Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – 31st of December, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    However, those that believe they should have received an invite and haven't always can poke customer service for some clarification.
    I did this and posted the results. I'm supposed to get an invite, was said it would happen later this month. Per the rules I won't come here and say when I do get an invite, but it seems perfectly legit to let everyone know that I haven't yet.
    Trypha - 220/30/70 Engineer - General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypothecary - 220/30/69 Doctor
    Trypocalypse - 220/30/70 Soldier
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Keex View Post
    btw people could tell that they have received a beta invite, they are are only under the nda once they accept it, right?
    You accepted the NDA when you applied for access to the closed beta.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    I'm not currently employed by Funcom.
    I just lurk the forums and are able to clarify things here and there.

However, those that believe they should have received an invite and haven't always can poke customer service for some clarification.
    "Anyone who has signed up for six months of Membership will receive guaranteed access to the Closed Beta in January."

Customer Service is irrelevant unless they offer consideration to those who will not receive Beta access before February 1st.

On February 1st, Funcom will be in unilateral breach of contract with those who have signed up in good faith for the 6-month offer.
    At that moment, the NDA as part of the contract, becomes null and void for those who are affected.

On February 1st, those affected can ask for and should receive a refund in full.
    If neither a refund is given nor reparations for the breach of contract are offered, filing charges for false advertisement or bait-and-switch type fraud would be the legal consequence.

However, Funcom is currently under investigation by the stock exchanges, so this entire issue might become moot long before it can be resolved.
    Last edited by Antimony; Jan 30th, 2014 at 10:40:13.

The silence is the best part. All FC had to do is provide some evidence the beta is up and running and the players awaiting their beta invites would get them and were not part of some ponzi scheme. Now we find out they are being investigated for the same shady crap.

A few photos is all it takes or a few questions answered but the silence is all too telling. I can't wait to hear the excuses in the monthly update that is if there is even going to be one. By now though fc employees are too busy shredding documents and setting folders on fire inside small office garbage cans.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    The silence is the best part. All FC had to do is provide some evidence the beta is up and running and the players awaiting their beta invites would get them and were not part of some ponzi scheme. Now we find out they are being investigated for the same shady crap.

A few photos is all it takes or a few questions answered but the silence is all too telling. I can't wait to hear the excuses in the monthly update that is if there is even going to be one. By now though fc employees are too busy shredding documents and setting folders on fire inside small office garbage cans.
    That would be the Oslo office you're thinking about, which is quite different from the one in the US where they're developing games.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

People seem to be missing the big picture at the moment, in that currently there is nobody working AT the Oslo office, and wont be for a week or so I imagine.

Mark

Pssst, the beta is real. Just read some of the comments floating around the older Dev updates
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Solcv2 View Post
    People seem to be missing the big picture at the moment, in that currently there is nobody working AT the Oslo office, and wont be for a week or so I imagine.

Mark
    Which matters to AO development how? AO devs are not in Oslo.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Today or tomorrow guys. If it isn't going to happen, one word would help, not even an explanation or a fallback date, just a "sorry we are thinking of a way to make it up to you" would suffice. Would take 5 minutes. If it is going to happen, well...not sure what to say then.
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

People were complaining the other day in IRC and Macrosun did say that mails were being sent out. I know many who got invites, which I guess I can say since I'm not under any NDA about what they say, or am I? NDA ;(
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    It might not directly effect the Devs, but it is still bound to have some sort of impact.

People were complaining the other day in IRC and Macrosun did say that mails were being sent out. I know many who got invites, which I guess I can say since I'm not under any NDA about what they say, or am I? NDA ;(
    Guess I'm being punished for complaining. Serves me right?
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

I believe depending on view it's all about how you got that information.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Funcom employee

I have been told that all invites for anyone who bought the winter celebration 6-month offer have been sent out. For everyone else, the priority order in this post still applies.

If you bought the winter offer in december and you HAVE NOT received your invite, I suggest you start by looking through your email spam filters and checking the account page for a download link. If you still can not find the invite, please contact customer support.

And for those who don't believe the engine exists, should take a look at YouTube
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Thanks for the update Macrosun. Sending customer service a email then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikanna View Post
    Thanks for the update Macrosun. Sending customer service a email then.
    You're better off harassing live chat. E-Mails sometimes "get lost"..

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Tikra View Post
    You're better off harassing live chat. E-Mails sometimes "get lost"..
    True, scientific data has proven that FC's Customer Service inbox is actually the supermassive black hole at the center of our galaxy.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

A one word answer will suffice here: money

Thank you Macrosun! Also sending an email now.
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast