Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112

Thread: Monthly Development Update - August 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    You also get paid roughly 49% more per hour. Why should we get paid less than the UK simply because of geographical location? We have the largest economy in the world, we should be paid more. Wahwahwah. It's been how many years since Europeans brought up the price disparity? It hasn't changed yet, even when you try to change almost every thread into a whinefest about it. Either pay the money or don't pay it, either way please stop QQ'ing, you crybabies.
    If we're going off how much the minimum wage is in an area to base the subscription cost, like you said, Georgia would have a very low sub. But that's a moot point since EVERY OTHER MMO IN EXISTENCE ADHERES TO ROUGH EXCHANGE RATES ACROSS CONTINENTS. Why doesn't AO?

Also nice job devolving your argument into baseless namecalling.

Btw China has the largest economy in the world.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    But that's a moot point since EVERY OTHER MMO IN EXISTENCE ADHERES TO ROUGH EXCHANGE RATES ACROSS CONTINENTS. Why doesn't AO?
    Because they don't have to?

Same reason you can buy the same pair of pants in an outlet store for less than a department store? Where you shop (Europe) has higher avg income so you can afford to pay more? Maybe to pay for some extra import taxes that were part of the original boxed set before client download was available? Who knows.

All speculation on my part.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

It seems to me many who are opposing to the idea of new paying subscription model are not aware, or did not includes the current situation at Funcom and AO.
    So please kindly allow me to reminds you regarding a few things that you needs to take into considerations to understands why my focus is with changing a new subscriptions, and not with the game mechanism at this point:

* Most of Funcom board members (the one`s who decides who is going to be Funcom CEO) dont care about AO. All they cares about is Funcom market share value goes up.

* Many previous key Funcom developers gave up their hopes with AO and Funcom as a game developer company, and have left the building. Including founder of Funcom, and the main driver of AO, Gaute Godager. He left Funcom on September 17, 2008.

* Todays AO developers team are much smaller and inexperienced compares to the old team, which obviously struggling with: 1. experience to develop AO into a healthy mmorpg. 2. Time to resolves problems within AO

As you can see, Funcom is running out of time, they barely have time for anything else.
    The new engine and NPE dont have eta or release date, and if Funcom announce the engine and NPE will be ready within 1 year. There is still a chance for that date to be cancelled, and escalate for another year.
    If you hope for AO to revives and population will rise by waiting for Funcom to make AO better game experience after releasing NPE and new engine. There is a huge chance for you to be disappointed.

Funcom needs to spend their time and prioritize their resources efficient, if they want to save AO.

Thanks very much for reading.
    Best Regards,
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Well today i got a mail from FC regarding TSW:

"Title: Help us improve TSW

Please take part in this survey so we can get your feedback on The Secret World.
    By completing the short survey before the end of September you will receive $5 worth of Bonus Points which can be used in the in-game Item Shop."

We know where our subs will get funnelled as usual ..
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Merit View Post
    [*]Means bailed, saw writing on wall, left while still had rep/prospects.
    He had grand visions, though no FC support. (he had no means! Sorry, had to...) He's at Bioware atm, prolly telling amusing anecdotes about how FC did things: "So this one time, I said we had a new engine, and they like believed me!"^^
    Just this part kind of proofs that you have no damn clue about anything
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Quote Originally Posted by Iriche View Post
    Just this part kind of proofs that you have no damn clue about anything
    omg you guys are totally lying! I wanna be with Bioware too
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

If we're going off how much the minimum wage is in an area to base the subscription cost, like you said, Georgia would have a very low sub. But that's a moot point since EVERY OTHER MMO IN EXISTENCE ADHERES TO ROUGH EXCHANGE RATES ACROSS CONTINENTS. Why doesn't AO?

Also nice job devolving your argument into baseless namecalling.

We're not going off of anything. Neither you nor I have any influence over the situation, I simply pointed out a glaring flaw in your logic. Why can't you understand that? The last 6 years of "Europeans pay more when converted straight across, wahhhh" has gotten old and still hasn't changed a single thing. It's time to stop whining about it or stop paying. Though if you stop paying, I'm sure we'd all also appreciate if you stopped whining about it.

Also, no, China doesn't. The US has a GDP of $17.3 trillion USD. China has a GDP $9.18 trillion USD. They've still got some catching up to do, though I'm sure they will before too long. Since you made the claim, I'd expect you to post some sources, but instead I'll help you out so you don't have to and source my own claim. Listed by GDP nominal, where the EU has to combine 28 countries' GDP to barely come out ahead. And here it is listed by GDP PPP.

No they don't, not even close. The EU is higher if you consider it collectively. By actual country, the USA is by far the largest.

We're not going off of anything. Neither you nor I have any influence over the situation, I simply pointed out a glaring flaw in your logic. Why can't you understand that? The last 6 years of "Europeans pay more when converted straight across, wahhhh" has gotten old and still hasn't changed a single thing. It's time to stop whining about it or stop paying. Though if you stop paying, I'm sure we'd all also appreciate if you stopped whining about it.
    That's just the thing though, alot of Europeans have already stopped paying, it's a huge contributing factor to the slow decline of the game during European hours.

Also, no, China doesn't. The US has a GDP of $17.3 trillion USD. China has a GDP $9.18 trillion USD. They've still got some catching up to do, though I'm sure they will before too long. Since you made the claim, I'd expect you to post some sources, but instead I'll help you out so you don't have to and source my own claim. Listed by GDP nominal, where the EU has to combine 28 countries' GDP to barely come out ahead. And here it is listed by GDP PPP.
    Quote Originally Posted by haxi View Post
    No they don't, not even close. The EU is higher if you consider it collectively. By actual country, the USA is by far the largest.
    You're right, my mistake. I was thinking back to an article I read a few months back which when I looked at it again was projecting the GDP growth in 2045.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

That's just the thing though, alot of Europeans have already stopped paying, it's a huge contributing factor to the slow decline of the game during European hours.
    Using this logic, US hours should be a bustling hive of activity.

Spoiler alert: They're not. US primetime died long before EU primetime.

Sorry to interrupt and spoiling the fun but USA have the largest external debt in the history of existence of living organism and mankind with a total of 17,754,467,569,229.71,- USD. Double extrenal debt than the next country in the list of "World largest debt".
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

The USA is #1 at big numbers. Especially our military, which outclasses every other military in existence combined by several factors. Some countries actually don't have a military at all and rely on the US to provide their military defense.

Not like debt means much on that scale, though. If people tried to collect on that debt they would irrevocably demolish the world economy. People don't think about it much, but the world economy basically revolves around the USA.

Mine is 20 inches i swear!
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by UNIDENTIFIED
    Sorry to interrupt and spoiling the fun but USA have the largest external debt in the history of existence of living organism and mankind with a total of 17,754,467,569,229.71,- USD. Double extrenal debt than the next country in the list of "World largest debt".
    +1. I don't think they can recover it even if they recup all the money they borrowed to other country.

25% ish of USA debt is held by China?
    Last edited by dritst; Sep 19th, 2014 at 10:39:00.
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

This conversation is straying way too close to political talk. We do not allow that as it leads to name calling and bickering over ideals. Keep on task
    Director Bekrowe
    ARK Community Relations
    Public Forums Moderator
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

:: Social Guidelines ::
    :: Ark Public Website :: Social Events with ARK :: Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry :: ARK Tours :: Join ARK!

AO struggles with 4 major problem at this moment:

1) Lack of real information. There is big spread betwean what they promise/put on hard date, and what is really going on. We all have seen it with 18.7, NPE, new engine. Because players reall pay for the game, highest fee on market, they easli cancel subs when they feel being lied by FC.

2) New Engine is under develompent so many years, that most just dont believe it will come anyway. I don't say it's false - but I know there are big chances, it will never come out. Last trailer/movie was like 2 years ago, screens... almost year. Engine it self is'nt new at this point - it may revieve graphics a bit, but it wont shake the ground of AO. Knowing problems FC had with it, I doubt this will be any improvement to the current state engine is on Live.

3) For the most part I am annoyed how easy "fun stuff" gets to the game, like charis, cartoon boxes as a gear, Santa hats and all this stuff which reminds me of a theme park game instead of Sci-Fi. While they don't want to balance twings out in middle/early part of the game, when new players seeks "justice", and don't find it (talk to a trader who starts leveling and he was teamed with enf using Howlet or Panther... or better.. don't). Work FC has put into those funny stuff keeps me thinking they do it, just to work on something, because "serious" things are overhelming them to point, when they don't want to act at all

4) Fee it self. It is fact that its most expensive game to play at this moment. Its a fact, that many players own 2 or more accounts, and if they want to play on desired leve (dualloging for buff purposes, trade, farming ect) they need spend lots of real money (and EU users even more). GRACE itself could help them, but what with casual ones?

Since 4 (5?) years FC didn't give ANY (basicly) ANY free time, so marketing failure to attract newcomers is at best - how one can get into SL, taste the world, AI invasion, gear and dvantages, if he FIRST must pay 22$... knowing nothing about game? I remember, when free month was up, most of my orgmates returned to see new things/functions or just to reconsider returning to the game - from 10people, avarge, 3-4 stayed longer then this free month.

Also - there was huge boost after merge in server population, which - in fact - could give more returning players.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Bekrowe View Post
    This conversation is straying way too close to political talk. We do not allow that as it leads to name calling and bickering over ideals. Keep on task
    gee wiz, this thread sounds like a 'The Secret World' propaganda advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    3) For the most part I am annoyed how easy "fun stuff" gets to the game, like charis, cartoon boxes as a gear, Santa hats and all this stuff which reminds me of a theme park game instead of Sci-Fi. While they don't want to balance twings out in middle/early part of the game, when new players seeks "justice", and don't find it (talk to a trader who starts leveling and he was teamed with enf using Howlet or Panther... or better.. don't). Work FC has put into those funny stuff keeps me thinking they do it, just to work on something, because "serious" things are overhelming them to point, when they don't want to act at all
    Yeah, it seems they work on stuff that can be in itemshop, not actually 'gamestuff'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45H25Sc6fig something 2 think about.

Congratulations on making GD, Unfortunately this game has had more GD's then updates in the past few years
    220 Sheilded MP And Proud

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112