Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – 31st of December, 2013

YEIIIIIIIIHHHHHHHH NEW CONTENT HUHUUUUUU!!!!!!

No, seriously. How about fixing existing content?
    Putting some decent xp and loot in RK.
    Adding loot to daily missions.
    Adding missions to lower level SL missions with loot rewards.
    Fixing the transition zones between SL playfields.
    Adding shops with gear up to ql 200 and reducing prices in shops by 90%.
    Making twinking and PvP more popular by making all loot (including twinking items) available to those willing to play their toons not to farmers and cred buyers.
    Fixing most of SL and some RK quests to be doable by the toons that need the loot. And adding some decent loot to many of them.

And yeah, we will get a new set of endgame farms that will initially come out bugged allowing the same old same toons to become even more overpowered easily followed by a nerf that will force the other 3 guys still playing the game to farm a few more gazillions of pearls. GG.

Funcom do you understand your game is in a advanced state of decay from your apathy? You don't go adding floors to a building with a rotten foundation ready to fall over a cliff. You start from the ground up and fix things..

I kinda, sorta thought that the new engine was a foundation type thing...

But, maybe I am wrong.

I am happy. Just glad to be able to play a game thats 10+ years old.

They have been fixing bugs for years, there will always be bugs of one type or another. Always problems and suggestions on how to make it better then it is.

They added alot of new content already, they are updating the engine, they are working towards rebalance and textures and such.

All after a recent restructure that we were lucky to have survived.

If you want everything perfect, you can play WoW. It has everything perfect, no problems in that game. Thats why so many people play it. If thats not your cup of tea, then stick around here and try to see the glass as half full.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Quote Originally Posted by Datch View Post
    No - It puts a link to the beta client there under the normal one
    The page where you sign up for the beta specifically says they will email you. Thus I await an email. Though now I suppose I will be logging into my account page regularly as well just in case.
    Trypha - 220/30/70 Engineer - General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypothecary - 220/30/69 Doctor
    Trypocalypse - 220/30/70 Soldier
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Herkulease View Post

But, maybe I am wrong.

They have been fixing bugs for years, there will always be bugs of one type or another. Always problems and suggestions on how to make it better then it is.

They added alot of new content already, they are updating the engine, they are working towards rebalance and textures and such.

If you want everything perfect, you can play WoW. It has everything perfect, no problems in that game. Thats why so many people play it. If thats not your cup of tea, then stick around here and try to see the glass as half full.
    The problem isn't the small bugs they've fixed, it's the major gamebreaking stuff that only arises when population is on an all time low....

By now, the glass can't be considered half full.. It's at best filled up to about half with stale, outdated, spitriddled water.
    Last edited by Pennypacker; Jan 10th, 2014 at 16:59:31.

But, maybe I am wrong.

Not the issue. Graphics won't change how the game plays or functions aside from looking all nice and shiny and better performance. Basic things need fixed and have been ignored for years not not all bugs basic functions of gameplay.

Balance changes should happen all the time as needed as an example not some long awaited event like a solar eclipse would be to the mayans as it stands now. Will we ever get real balance changes? Perhaps during the next galactic alignment....

Every time they add some new content its a disaster and it not something we need again and again. Do we really need another instance using an 18 hour timer? Another which only 5-20% of players actually do and complete with success while the rest rely on those 5-20% just to do it so they can buy loot rights from them? We don't need more of that we need basic game systems fixed and upgraded.

But, maybe I am wrong.
    It is a foundation of sorts... I'd even say it's the ground you build your foundation on. But the guys saying fix what is broken before adding new stuff do kinda have a point.

I haven't seen the NPE, but I understood it's aimed for low level players. Up to 20 or so? What happens to new folks after that?

- NPE, i heard, teaches them to use implants. How is totally new player going to afford those after a while? Not to even mention nanos that go for what, 300-400k each at highest shop-buyable qualities. And they can't even buy them after ~ql125 (and lets face it - most new players can't blitz nanos/imps suitable for their level. I did as engi back in the day... most new people today wont be willing to go through that).

- Shops are a joke. Well, the weapon/armor RK ones, which matter for newbies the most. You can't buy anything usefull, and someone who can't figure out where to get stuff that is useful for their level is going to pull his hair out trying to kill stuff with yamamutchu x3 or whatever. Some profs barely have useful non-SL weapons!

- There are ways for newer players to make money... but many of the options require knowledge they don't have (say, selling basic armor parts) or won't work if too many people start to use them. Why not add for example consumables that veterans need/want, that are given, say, as a reward for low level daily quests. Like the new faction-grid-converters I heard about. That way you give new folks way to make money, and even without inflating the economy as no new money is generated.

Also many others things that seriously need fixing, that affect the new players the most. Gimpynoob listed some of them. Normally I'd agree to the general "but the guys fixing stuff aren't the same as those designing new things" but I think we all know by now that that doesn't apply to AO dev team anymore.

Now, to add credit where credit is due, they have fixed stuff "recently" too. RK dungeons now give decent xp i think, and there have been some other good alterations that I just can't remember right now (unfortunately also bad ones like the multiboxing debate, but thats a matter of opinion to some degree). But, if i could decide, I'd simply first concentrate on making sure newbies have a good and tolerable path to 220. Veterans could wait a little longer, though I'd undo the multibox decision and change the pvp ranges for NW to get rid of the 207 plague. After newbie progress is fixed would be the time to start adding new stuff... and preferably so that the loot would not be just more powerfull, but instead at least some could be "horizontal progression", that is, adding alternatives.

Thumbs up

But, maybe I am wrong.

Nice answer.

But, maybe I am wrong.

I have been playing AO for about 9 years now and during that time I've seen people come and go, some because they got bored, some for other reasons - But the thing that makes Anarchy what it is, Is not content it's the players. What makes the game for me is the people in it and over the years I have made many friends. A game is what you make it. As for content I'm still finding things out now after 9 years of playing so people who said they have done everything haven't looked hard enough.
    If you want un-ending content go to WoW the play base is not very sociable but at least you won't get board if it just content that does it for you.
    So just stop moaning and if you still play AO go look in places you haven't been before i'm sure you will find a quest or 2 and if you roll a toon from scratch - try to play it with out any help or credits moved from other toons going back to the start can be a lot of fun!!

So come on let's have fun - see you in game

Datch
    President of The Dark Order of Chaos

But, maybe I am wrong.

*pokes Herk*
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

I were checking some old setups from auno and during five (or seven) years top setups for TL 5 has gained 2 items. Upgraded tokenboard and iGoc. Tl4- just tokenboard.

Sad sad sad

Why add more stuff if it only goes to the "Must fix pre/post re-balance" pile anyways?

Sort out re-balance and please fix broken mechanics instead. I know you feel NW is broken Genele, but is it really that much to ask that you at least change the PvP range so that 207s will stay out of the picture?
    Just because it is overall a sad picture that NW portray, don't mean you need to start painting a new picture right now. Give us this little fix and see how it goes, if it works out great keep it in mind for a larger NW overhaul.

Dark
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by fakiiri View Post
    I were checking some old setups from auno and during five (or seven) years top setups for TL 5 has gained 2 items. Upgraded tokenboard and iGoc. Tl4- just tokenboard.

Sad sad sad
    Don't forget S7 Util3, NCUs and Ring. Plus Ado sided boss loot got a few additions.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Freor View Post
    *Stuff*
    In short; A decade of power creep and inflation left unattended.

FC don't care look at the lack of communication in this thread and on future issues.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    FC don't care look at the lack of communication in this thread and on future issues.
    Not directed at you personally, but I really wouldn't blame them if they didn't care. The amount of vitriol spewed by many of you is highly undeserved considering the resources the development team has to work with. And yet they plug away trying to make the best of the game as it is. I don't pretend to speak for the people working on this game but if I were them I'd feel highly under appreciated and discouraged at this point considering they try and try and are still considered liars who break promises and ignore us. Of course they've never made any promises but that's conveniently ignored. It's a wonder they haven't told you all to go pound salt.

Respectfully submitted.
    Last edited by Monchil; Jan 16th, 2014 at 03:11:57. Reason: grammar
    ----------------------------------
    The Dark Order Of Chaos

Monchil - MA
    Maxxon - Bureaucrat
    Gunnymonch – Soldier
    ----------------------------------

Speaking for myself I am well aware of what the devs have done to make this game better and my comments are more directed at FC as a company. I am aware FC corp considers us all suckers and cash cows paying to fiance all their other failed MMOs while we get jack squat in return.

Either way though I log into a character select screen full of toons that are useless garbage even though they are in full endgame gear because the fundamental physics of the game have been unchanged in over a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by fakiiri View Post

Sad sad sad
    1. gauntlet buff
    2. predator buff
    3. igoc
    4. ofab armour
    5. improvied token board
    6. LE research (has opened much greater setups)
    7. availability of AI levels are far easier to come by (not new, but has opened up higher calibre twinks earlier, with less effort)
    8. SE belts
    9. SE other stuff such as damage NCU's (nice!)
    10. Weapon availability:
    a. SOW on Tl4 enforcer (126 enf with 203 CM+SOW)
    b. Blade of Khiones will on Tl5 keeper
    c. QL 175?/200? MK5 hawk on Tl5 fixer
    d. SE weapons in general - freeing up loads of IP on enf/advy for starters
    e. Excalibur got fast attack (pretty huge boost for TL3/4/5 keepers

11. AMEP on 150 engi
    12. Dreadloch balanced Freedom arms on 150 crat
    13. Doctors left hand of grace on 150 doc, and recently right hand of hope
    14. Kyr'ozch nunchaks for TL3/4/5 MA's and docs and engis
    15. TL3/4/5 atroxes with Diamondine Kick pistol paired with w/e
    16. Miy's cloak
    17. All the small items added with that recent patch (the shield damage thingy, the agent cloaks, the whistlebox fire reflect -> AAD adjustment... etc.)

I know some of these items aren't "new" but they are "new" in the sense that it was not possible to use them prior to changes occurring in the last 5-7 years. Also, there are a lot more than just igoc and a upgraded token board.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    QL175 is hotswappable. QL200 requires a bit of effort still. QL225 is out-of-reach still.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    1. gauntlet buff
    2. predator buff
    3. igoc
    4. ofab armour
    5. improvied token board
    6. LE research (has opened much greater setups)
    7. availability of AI levels are far easier to come by (not new, but has opened up higher calibre twinks earlier, with less effort)
    8. SE belts
    9. SE other stuff such as damage NCU's (nice!)
    10. Weapon availability:
    d. SE weapons in general - freeing up loads of IP on enf/advy for starters
    e. Excalibur got fast attack (pretty huge boost for TL3/4/5 keepers

11. AMEP on 150 engi
    13. Doctors left hand of grace on 150 doc, and recently right hand of hope
    14. Kyr'ozch nunchaks for TL3/4/5 MA's and docs and engis
    15. TL3/4/5 atroxes with Diamondine Kick pistol paired with w/e
    16. Miy's cloak
    17. All the small items added with that recent patch (the shield damage thingy, the agent cloaks, the whistlebox fire reflect -> AAD adjustment... etc.)

I know some of these items aren't "new" but they are "new" in the sense that it was not possible to use them prior to changes occurring in the last 5-7 years. Also, there are a lot more than just igoc and a upgraded token board.
    Most of this has been done 5 years ago and more.

11. AMEP on 150 engi
    13. Doctors left hand of grace on 150 doc

LE has been released 2006
    S7 is what 3 or 4 years old now? So I would not call that stuff new either

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast