Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Forum Upgrade

Forum Upgrade

(Edited due to them changing the forum theme to something reasonable) You guys need to do something about the look of the forums under this upgrade. This is a horrible design. You went from having vibrant forums to something that looks like a color accented grayscale photo. It makes it annoying to look at, tbh.

A few other things:

1. The Dev Tracker is broken. It seems to show threads but not actual posts as it used to.

2. What is the difference between 'What's New?' and the 'Activity Stream' button right below it. They seem to pull up the exact same thing for me.

3. The site looks better on my android device than my PC (i.e. its not obnoxiously colored) but I do want to point out that it has the generic vbulletin logo in the upper left hand corner and not the Anarchy Online.

4. (Edited due to this problem disappearing) There's some weird error with maybe the forum user name or something. http://i.imgur.com/G4CicxS.jpg
    Last edited by Traderjill; Sep 10th, 2014 at 19:51:56. Reason: Some issues resolved
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

1. Yup

2. No Idea

3. Agreed, but the vBulliten logo has always been there for me (Chrome).

4. What browser you on?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

OMG what is this!?!? I'm BLIIIND!!!!
    Jokes aside, will take a while to get used to as, as with most changes.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Also, anyone else find it funny how the forum got a visual update before the game?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Let's hope this hideous update isn't a sign of things to come!

Gawd this hurts my eyes
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    1. Yup

2. No Idea

3. Agreed, but the vBulliten logo has always been there for me (Chrome).

4. What browser you on?
    3. I normally use the full site on my phone but with this new scheme it is completely unreadable for me so I swapped over to the mobile site (first time). So you could be right about the logo always being there but seems like it should be the AO logo instead.

4. Chrome (on PC and phone). That bug in that picture seems to have stopped for now.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Sep 9th, 2014 at 21:03:19.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

It is funcom smoking us out
    Gone

I miss that link at the end of the thread where you can just click to go to the forum. Now it is just a menu there.

Looks awful period :/

The contrast is just painful to use, please change the background to something closer to the one used in the quotations etc as it is, it's like driving with the sun in your eye down a wet road.
    Last edited by Caloss2; Sep 9th, 2014 at 21:26:18.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Gone View Post
    It is funcom smoking us out
    HAHAAHAHA
    Cant wait for how the new engine will looks like. It will be the final smoke i guess
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

awful
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

Where's my "change theme" setting? I'm sure some people will like this new design, but I'm not one of them.

This text is to damn strenuous on the eyes. I won't be able to browse around like I normally do when it takes less than 5 minutes for my eyes to feel the annoyance. Please let me have the old theme as an option.
    Last edited by Rurounin; Sep 9th, 2014 at 21:38:05.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    Where's my "change theme" setting? I'm sure some people will like this new design, but I'm not one of them.
    I'm not one of them either...
    This is just awful ! I hope we will have the option to chose an other template.

I'm all for trying to improve things, but you guys might wanna get someone to design a template or different color choices. This is pretty rough compared to the other forums I frequent.
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

this new forum look *sorry* SH*T !!!!
    Bring the old theme back ASAP

The forums have gone through a necessary upgrade, and the old theme is no longer supported.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

The new forum theme is unbelievably terrible.
    The only part of the upgrade that's nice is auto-saving your drafts.

IB4: Forums are updated more than the game.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    The forums have gone through a necessary upgrade, and the old theme is no longer supported.
    You can't edit some CSS to bring back the old color scheme?
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Sweet Jesus this upgrade is bat **** horrible! I cant differentiate between new posts and old posts. I cant tell where the text box is because its greyed out. Hell, when I click outside of the text box it greys out my text.

Its like they didn't put any thought in to how horrible the upgrade would be. It is like they downloaded it, installed it and realized "Oh man maybe we should have put some design in to this first".

My hindsight, its kicking in...I see myself using the forums less and less now...along with...other users...it hurts it really hurts.

White text on black background seriously hurts my eyes :/ Other than that the general look is very nice, I just can't cope with the color-scheme, sucks to be me, I guess...
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast