago. I was surprised that this balance discussion forum was still up to be honest. There is the fact that the balance documentation pretty much hasn't been updated since then :/.
    /rant off
    Last edited by Originality; Dec 16th, 2013 at 01:37:15.

Level below x - healing, 5%
    Done.
    I'm Batman.

I always thought it would be amusing to expand PvP range to the highest level of buff running in the players NCU. Dr Hack 'n Quack is a QL152 Nano, running in a L25 player's NCU? L19 to L189 is your PvP range instead of L19-33. Splat goes the over buffed PvPer.

Scaling to level range would be better than scaling to HP. The tricky part is things like Essence of Behemoth, which is one of the most common buffs used for twinking on equipment.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Maybe, just make them buffs scale with level. So there is no advantage to high hp setups.

I once rolled a 21 neutrino flash evade trader, and noticed any weapon except neleb rod fails to reliably kill twinks with heals, hot rrfe, stims, behe.

Likewise I was unkillable and unhitable.

In selfed duals it worked epic, due to ranged advantage over melee(neleb) peeps.

High level buffs thus rob us of low level fun.

One way to fix this would be scaling by level. The moment you enter field buff drops down to level/buff level.

Most buffs would thus drop down to 1/6th of their power, imagine lowbie pvp with 60hp healing H&Q, 5%Rrfe and 200hp behe. +25 brutal thug, +25 Mochams.

That would open alternatives, evade setups, most importantly itd make self buffed teams viable.

Most 25 twinks can do +25 buffs, small hots etc.

Just imagine!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

High lvl hots on low lvl toons is only really a problem at lvl 1-20ish pvp imo. After that, ODing the healing from Hack n Quack, even through rrfe, isn't really that hard. In fact, HnQ pro-longs the fights and makes them more intressting. What REALLY ruins low lvl pvp, is the insanely overpowered trader drains.

So a better way to make low lvl pvp more intressting, would be to reduce the amount a trader can drain from their targets in pvp. The buff they get for themselves could still be the same, but the drain on the target should scale on lvl. Something like:

Divest & Plunder:
    Drain 1 pt in skills, and 0.5 in AAO per lvl of the target (each).
    So with both drains running you'd drain;

lvl 10, -20 in weapon & nano skills, and -10 aao
    lvl 50, -100 in weapon & nano skills, and -50 aao
    lvl 100, -200 in weapon & nano skills, and -100 aao
    lvl 150, -300 in weapon & nano skills, and -150 aao

Instead of what we got now, where a lvl 50 trader can drain -500 in weapon & nano skills, and -300 aao. The same as a lvl 150 trader. Which is way too much, at both lvl ranges.
    220/30 doc [E]
    220/30 crat [E]
    220/30 shade [E]
    158/21 trader [E]
    117/13 agent [E]
    56/6 trader [E]
    30/3 enforcer [E]