Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best browser and wai

Best browser and wai

i r so noob ><

Stick to IE11 or is it better options?
    Last edited by leetlover; Feb 13th, 2014 at 05:26:29.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Anything is better then IE !!!
    Personally I use Mozilla Firefox and I am really happy with it.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

i find firefox really good
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

IE11 is generally pretty smooth and fast if you don't tend to have 10+ tabs opened. Then it gets resource hungry. It also doesn't support addons/extension in the same way Chrome or Firefox does. It has poorly designed UI (very short address bar and tabs next to it instead on top like FF or Chrome) and horrible font rendering.
    In terms of general performance, Chrome wins, however performance isn't everything. Chrome works best if you got Google account and use Google services. It offers fair amount of extensions but I didn't find some of them as good as their Firefox versions (like Adblock). It also tracks your every keystroke. So that could be problem if you are concerned about your privacy.
    FF might not be the fastest browser in the world but it has best addon support, best dev support, it is fully open source and multiplatform (Chrome is as well, unlike IE). I also like its UI more, one address bar is not for me.

Chrome is a rather powerful browser, and no it doesn't track "your every keystroke".

If you use multiple devices, like tablets and smartphones, and google accounts, Chrome becomes superior for its integration with google services and crossplatform tab synching.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Only problem I've found with Chrome is RAM usage. Why did I ever think 8GB was enough RAM

I use Mozilla Firefox myself and find it a lot better than Google Chrome in terms of stability. But neither browser is better than the other in all aspects, they both have their charms and their faults.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

chrome is the best

The chrome interface is not the best for old school browser fans and they are NSA supported. Mozilla is starting down the path to make firefox adware. http://arstechnica.com/business/2014...in-new-places/ Firefox has spyware already http://thehackerspost.com/2013/12/ho...-browsing.html You could try palemoon or iceweasel they are firefox knock offs and pale moon is optimized for pure speed and has had lots of bloat removed but you need to do the same anti spyware tweaks.

It all comes down to personal preferences. I use both, Chrome and Firefox regulary, but Chrome way more. For me it "feels" a tad faster than FF and i kinda like the the way it looks.

Just try em all, until you find the browser you like. And for IE... NOPE! More than 2 open tabs and its slow as f....

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

opera?
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Been using Maxthon for years now, and it only gets better with updates (happen fairly often).

Mostly Opera 11.64 otherwise Maxthon.

Maxthon is really what IE should of been.

Though if you want to ensure that your web experience is the best it can be, you should probably use Chrome or Firefox as those are the most-standard compliant browsers that also support the most modern features of the web.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Only problem I've found with Chrome is RAM usage. Why did I ever think 8GB was enough RAM
    Same issue, and I just generally have never liked chrome. I also don't like how each tab is treated as its own process, sure it makes crashes smoother in theory, but it also clogs the hell out of my processes. I don't tend to close tabs very often though.
    Storm
    Fixyourwhat 220/24/67 Clan Fixer
    Dewmd1 150/20/42 Clan Soldier [e]

Quote Originally Posted by fixyourwhat View Post
    Same issue, and I just generally have never liked chrome. I also don't like how each tab is treated as its own process, sure it makes crashes smoother in theory, but it also clogs the hell out of my processes. I don't tend to close tabs very often though.
    Is there some issue with having many processes? Chrome has its own task manager through shift-esc for seeing what might be using up a lot of memory. Even if there's like... I dunno, no reason to not just use memory to cache stuff for a smoother experience. But then, having 8-16gb RAM for every day use makes the whole "let's manage memory by the megabyte" a thing of the past :|
    The Red Brotherhood

Chrome is currently using 278 MB of RAM, with 1 tab open. I have 4 extensions, none of which should be active at all on this page, at least theoretically.

Using the shift+esc task manager, it does say that 70 MB is from extensions. 32 MB is from the AO forums page itself. Here's the 2 problems though: 107 MB for just the base browser, and 97 MB for "GPU Process". What even is that? Why is it needed?

According to Wolfram Alpha, since my maths abilities aren't very good anymore, Chrome is using 3.4% of my 8GB RAM for a single tab.

All modern browsers use the GPU to do various sorts of accelleration. Try loading a modern website on a PC you thought was pretty good maybe 5 years ago, but don't use GPU accelleration. The reason you can even view most of the web on a mobile phone is because of GPU accelleration.
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Is there some issue with having many processes? Chrome has its own task manager through shift-esc for seeing what might be using up a lot of memory. Even if there's like... I dunno, no reason to not just use memory to cache stuff for a smoother experience. But then, having 8-16gb RAM for every day use makes the whole "let's manage memory by the megabyte" a thing of the past :|
    I've got 60-100 tabs open in two separate Firefox windows, the odd time it crashes it brings everything back. Gives me no incentive to use Chrome, because the few times I have I don't much care for how a tab crashes and didn't seem to be a way to come back.

No mb memory management is pointless today. But I doubt if I open 100 tabs in chrome its going to be less memory than in firefox. Plus the fact that I'd have to add up every process to find out.

The only reason I have chrome installed is to proof internet stuff on several different browsers.
    Storm
    Fixyourwhat 220/24/67 Clan Fixer
    Dewmd1 150/20/42 Clan Soldier [e]

60-100 tabs?? What's wrong with bookmarks?
    *BAM*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast