Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Doctors

Yeah that would work great if every profession in the game couldn't outheal our damage when their TMS/DOF/coon/whatever else goes down, they will just outheal whatever we do during that. Nothing like having a soldier AMS at 1 bubble then just sit and heal up during the 1m40s their AMS is on.

Current...

A- Poison -837 15 hits, 2s delay
    B- Poison -892 15 hits, 2s delay
    C- Poison -756 15 hits, 2s delay

Proposed...

D- Poison -850 25 hits, 2s delay
    E- Poison -900 20 hits, 2s delay

That would make DPS from DoTs alone somewhere over 2.1k right? That's not even including procs or debuffs. I can't see anyone out healing that over time except like I said docs and maybe advys. But it's just a thought. The balance would have to come from casting times and resistance check I suppose to prevent it from being too OP.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Yeah keeping 6 dots up instead of 3...sounds like a right good time.

I count 5.

When I play my doc I have tested that I get roughly 50% of my DPS from dot spam.

Those last two dots appear to last longer than ABC so slightly less to keep them going, and I thought I read something about malp refreshing dots...

Yeah but it was only a suggestion. Probably one that won't happen because it would enable us to keep dots up without recasting. And that's not gonna go over well.lol
    Last edited by Teeko; Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:04:56.

I did the overlap in time on last 2 DoTs D-E because you would most likely have to start recasting A-B-C, so last 2 DoTs "could" last long enough for 2 cast cycles. Yes a lot of "casting" but heck it's a support prof not a weapon prof right?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Steamroll-teams often stops pvp and uber teambuffs doesn't have much effect on teaming either. Instead we see this trend with dual-logging/buffboxing, which seems to have a more detrimental effect on pvp. Just saying. Ideals and reality = two diferent things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Secondly nobody invites doctors in their team for their dps.
    rly? Nobody prefer docs with as-weapons over docs with dreadloch-pistols to be on their side in BS?

(rhetorical question btw)
    Last edited by Cyberleet; Sep 18th, 2014 at 01:25:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberleet View Post
    rly? Nobody prefer docs with as-weapons over docs with dreadloch-pistols to be on their side in BS?

(rhetorical question btw)
    I was talking about dps, not prefering one type of doc to another and either way I couldn't care less as long as they do their primary job - heal. Which is what a few actually do unfortunately thanks to the broken "other profs do damage so I have to do damage too or my epeen will shrink" mentality.

from reading all these comments the conclusion is simple, ppls complaining that docs have a chance to kill some shade or nt cuz anything else is impossible now

so here is the solution for that

remove UBT from docs nano line
    remove DOTs from docs nano line
    remove heals from docs nano line

add "pray" and "pray alot" nano lines with a 20% chance to proc following:
    if target is enfo /tell %t very nice, your skills in stab/slice and dice are great! after you are tired from maneuver that huge weapon and after you took soo many hits with your body you had the power to precise stab the target!
    if target is sol /tell %t you're great! after your burst/ fling shot and full auto your aim shot was precisely between my aye ! uber skills in aim shot m8!
    if target is MP /tell %t nicely done! now please call my family to pray for me as your NS blocked me from casting "pray"
    etc

if target is FC employe /tell %t good but there is still room to improve your skills in ruining this game!

and the doc is fixed and everyone else is happy

Oh boy, sarcasm, let me try!

Here's an idea, you could try to pretend that doctors are a support profession with OP healing capability and keep others alive who will do the killing for you. I know, concepts like support and teamplay in an mmorpg are completely unheard of and borderline outrageous but together we can start a revolution! Healers who heal! Who's with me?

I hear, MA is the new healer, just retire Doc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

The idea of keeping others alive to do the killing for you is an absolutely wonderful one - if only it would work.

Doctors are too easy to kill if you want this to be the case. In order to make full "supporting" doctors viable the people the doctor played with (and the doctor) need to have a reliable way of keeping people off of doctor. Even with a full team of snares and roots and absorbs and whatnot - it doesn't stop 2 agents, or 1 agent (other professions too, agent is an example), firing 3 capping specials and a perk or two simultaneously (or as good as simultaneously) and then meeping with your team's doctor lying on the floor dead. Only to return and do that again and again and again.

To be a "pure support" profession the doctor needs enhanced defensive capabilities or they'll just get insta'd and that is that with no opportunity for the doctor or the team to retaliate if they're able to survive.

Now you might say - how is Docs getting insta'd that different from right now?
    Its not.
    The only difference is that now, if a doctor gets attacked - it has a chance of surviving and if it does, it can then *do something* about the person that is attacking it, that *doing something* is very important because if you're forcing the opposition onto the back foot (even slightly) and making them need to play a touch defensively because of malpspam or DoTs or debuffs - that inhibits their offensive capability somewhat. This gives the doctor/doctor's team time to react and gives an opportunity for defense.
    Now, if a doctor comes under fire and can't do anything to force its opponent onto the back foot even slightly (even if it survives the initial onslaught) - the opponent will just go full out hell-for-leather destruction mode and is pretty much guaranteed a victory and before the doctor's team has any chance to do anything about it.
    Bainzyy - Level 220/30 Shade
    PvP-ing - RP-ing - PvMing

Quote Originally Posted by Bainzy View Post
    The idea of keeping others alive to do the killing for you is an absolutely wonderful one - if only it would work.

Doctors are too easy to kill if you want this to be the case. In order to make full "supporting" doctors viable the people the doctor played with (and the doctor) need to have a reliable way of keeping people off of doctor. Even with a full team of snares and roots and absorbs and whatnot - it doesn't stop 2 agents, or 1 agent (other professions too, agent is an example), firing 3 capping specials and a perk or two simultaneously (or as good as simultaneously) and then meeping with your team's doctor lying on the floor dead. Only to return and do that again and again and again.

To be a "pure support" profession the doctor needs enhanced defensive capabilities or they'll just get insta'd and that is that with no opportunity for the doctor or the team to retaliate if they're able to survive.

Now you might say - how is Docs getting insta'd that different from right now?
    Its not.
    The only difference is that now, if a doctor gets attacked - it has a chance of surviving and if it does, it can then *do something* about the person that is attacking it, that *doing something* is very important because if you're forcing the opposition onto the back foot (even slightly) and making them need to play a touch defensively because of malpspam or DoTs or debuffs - that inhibits their offensive capability somewhat. This gives the doctor/doctor's team time to react and gives an opportunity for defense.
    Now, if a doctor comes under fire and can't do anything to force its opponent onto the back foot even slightly (even if it survives the initial onslaught) - the opponent will just go full out hell-for-leather destruction mode and is pretty much guaranteed a victory and before the doctor's team has any chance to do anything about it.
    Doctors are already a full support profession it's just that people dislike playing them like that for some reason, most often wanting to go against the grain or just good old look-at-me-I-can-kill e-peen. Most focus their builds and playstyle around soloing and doing damage and it's those doctors who are usually the easy kills. A proper support doc with outside/team buffs can take quite a beating and ofc I'm not talking about city pvp which isn't really pvp only a gank and zone to safety pissing contest with skirmishes lasting 3 seconds on average which of course by nature only favors very few professions who have the right toolset.

Again in your post you're listing what a doc can do when they're under attack from a solo doc perspective. Only mention malp, dots, and ubt. No mention at all of teammates, reflect buffs, aad buffs, blockers. No mention of snares, roots, stuns, blinds, drains, or even killing stuff that's attacking the doc.

"The Doctors' prime skills focus mainly on healing. Limited weapon skills can lead to a bumpy ride when going solo, but in a team the Doctor really shines."

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    Doctors are already a full support profession it's just that people dislike playing them like that for some reason, most often wanting to go against the grain or just good old look-at-me-I-can-kill e-peen. Most focus their builds and playstyle around soloing and doing damage and it's those doctors who are usually the easy kills. A proper support doc with outside/team buffs can take quite a beating and ofc I'm not talking about city pvp which isn't really pvp only a gank and zone to safety pissing contest with skirmishes lasting 3 seconds on average which of course by nature only favors very few professions who have the right toolset.

Again in your post you're listing what a doc can do when they're under attack from a solo doc perspective. Only mention malp, dots, and ubt. No mention at all of teammates, reflect buffs, aad buffs, blockers. No mention of snares, roots, stuns, blinds, drains, or even killing stuff that's attacking the doc.

"The Doctors' prime skills focus mainly on healing. Limited weapon skills can lead to a bumpy ride when going solo, but in a team the Doctor really shines."
    m8 i have to say that your your brain "shines" and it is visible from far far away.

2x agents in carb armor will alpha a doc in a full team with engi/sol/crat and w/e you want. so 2agents vs a full team of 6 and doc still will die so for any1 with an curly brain it is clear that the docs doesn't need nerfing ........... xception are those with "shiny" brains who think docs needs more nerfing.

Seriously, there are several individuals of there which think that we, the Doctors, are a full support profession.

Who the fking hell said that? Are YOU going to tell me that my Doctor needs to be played not that offensive, but hidden in the last row and healing their a.sses off, while the massive tanks inflict and take in the massive incoming damage? Dude, this is not World of Warcraft or something like that and we are Doctors, not Paladine things.

I can promise and tell you one thing. If we, the Doctors, would switch from an offensive and harmful stance & setup into a... (I even hate just to write it) full support (/spit), I would not really be able to kill anything mentionable. On the other hand, I would not fall to 90% of all opponents.

So, you want to tell me that from all professions and classes of all existing games, only this ONE profession, the Doctors, shall not be granted the right to fight in a duel situation, which you could completely forget while doing more nerfs, right? "Focus mainly on healing". I lol´d. Surviving a pvp is not winning a pvp fight and it renders the whole situation just unfair. Thats what you scream for currently.

You apparently think that we, the Doctors, would be half-gods in white. But I can tell you that we are far far far away from beeing even close to this. My (I can ofc only speak about my situation and position, but I believe that I am not standing alone in this point) setup and my ability to be competitive in a combat and be able to even defeat enforcer, fixer and traders, is a result of a very hard and difficult progress of farming and optimising every single imp and armor piece and NOT a result of the doctors nature. And this mentioned ability to do duels or to (sometimes) win in a pvp situation comes from huge sacrifices on the other hand. Its not like easy putting a weapon and armor on (a setup which 95% of this profession got anyway since its pure average standard), doing some massive aoe stuns and fullcap hits and being able to heal everything unlimited in every situation.

A Doctor is not half of that OP as you might think of it.

And you apparently have absolutely no, and I really mean "no", clue about us, the Doctors.
    Please, care about your own class and stop trying to say how others have to play theirs.

Thank you.
    Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

Quote Originally Posted by Phante View Post
    m8 i have to say that your your brain "shines" and it is visible from far far away.

2x agents in carb armor will alpha a doc in a full team with engi/sol/crat and w/e you want. so 2agents vs a full team of 6 and doc still will die so for any1 with an curly brain it is clear that the docs doesn't need nerfing ........... xception are those with "shiny" brains who think docs needs more nerfing.
    You're talking about you/your doc obviously, I'm talking about a good doc. I never said docs need nerfing, but they definitely don't need a boost to their survivability either only because people choose to play it wrong then complain how it's not working out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonde View Post
    Seriously, there are several individuals of there which think that we, the Doctors, are a full support profession.

Who the fking hell said that? Are YOU going to tell me that my Doctor needs to be played not that offensive, but hidden in the last row and healing their a.sses off, while the massive tanks inflict and take in the massive incoming damage? Dude, this is not World of Warcraft or something like that and we are Doctors, not Paladine things.
    Yes, doctors shouldn't be played offensive. My way obviously works, while yours and every other offensive doctor (lol) has a survivability problem. I don't know why you're drawing comparisons to World of Warcraft nor do they make any sense. If a profession is designated as a primary healer by design then it's the logical thing to play it as such.

I can promise and tell you one thing. If we, the Doctors, would switch from an offensive and harmful stance & setup into a... (I even hate just to write it) full support (/spit), I would not really be able to kill anything mentionable. On the other hand, I would not fall to 90% of all opponents.
    Yup, that's the point. Staying alive and healing, not spamming malp and chain dying complaining about survivability. If you want to kill so bad there's lots of other professions to choose from. Professions should be chosen according to the task they're best suited for.

So, you want to tell me that from all professions and classes of all existing games, only this ONE profession, the Doctors, shall not be granted the right to fight in a duel situation, which you could completely forget while doing more nerfs, right? "Focus mainly on healing". I lol´d.
    I don't know if you're exaggerating/lying to get a point across or talking from pure inexperience but many mmorpgs have healer classes who are harmless on their own. They will have some form of CC but their damage is very often negligible. Funny you should mention duels too as doctors in AO are a top dueling class, in that regard surpassing healers in any mmorpg I have played.

Surviving a pvp is not winning a pvp fight and it renders the whole situation just unfair. Thats what you scream for currently.
    Actually you are very wrong in that statement, surviving is crucial to winning. You can't win a pvp encounter if you're dead.

You apparently think that we, the Doctors, would be half-gods in white. But I can tell you that we are far far far away from beeing even close to this. My (I can ofc only speak about my situation and position, but I believe that I am not standing alone in this point) setup and my ability to be competitive in a combat and be able to even defeat enforcer, fixer and traders, is a result of a very hard and difficult progress of farming and optimising every single imp and armor piece and NOT a result of the doctors nature. And this mentioned ability to do duels or to (sometimes) win in a pvp situation comes from huge sacrifices on the other hand. Its not like easy putting a weapon and armor on (a setup which 95% of this profession got anyway since its pure average standard), doing some massive aoe stuns and fullcap hits and being able to heal everything unlimited in every situation.
    You think that putting a lot of effort towards building a character for the wrong kind of game play justifies your complaints and cries for unnecessary buffs. I disagree on that.

And you apparently have absolutely no, and I really mean "no", clue about us, the Doctors.
    Please, care about your own class and stop trying to say how others have to play theirs.
    Yes of course, you're all so enlightened in your collective whining about your selfish playstyle not working out.

You're talking about you/your doc obviously, I'm talking about a good doc. ......
    AHAHAHAHA Never had a better laugh in a very loooooong time ))))))))))

yes my friend i sucked on my doc ahahahaha.

Yes, doctors shouldn't be played offensive. My way obviously works, while yours and every other offensive doctor (lol) has a survivability problem. I don't know why you're drawing comparisons to World of Warcraft nor do they make any sense. If a profession is designated as a primary healer by design then it's the logical thing to play it as such.
    I even do not know your doc and apparently, thats for a reason. I can heal as much as your doctor in PvP and PvM, even in my setup. And?

Yup, that's the point. Staying alive and healing, not spamming malp and chain dying complaining about survivability. If you want to kill so bad there's lots of other professions to choose from. Professions should be chosen according to the task they're best suited for.
    Sorry, where did I "complain" ? I didn´t. Chain dying? Dude, you apparently have no idea of an offensive played pvp doctor.
    And please, do not tell me what I have to choose, what I have to want or what I need, its simply none of your business.

I don't know if you're exaggerating/lying to get a point across or talking from pure inexperience but many mmorpgs have healer classes who are harmless on their own. They will have some form of CC but their damage is very often negligible. Funny you should mention duels too as doctors in AO are a top dueling class, in that regard surpassing healers in any mmorpg I have played.
    You are now comparing dildos with bananas. Healers in other mmporgs do have a vital pvp chance, or atleast the possibility to switch from a healer role into a damage role (which wont change their class anyway). 2 different situations.

Actually you are very wrong in that statement, surviving is crucial to winning. You can't win a pvp encounter if you're dead.
    Actually, you are right and wrong in that statement. Sure, surviving is crucial, but - I can survive better and longer then you do in a duel situation. And whilst fighting with mobs in PvM, my "HPS" will surely be under the "HPS" from a pure and only healer, but I can compensate this with the experience of being a doc for now over 12 years. Anyway, Just like I have mentioned before, I do not have a problem with my survivability and I never had. I can survive a full Enforcers alpha w/o MOTR and (after a long long fight) kill him. And you?

And by the way, you can´t win a pvp encounter if you can not kill anything.

You think that putting a lot of effort towards building a character for the wrong kind of game play justifies your complaints and cries for unnecessary buffs. I disagree on that.
    Yes, I say that and you might disagree - thats your good right. But, who said that my style is wrong ? You? Did you design the game and have the right to settle this ? I disagree on that.

Yes of course, you're all so enlightened in your collective whining about your selfish playstyle not working out.
    Do not come to a discussion whilst ignoring every contrary comment. Thats rude. I am not whining about anything and my playstyle works out extremly well. Sp please, try to be atleast a bit more polite - against my nature, I try not to flame and insult (just like you do).

It is one of Anarchy Onlines biggest spirits and unique marks that even within 1 profession, the setups are so various and originative. It is against AOs spirit to force one profession to give up these and to do only THIS, with THIS setup. Just like in WoW.

The person(s) who designed Anarchy Online, all professions and atleast us, the Doctors, is the only one(s) who could settle this. And they put in the possibility to seriously deal damage. Even more then a Trader (not talking about the weapons, only nano and perk toolset) - are you talking the same nonsense in a separate trader post that they are intended not to kill but to support? Or Enforcer to just tank and not being able to kill? Other professions, same thing.

You apparently are absolutely not doing any PvP. Obviously. And no, you do not need to. But please be so kind and do not judge over others, tell them what they need to want, have to do and have to do not.

You are herewith invited to do some duels against me, I would reactivate my account for this. Since my playstyle is not working out, my survivability is underneath the surface and you are on top of everything, you are warmly invited.

Best regards
    Dumonde
    Last edited by Dumonde; Mar 4th, 2015 at 15:55:38.
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

You're talking about you/your doc obviously, I'm talking about a good doc.
    Step 1; Make yourself a doctor.
    Step 2; Learn to be your perception of a "good doctor".
    Step 3; I'll turn up with a mate and a pair of agents in mediocre gear - heck probably mostly stripped would do.
    Step 4; Whenever you're ready, we'll warn you, ask you if you're ready etc etc so you have optimal conditions to defend yourself.
    Step 5; Now that you are primed, warned, ready, set to go - Agents will fire 1 nano, then both proceed to cap Aimed Shot/Full Auto/Sneak Attack as well as fire the 4 AI 'Champion of' perks or so and maybe throw in a Concussive Shot (If we felt mean we could chain those, one after the other, but you'll be dead anyway at that point).
    Step 6; Observe your corpse on the floor with a 100% success rate (after you keep crying for do-overs)
    Step 7; You return and admit you're wrong.

If you're drawing comparisons to healers in other games, healers in WoW have immense survivability - so much so it is nigh on impossible that in a 1v1 of players of identical skill (if such things were possible) the healer will not die. In AO we have an entirely different issue, healers die 1v1 far too easily to force them into pure healstick setups. The best form of defense for a doctor is often calculated offense. As aforementioned, you force the opposition onto their back foot, hence they have to defend themselves a little and that reduces their damage output which is what allows the doctor to survive. If you so desperately desire doctors to be nothing more than a healstick you're going to have to demand doctors get buffed defensively so they can be that way.
    Last edited by Bainzy; Mar 4th, 2015 at 15:00:10.
    Bainzyy - Level 220/30 Shade
    PvP-ing - RP-ing - PvMing

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast