Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GMI lookup online

GMI lookup online

Awaiting aproval ...
    Last edited by Infall; Jul 2nd, 2014 at 15:17:55. Reason: Awaiting aproval
    * 3rd place in Best Dressed contest 30 june 2007 *
    Access GMI Remotely

I know that GMI has been said to be an exploitable and insecure system. Did FC publish some kind of API documentation for you to be able to do this, or is this all reverse engineered? If the latter, you should probably pull it offline until you get permission from Funcom to access -- not sure which, client data or reverse engineering the in-game browser functionality -- in this way. I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to be able to do this. Could be wrong; do tell.

There's also the problem that this bypasses the need to buy one of their item store real-cash items. You might be in danger of a ban here.

Nice, it's faster than the ingame browser

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Disabled.

Waiting for approval from FC.
    Access GMI Remotely

Probably a wise move. You should probably document your methods and e-mail customer service about it and be prepared to hand over what you've documented once they put you in touch with someone who can understand it. :P

Pretty easy to determine how GMI is accessed in game as you can just run Wireshark and play around, and see what methods, endpoints, and arguments are submitted.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Isn't the internal browser just an additional application anyway?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Yeah, but there's something something something about custom headers and you're probably accessing it "as your character" so to speak, whereas just getting at it from a web browser is circumventing whatever (apparently weak) access control they've tried to implement. I mean, "the security was junk anyway" is the kind of excuse hacker kids probably use right after "it's not *really* hacking."

We're probably verging on discussing exploits mechanics at this point, though.

Ok - this is not a thread about vulnerabilities in GMI.
    Access GMI Remotely

Shouldn't be; sorry for distracting from the issue. I did visit while it was up and it is wonderful and convenient and I, personally, would love to have access to it without using IRL cash to buy a portable GMI terminal. There is one difference I noticed, which is pretty big and bears mentioning: Your utility doesn't allow one to make purchases, only to price check, and therefore does not completely infringe upon the fully functional portable market terminal.

I can has be a beta-tester of this online GMI?

Infall, did you ever PM anyone to see about this, or e-mail customer service, or whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by vitriolic-v View Post
    Infall, did you ever PM anyone to see about this, or e-mail customer service, or whatever?
    I did, and got a respond from Genele today. Customer service told me to contact her. Eventho, she declined my project. Sorry guys.
    Access GMI Remotely

Quote Originally Posted by Infall View Post
    I did, and got a respond from Genele today. Customer service told me to contact her. Eventho, she declined my project. Sorry guys.
    Why am I not even surpriced?
    Project was very interesting and would make lot of players happy, but it look like Genele or FC does not need happy customers...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Why am I not even surpriced?
    Project was very interesting and would make lot of players happy, but it look like Genele or FC does not need happy customers...
    If that's the reason for the decline, there's a myriad of other things they could stomp on. Which they didn't.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Infall View Post
    Did she say why she was declining the project?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Did she say why she was declining the project?
    It was an initial idea with GMI to sell web access to the market. They just never havn't found billing time to finish the project.
    Access GMI Remotely

Not quitee sure i understand this. So the initial idea was to sell internet to the market? So we can browse the internet on the gmi interface? So i pay internet and pay for the game so i can log in and pay to browse the internet on gmi?

Alt tab just not doing it for some or is this an internal internet for AO?

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    Not quitee sure i understand this. So the initial idea was to sell internet to the market? So we can browse the internet on the gmi interface? So i pay internet and pay for the game so i can log in and pay to browse the internet on gmi?

Alt tab just not doing it for some or is this an internal internet for AO?
    Read again.

sounds like they wanted to sell the ability to access your personal GMI through a browser.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast