Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – 31st of December, 2013

Funcom employee Monthly Development Update – 31st of December, 2013

Hello everyone!

This will be a rather quick update, as this month has for the most part been vacation for the dev team. (Even the wicked need some rest once in a while )

So, in the beginning of December, we were extremely busy trying to get a patch to the beta servers before we went on vacation. We managed to succeed with this goal and got a lot of bugs fixed. We also shipped the Christmas content to the live servers.

After a couple of vacation weeks, we are back in the office and have started to go through all the feedback that has been provided from the players who are in the closed beta. There are still a lot of bugs for us to fix and we will start working towards a new bug fix patch for the beta server.

We have also started to investigate the possibility of adding some new content in the 18.6 branch so you have something new to do while wait for the 18.7 patch to reach the live dimension. I will get back to you with more information when I can make some actual promises.

Aside from that, there really isn't much to tell, unless you want to hear detailed information about my horses... (wait... I don't have any horses... )

Happy new year everyone!

First
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

3rd?

Third!

Have a good vacation and Happy New Year!
    Guapo - Advisor in Unity of The Rose

First page
    Carpdiem 220 Martial Artist - Bellatrix 220 Fixer
    Furymaster 220 Meta Physicist - Manhandle 215 Enforcer

Proud General of Athen Paladins - Now retired

Come check us out at www.athenpaladins.org

First page.. Reserved,..

No pics, No Video.. No update on textures models or heads, more content you say, for what?.. personally i think you should focus on one thing at a time guys and just push along with Beta.
    Last edited by Legion84; Dec 31st, 2013 at 19:13:58.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Qualinas
    You're kinda slow, aren't you, Mr. Nov09?

Well, its not everyday when I google for funcom or access funcom.com.
    Oh noes j00 want me to bring my "Join date: 2004" main to pwn yo? lols @ forum pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Legion84 View Post
    First page.. Reserved,..

No pics, No Video.. No update on textures models or heads, more content you say, for what?.. personally i think you should focus on one thing at a time guys and just push along with Beta.
    I see your beta and I raise you a profession rebalance, PvP fix (get rid of 40% cap) and an economy fix as well. Might as well go all in.
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ‘Se habla espaρol!

Quote Originally Posted by User1337 View Post
    I see your beta and I raise you a profession rebalance, PvP fix (get rid of 40% cap) and an economy fix as well. Might as well go all in.
    I agree also with that, AO has been Neglected for too long. 1 Thing at a time i guess.. a long wait for us players.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Qualinas
    You're kinda slow, aren't you, Mr. Nov09?

Well, its not everyday when I google for funcom or access funcom.com.
    Oh noes j00 want me to bring my "Join date: 2004" main to pwn yo? lols @ forum pvp

what u should do is to change ure desision about 3 party prog and multiboxing, it destroys the game .
    But u dont care about that .
    The engi will not help u get players back here .

Quote Originally Posted by enfsatangirl View Post
    The engi will not help u get players back here .
    But the engi will do your carb on froobz!

Anyways, havent actually expected a Dev update in December, so nothing gained, nothing lost.

Happy new year to all devs and may you learn how set timeframes work in RL

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

Funcom employee

*clap clap clap* Which horses...the real ones or digital ones?

Happy new year Genele, AO team, and AO community! I miss you every day!
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Oh. first page.

edit* Hi Means!

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    *clap clap clap* Which horses...the real ones or digital ones?

Happy new year Genele, AO team, and AO community! I miss you every day!
    Ahhh it's a ghost! Kill it!

;D

I miss the the old Friday with Means threads, I don't suppose I could bribe you to start doing them again?

Just start making stuff up, you could be like "Were adding Leets as a possible new weather effect and we have decided everything in the new engine should be orange." It will be totally awesome.
    Last edited by Krause; Jan 1st, 2014 at 00:02:27.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

Happy New Year! Liking what I see mostly. It's shiny but the amount of work to be done, yeouch!

Quote Originally Posted by Krause View Post
    Just start making stuff up, you could be like "Were adding Leets as a possible new weather effect and we have decided everything in the new engine should be orange." It will be totally awesome.
    "Today I ran a script on the servers. Everyone who was logged out at the time had their characters moved 6 inches in a random direction."

last
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Mandatory where and when rebalance is coming question? We need working profs. Give me a reason to play garbage agents,fixers,mps,keepers, etc.

Yes, is rebalance before/after/with engine release? Im getting mad with these OP traders :P

Happy new hangover
    Docow 220/30/70 Doc (surprise eh?) Equip

Ruining The Asylum's chat since 2010!

Happy New Year
    I'm Sure the new engine will get people back in the game - You must believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Trust in the force.... - sry wrong channel

It would be nice once the engine on live to maybe start thinking about a new expansion to the game - maybe another area - I have an idea for one. If you want to here about it i'm in Aospeak most evenings GMT time. - oh I forgot you guys don't go in there much

anyway HAPPY NEW YEAR again and lets hope its a good one

Datch
    To many Alts list.....
    Last edited by Datch; Jan 1st, 2014 at 11:25:29.

Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast