Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anarchy Offline

I started in December 2013 once I'd finished (mostly) a Shadow Man project, another project based on a video game, perhaps I'm getting in a rut?
    So, five and a half months all told. I only work a couple of hours each day on it though, it's a hobby not a job.

Thanks for the kind words from everyone, soon I'll be able to post some in-game photos and you'll get a better idea of how it all works. But before this I need to build my Clan buildings, I'll be starting them tomorrow.

nice stuff and nice idea.

I also have AO: Wastelander project on the run as I wrote this stuff. Nothing to show thou, just tons of documents :/
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

I have to write everything down or I forget stuff. I have a 9000 word planning document for this project and a huge collection of screenshots from in game. Planning is a lot of the fun.

Here's my Cyborg Base. This is only half the playing area so the craters will be spread out more and there'll be containers and junk piles and probably a pipeline running through it too to help place it in a wider context. I have some wire fencing that wouldn't go amiss either.

The leets are the best I really got a good laugh out of them. Your work is very talented.

Any custom rule or what gaming system is used?

Yall should post the rules or gaming system mechanics.

I designed a set of rules specifically for this. They'll be available after the public unveiling later in the year.

This is awesome! as a miniature painter myself i'm tempted to convert and paint a few minis for my alts now...

If you're looking for more minis then i'd say these guys http://www.infinitythegame.com/infin...ures/prowlers/ http://www.infinitythegame.com/infin...es/prowlers-2/ would paint really well as Soldiers in Sharpshooters..
    Last edited by Neista; May 18th, 2014 at 09:28:10.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

This is really well done, nice work.

Very excellent art, reminds me of playing battletech.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

mind = B.L.O.W.N

If only docs could mix 1he and pistols hehehehe.
    These would work pretty well as docs in Omni-Med heehehehe. imo
    Or, more relevant Omni-Med + MBC
    Last edited by Freqflyerdnt; May 26th, 2014 at 09:38:18.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

There's quite a lot in the Infinity range that would be usable if only the miniatures weren't so tiny and difficult to paint

I'm making some Clan buildings at the moment but, since this isn't a modelling forum, I won't post pics until they're finished and painted.

In the meantime, here are the towers and turrets for a tower site (squished together for the photo of course) with a Soldier for scale.

Well I've been busy on my Neutral and Clan buildings. I've made 10 or so and I'll post pics when they're painted.
    In the meantime I've also been working on a Shadowlands board, the Brink.

The plan:

The table:

There is a fuller explanation (I don't suppose you'll need that) and lots more photos on my project page:
    http://www.matakishi.com/anarchyofflinesl.htm

awesome

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

This is utterly fantastic.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by matakishi View Post
    I designed a set of rules specifically for this. They'll be available after the public unveiling later in the year.
    Is there any game that you could liken the rules to? Honestly as cool as the concept is, poor rules would really kill any interest I have in it; I mean unless I made my own
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

They're a much modified variation of Crossfire with added mechanics for buffing team mates and levelling. Crossfire is a variable turn game where the side with the initiative moves and takes actions until they lose the initiative or it is taken from them by the reaction fire of the non-active side. there is no measuring to slow play and winning is determined by player choices and tactics rather than working around the rules. There are lots of articles on Crossfire (many by me) so I won't go into the specifics here.

There are three game modes in Anarchy Offline. The first, and main, type of game is designed for opposed teams of four characters each competing to achieve a mission goal. These are designed to play in 45 mins to an hour on a 4ft/120cm square area (see the Brink board above). The play area will usually contain monsters and NPCs which the non phasing (inactive) player controls. Obviously control of the mobs/NPCs changes when the initiative switches. This type of play can accommodate 2-8 players and is good for convention play. A series of scenarios can be linked into a campaign.

For solo play there is a mission generating mechanic much like the one in game. A mission card is drawn with a map and an objective and the game takes care of mob placement and loot. The player can take one or more characters through the mission which will scale according to the number of characters playing.

The third type of play style is a GM run encounter like TOTW or the Trash King quest where players co-operate to achieve a goal. In this play style the NPCs are controlled by the Games Master according to the plot much like a standard tabletop RPG.

I have chosen six basic professions that players can choose from to begin with: Soldier, Enforcer, Fixer, Doctor, Bureacrat and Engineer. Advance players familiar with the game can choose from a further list of MA, MP, NT, Adventurer, Shade and Trader. I am considering rules for agents and I've left out Keepers because I don't like them

That's it in a nutshell I think.

I'm really impressed by this. I especially love the leets :3
    And the brink board looks just wow.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    ..... looks just wow.

you mean looks "Ahhhhhh Ohhhhh" AO ^_=

cool project!
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Really nice work
    Starphoenix 220/30 Adventurer - Shesmine 220/30 Enforcer - Sgtcuddle 220/30 Soldier - Pervonen 220/27 Doctor - Startrade 218/30 Trader - Letter 200/30 Bureaucrat - Shiasurprise 199/20 Soldier - Envelope 150/17 Bureaucrat

Very cool.

I bet the PVP is better in this version of the game.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast