Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anarchy Offline

Anarchy Offline was played by complete novices at the weekend when I unveiled it to the masses at a wargames show. I ran 4 games, here are pictures of the last one, a Hijack mission.

Both teams moved quickly to steal parked Yalms in order to reach the downed shuttle. Both survived withering fire from their opponents and the game came down to a precarious Fixer battle high above the city. Omni won in the end.

The verdict was favourable which was good coming as it did from the very experienced wargame players and designers who were present.
    I'm just tweeking the rules again to streamline them further before release.

http://www.matakishi.com/anarchyofflinegames.htm

I hope to have a workable set available for the community here to download for free before too long. The full rules will follow shortly after.

Edit: Here's a patch update detailing the changes I made after the games, some won't make sense because you don't have the rules in front of you but everything should make sense in an Anarchy Offline way.

The game needs a bit more streamlining to allow complete newcomers to access it quickly. However this mustn't just dumb it down.
    I've redesigned the play sheets to be smaller, I'm going to try to source some 3D ones which will help control the counters.
    I've removed the blue Nano points completely.
    I've added a mechanic for Enforcers to take aggro from team members (and keep it) and removed NCU which wasn't trackable anyway, players can have as many buffs running as they want now.
    To counter this downsizing I've added in implants which are a major part of Anarchy Online and needed to be represented.
    I've reinstated a process to introduce new nano programs during play.
    Last edited by matakishi; Oct 13th, 2014 at 19:19:05.

This is some truly brilliant stuff you have made there, I am very impressed, 11/10

Thank you. There's an album of photos a friend took which are much better than my feeble efforts here:
    http://www.matakishi.com/anarchyofflinehub.htm

Some examples:

http://www.matakishi.com/anarchyofflinehub.htm

Every time I check out this thread I'm stunned by the level of detail and the sheer amount of work that must go into crafting something like this! Not to mention the dedication and patience either!

True kudos for these, they're stunningly good.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

If we can have SharpTonys, t-shirts can we have these licensed too ?
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaggee View Post
    This is some truly brilliant stuff you have made there, I am very impressed, 11/10
    I raise it a 12/10 my good sir, if I was still wargaming I'd build a neutral team and try the game out.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

In keeping with the time of year...

Coming soon!

:O That's amazing work!

The game is on Saturday so I'll have a report soon after. In the meantime, here is UPH and his minions:

And some sample loot cards (back and front)

I've given Halloween it's own section as I hope to add to it with other stuff each year.
    http://www.matakishi.com/anarchyoffline3110.htm

Thanks again to everyone who's voiced their support, things are moving forward with the rulebook so it shouldn't be too long before you can play a few games yourselves.

Those UPHs look utterly awesome! Brilliant painting
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Agree with Raggy, those UPH are awesome. I love your painting style!
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

One thing I'm not overly keen on is the very 'normal' mansion you have there, I feel it wouldn't really fit in with the rest of the models, everything else though is 110% brilliant.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Well, it's meant to be anachronistic, UPH isn't exactly normal for Rubi-Ka himself. I was after something that would look out of place and look a bit spooky. This is going to be in a tower field and surrounded by turrets so it'll definitely stand out This is my only haunted/old house, I've had it for years and since I only thought of this mission a couple of weeks ago I don't have time to build another one. It is quite versatile, here it is in my Shadowman game lurking in Deadside...

Anyone remember Shadow man by Acclaim? I love that game.

My Shadowman project's here if anyone's interested:
    http://www.matakishi.com/shadowman2013.htm

WTF those pumpkins are incredible! Did you cast your own molds? Or hand carving? I see subtle differences in poses on some.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

They're all commercially available miniatures. The pumpkinheads come from West Wind Productions, Uncle Pumpkinhead himself is from Reaper Miniatures and the Tertium Quids are from Anvil Industries. The clutter on the graveyard spawning spots is from several manufacturers and the house is scratch built.

Halloween came and the pumpkins appeared.
    Due to completely unfair random spawning rolls my team got to take down towers rather than pumpkins but the other team had a ball.

Just an update.
    Things are ongoing, rules are written up for publication, more on this later.
    I'm currently building all the interiors for the solo missions, they should be ready to show in the new year. I finished the builds today but I need to paint them all which will take a while plus there's quite a bit of interior 'furniture' to paint as well. It'll be great when it's done, trust me.
    That's it for now so..
    Merry Christmas!

See you all again in the new year.

It's been a while and my communication with Funcom stopped so the rules are on hold as far as publication goes. However, I've been carrying on anyway with the painting and modelling side, so here's a quick update.

Interior tiles for solo or team missions:

Omni trans monorail (which obviously doesn't exist in game but ought to):

And, finally, what the rules would have (may still) looked like:

Aye the subway ticket should be USABLE! : D (smileys are broken).

Seriously, shiny shiny shiny work. I continue to be green with envy at the amount of work you do.

Have you seen the "Tabletop Simulator" software?

Thanks.
    I'm aware of Tabletop Simulator but have no idea how to use it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast