Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – 31st of December, 2013

The talk of rebalance in this thread is depressing. Those poorly formatted docs are years old now and NOTHING to show for it. Talk about dropping the ball. The stickied summary alone is from 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by SistemError View Post
    NEVER.
    Lose all hope.
    Leave this game if you dont like this or play it as it is if you like it too much but stop waiting those invites
    I think this is out of line. I for one am satisfied paying for my sub for the game as is, but FC promised a January invite if you signed up for their promotion. I view this promise as different from the longer list of others not delivered on, because there was always a kind of uncertainty about them. This one is more like an actual contract that is in danger of being violated.
    Trypha - 220/30/70 Engineer - General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypothecary - 220/30/69 Doctor
    Trypocalypse - 220/30/70 Soldier
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

No info is given no communication on anything anymore. The beta issue is just plain ignored thus far. We have no dates or timetables on anything. No mention of what the future plans for this game is..

give Content, then we say ₯€$
    Last edited by Brampfine; Jan 21st, 2014 at 19:34:52.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Quote Originally Posted by Datch View Post
    Happy New Year
    I'm Sure the new engine will get people back in the game - You must believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Trust in the force.... - sry wrong channel

It would be nice once the engine on live to maybe start thinking about a new expansion to the game - maybe another area - I have an idea for one. If you want to here about it i'm in Aospeak most evenings GMT time. - oh I forgot you guys don't go in there much

anyway HAPPY NEW YEAR again and lets hope its a good one

Datch
    To many Alts list.....
    I hope the same man!

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    No info is given no communication on anything anymore. The beta issue is just plain ignored thus far. We have no dates or timetables on anything. No mention of what the future plans for this game is..
    I emailed support, and I received the reply that beta access is guaranteed "later in January" for those who signed up for the promotion. No date, but those eligible should receive an email when the time comes. I don't know why this couldn't just be posted in the forums.

*Edit: I could speculate a bit - they said beta invites will come with each new patch, so I'm assuming that something is delaying the latest update to the beta. I'd hate to think that they planned to make good on this promise so late in the month. Either way, it won't do any good to complain until February 1st.
    Last edited by Trypha; Jan 21st, 2014 at 21:23:56.
    Trypha - 220/30/70 Engineer - General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypothecary - 220/30/69 Doctor
    Trypocalypse - 220/30/70 Soldier
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

They only think that i sould like to see, are maybe atleast some screenshot. Then i'm happy to wait. But even if CLOSED they could let us see something.
    For me if they made combat and animation more dynamic, i'm happy enough
    At same time i hope they not made the game too much easier. I guess that guys playing this are here cause they are bored for the easy style that you can find in other games(won't mention but we know what i'm talking about). In my opinion AO is the only one that gives us a good challenge to get up "best" gear and so on. Even if they should add more choices: like not only AI armor is endgame amor(yes isn't really like that but somehow), so they could increase bot drops from city raids like it was years ago (team needed but bot 100%).

And maybe turning too much stuff yesdrop would destroy that challenge.

Engine videos on youtube
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunktion View Post
    Engine videos on youtube
    Which are more than 1 year ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Trypha View Post
    I emailed support, and I received the reply that beta access is guaranteed "later in January" for those who signed up for the promotion. No date, but those eligible should receive an email when the time comes. I don't know why this couldn't just be posted in the forums.

*Edit: I could speculate a bit - they said beta invites will come with each new patch, so I'm assuming that something is delaying the latest update to the beta. I'd hate to think that they planned to make good on this promise so late in the month. Either way, it won't do any good to complain until February 1st.
    Well ... I would hope that long-term active paid yearly subscribers who signed up for the Beta months ago would also get invites in January ... not just people who renewed in December.

Liwa

Quote Originally Posted by djcenox View Post
    Which are more than 1 year ago...
    Nope, of the beta.
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Quote Originally Posted by reids View Post
    Nope, of the beta.
    Can't find them.

Seems they've been deleted, were definitely there a couple of weeks ago, including the new starter area.
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Quote Originally Posted by reids View Post
    Seems they've been deleted, were definitely there a couple of weeks ago, including the new starter area.
    Yeah NDA violation.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarsolace View Post
    This is largely NOT accurate. I could point out hundreds of things they have done to alter the game due to demand/outcry etc etc. They HAVE listened to players on many items. They may not have had the resources to do what the player base wanted. Since such a reply like 'we want to do this but funcom won't allocate funds' makes the company, employees, and the game look bad. I imagine the remaining staff would like to keep their employment.
    I am happy with new icons, hell I am. Also, I like changes to BS made to fix ranges. I am also happy that there were some revamps of Pande and quest review - but, in most occasions, workdthat was done is not gamechanging at all, yet it took little resources to redo (afaik new icons are Docaholic work, who is not FC employe). There were few changes to some perks and weapons, nothing big - just stat wise, so still its not a lot of work. Yet, there was lot effort to make to provide X-mas content/Haloween (and such ones).

I also like to note, that crucial changes were excapated to PVP in major, which means changes (as many suggested and voted for them) to tower system (no OSB, no Ninjaplacing, and so on), there was huge need to change lowbie PVP system (exacly - trader and enforcer) which from start ruined challange and experience for new players, and narrowed PVP only to 2 professions.

There was need, from years, to balance Crat profession and holy Trio, and to change MP to something usefull - on forums, there were few very good suggestions regarding all issues, yet 0 FC knows problem, and doesn't do a thing. I am aware, like everyone who has mutliple toons and many years of gaming, that most changes require other changes - and guess what, FC and those who don't seem to know this - If we, experienced players, made a suggestion, they are very well designed regarding all issues, so actually, they can be made harmless, only to provide balance. Wrangeline, Lupus, me, and few others dedicated many hours, or even days or months, to test things we were talking about - we bring solutions, well, not all always great or best, but close to something it could be worth work on, yet in years those things never get repired.

I started playing beta of AO, payed for this game for 11 years and as a player I found myself in situation, where frustration was beyond simple words "reroll, change profession, try other tactics", because I have been there, done that houndreds of times, and I dont want to play only way its playable now... (roll a crat - be happy, as a example).
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by djcenox View Post
    Yeah NDA violation.
    Too bad nobody downloaded the videos before the deletion. Who wouldn't love to see some fresh footage.
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

saw them... wasnt impressed at all ^_^
    meep

Quote Originally Posted by Keex View Post
    Too bad nobody downloaded the videos before the deletion. Who wouldn't love to see some fresh footage.
    Even if someone did download them, I don't think they'd talk about it on official AO board.
    Btw, before anyone asks, I didn't download them.

So where can we find exact information about this beta engine?
    It has been close to one month now and I am unable to find anything...
    Been here, done this...
    Time to move on...

Quote Originally Posted by Khrystanna View Post
    So where can we find exact information about this beta engine?
    It has been close to one month now and I am unable to find anything...
    Nothing 'exact' has been released by FC about the new engine. A few people have violated the NDA and posted stuff/hosted stuff they shouldnt have.

And a month since what ? THe BETA has been open a lot longer than a month

Mark

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast