Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Legend of Anarchy (TL5 edition)

Yea some people just cant resist breaking agreements to win and then later proclaim that "its what pvpers do"
    I'd say duel is to fight toe-to-toe, kiting is for open pvp. Pretty sure the only reason people even duel is because it is supposed to be 1v1 toe-to-toe. At least I do.

Just ran into Cred the other day, his tl5 fix and my tl5 crat duelled. He started losing, so he started abusing LoS like mad to heal up, and after a looooong duel the ****ty craphander aimed shots won the day.
    That was my last duel in this game. TL7 duel is pointless, its all about Awak Beast armor swapping, which I find pretty stupid. So yea, why bother with duels. Open pvp is more enjoyable anyway.
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I remember duelling Revenagent and we both agree it's going to be a stand and fight duel, so he goes FP doc, and I use a mana recharge setup to keep him debuffed with -1250 rifle as long as I can.

The duel is going on about 3 minutes or so, and I'm just BARELY getting the mana for each cast by this point, and all of a sudden he bolts, I see whats happening, so immediately pop MoTR, and hammer the /follow button, but he's got some distance on me and I'm out of range of brawl. he runs behind the grid box, and is out of LoS so I can't start casting blow cover. I have to focus on finding him for a sec, so I jump up, but he's moving around behind the walls and I can't get to him.

He runs up the hill a bit, and I see him, he tranquilizes me, I spam FM, and the snare pops. I start running at him, I see him weapon swap, the SPS is on, oh ****.

I take a full AS to the face, and a root lands... FM on CD, oh crap, a AC debuff landed (infantry perk), I start casting blow cover, but infantry already incoming, the damage is coming... but still got enough health to try a last ditch alpha. I pop next FM, the root is ticking down, but not fast enough, the next perk lands only got a sliver of health left, FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCC KKKKKKKK.... Go for a last ditch crave+feast, but they are already queued on me.. they land before mine do.

At 10m range, he has about 400 HP remaining, I'm dead, and everyone is running over and saying he owes me a duel win since that was a blatant disregard of agreed to rules.

So I'm like; why did you break the rules of the fight?

"I was out of nano"

NO ****?

You don't think it was hard for a frigging trox keeper to keep chain spamming a debuff that has a 15s cooldown with 0 points in nanodelta?!

I was so mad. a lot of people agreed that that was a very sh*tty display of unsportsmanlike conduct.

Well, screw him. still got an awesome duel record on my keeper.

Still tho.. the salt was good on that fight. I made margheritas later.
    Lol that was actually a really cool story, would definitely read more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    I think Ithacan was a much better agent than mine, Dogfood. So Fontane must be wrong.

And remember, if the first dimach didn't do it, just dimach again
    <3

I was good before you came to RK2 I think, it was all downhill from there haha

kiting is something you do when it's part of your toolset, and you feel like winning...not kiting is something you do when you're more worried about your opponent thinking you're cool, than just winning and not giving fook. facts, they will rock you.

a couple other neat facts: I killed 3 different 220 shades, a 220 adv, a 214 adv, several 207 agents (only one worth mentioning), 1 214 in fp trader (lol), 207 keeper, about a million 207-220 fixers, lol, a certain 214 twink killer NT several times, a 220 crat (I still think that was weird), 214 twink killer crat, 207-214 keeper (tbh, fun fights), 220 NT(Fontane's- he was afk wink wink)..lots more level 207 to 220 stuffs I don't remember... with my newly leveled 200 NT(Giit), every one of them used the next hour or so of their lives to try making me feel like less of a person for kiting, los, wtf ever else i could do...in the end, they still died, I lived, and it happened in Bor, so meh...whatever <3

Fontane, you play adv well, but this is one of those times when admitting defeat, and respecting your opponent is free! agents kill adv's, that's one thing they're very good at, and supposed to do! just because you've killed a few because they were dumb enough, or fat headed enough with a boated ego to stand still and let you, doesn't mean you can expect to kill one that doesn't feel like dying, lol. Ith is a proper agent, he plays agent like you play adv, the best he can, with the tools he has...so don't pretend like the facts don't apply to you, they do, and give the man his props already. any good agent that doesn't want to die to an adv, will NOT die to an adv, I do not care how good you are. you're both top of your professions for your respective levels, now act like you deserve to be there, and show some respect....not that we don't enjoy the drama....................................hmm...you know what, forget everything I said...carry on, ****ers

who cares, enjoy your kill, respect your opponent, they're just embarrassed, and move on <3

I also died a couple times.
    Last edited by RedWatr; Dec 9th, 2016 at 03:07:21.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

I remember one time out in SAV, at that real peculiar site: 106 - 143 I remember being there on my 170 keeper for whatever stupid reason thinking I'd sort of help if PVP happened or whatever, and there was me and like a whack of lower guys and Giit comes along.

And I remember that you abused LoS so fricking bad in that fight. Omni had like 3-4 people, clan had about 12, but probably only 5 of them were actually in PVP range so the rest were just doing PVT damage.

Anyway, that site is really hilly, and Giit was all leeted up as usual, and I remember running after him getting rooted, FM, FM, FM hum de ho, FM, FM run run run... And I didn't die, mainly because I didn't take any damage, but anyway, clan won the fight, but it took probably close to 8 or 9 minutes to actually get the kill, and Giit took out everyone except me and Dokkie or something like that, and the only reason we won was because somehow dokkie had got enough dots running on you to finish you while I was chasing and harassing you.

Anyway, it stands out to me because I remember PMing you afterward to recap and you saying something about the height advantage of being leeted when LOSing over hills.

I was actually mind boggled because you actually played that fight so well, and I was just like, welp, TIL.

Of course, The interactions between you and me always must have been funny to outsiders, I went through thousands of FM stims on account of your tactics, LOL.

Me: "So, why do you never try to kill me?"

Giit: "Oh, I'm scared as f*ck of you"...
    Giit: "better to just keep you rooted"
    Giit: "my nukes have a chance to break the root and I don't like it when you chase me"

Me: ...
    Me: dammit.

But was so funny in the long run, after a while we just start to roll up and talk in BS and stuff, because we both know we'll never kill each other. On like 150 encounters, there's like 4 deaths, total.

We would never have had so much fun if we were on the same side.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    gather around kids, I have a story to tell
    I remember you being a rebel without a cause. TL5 pvp keeper. Mad twink, but pretty much useless probably more pain to the owner than to others
    I feel you man, I remember rooting you in duels and mashin nukes "argh die already"

@Giit: I do not have a problem with keeping range as being part of the toolset, eg rooting and getting out of melee range. But running around like a flipping roadrunner and abusing LoS like its the end of the world is just wrong. And even just running around against melee profs in duel is kind of unethical as they are being subject to sync issues.

Also back in the day being a Nullity NR1 NT was massive fun. People wouldnt expect it, since everyone and their mothers used LE nukes. So it was kind of fun fighting against MAs, enfs, soldiers etc. them wasting all their mad alphas on the nullity sphere and then accusing you of exploiting
    Same thing with gimpy NTs failing to land doubles for the third time accusing you of the same
    Downside was being vulnerable to good LE nuke using NTs.

About ethics: popping Nanobot Shielding and cast double then triple was probably the lamest thing ever. But felt soo good sometimes especially against idiots you wanted to WTF pwn. Anyone remember Hexous aka the best pvper that has ever lived?

Good times
    Last edited by aramsunat; Dec 9th, 2016 at 09:57:35.

Devil Inside

wow 8 years ago )
    Yea Ith was gud. Legends are Ripline and Ijustdidthat though, at least in my view.
    I got maddzor in that chat cause I always stand still in duels, I expect everyone to do the same. I've tanked 214 soldiers in duels, even though I could've rooted and ran to heal.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    wow 8 years ago )
    Yea Ith was gud. Legends are Ripline and Ijustdidthat though, at least in my view.
    I got maddzor in that chat cause I always stand still in duels, I expect everyone to do the same. I've tanked 214 soldiers in duels, even though I could've rooted and ran to heal.
    most people are like, "when you kite/abuse LOS its unfair, when i kite/abuse LOS its toolset/pvp skill/game knowledge"

Devil Inside

Well, I think the change to keepers with clarion call is quite a game changer. in a proper 1v1 fight, there is a lot more capability there now than there was 5 years ago to gap close... and that's something that AO has failed on for a very long time.

Other games have stuff like a chain, hook, jump-gap closer, and almost every melee hero has a method of gap closing on a reasonably short cooldown. But AO has always been constrained by the same old same old run mechanics:

You run fast? I run faster. I'll gap close in (D1-D2)/(RS1-RS2) and hope that I don't get bored to death if that differential results in a timing longer than 10 seconds.

Melee vs melee was always interesting too though. I remember one of the greatest fights I was ever in where me and Deathsrow got separated from the main population and fought out a long, protracted battle in isolation, kiting each other during our low defence times and trying desperately to whittle each other down, that fight went on a good 10 minutes or so and at the end when DR beat me, he PM'd and said if I'd turned and had hit him 2-3 times I would have beat him because he had no mana for even moonlight or whatever the normal heal is with everything on CD.

Good times. But I think the state of game has addressed a lot of those melee vs kiter problems. I just wish I could find some war and get into it again.

I haven't attended a single tower war on any of my twinks since the changes to MB and I desperately want to.

@arum your NS build was very solid, and a beacon of hope in divergent thought among the spammers. Good job, in retrospect!

I would never, ever, EVER, use the tactics that I use at wars, in duels...my thoughts on LoS, etc...do everything to win when it comes to wars, in duels respect your opponent, do what you can to make the fight a challenge, and a fair one, even if it means gimping yourself at times...which I have done PLENTY...at war tho, it really is "do everything to win", and that's something I will always respect, even when it turns people into complete *******s..IT'S WAR!!! it's also anarchy, but yeah,lol.

I give no quarter at wars, and neither should anyone else. talk smack, use head games, exploit every advantage you can without actually breaking rules(don't be shimka, k). remember that it's war, they are there to KILL you, not to tickle you until you fart, so kill them first, and kill then often, make then create LoR threads about how you must be cheating, and how unfair X prof vs. X prof is, focus on breaking keyboards, and creating more wealth for China, do EVERYTHING to win...but don't confuse war with a duel, these are two different things, with two different sets of ethics.

@all, lots of fun I remember so many hours, thousands of unforgettable fights that I don't think any game will ever come close to matching. AO was something very special to me, and so is everyone I played it with. great game
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

^^ yeah, I've never been able to play another MMO since AO. Nothing I've tried has even come close to comparing.

It's so sad, it really had/has so much wasted potential.

Damn, reading this thread made me sentimental :-(
    Racker - 220/30 - Enforcer - equip | Rackie - 220/28 - Doctor - equip
    Racklette- 174/21 - Adventurer - equip | Schabracke- 168/18 - NT - equip | Rackoons- 165/20 - Trader - equip

Some AO guys in suits and ties who do nothing but browse these forums all day should actually read this thread and implement some of the changes people are asking for. Also, they should be able to see which of the things pushed people away and do something to fix them.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Golden oldie

When i was young
    When the new engine was comming soon
    When i had no personal life

Fun times
    Kirby "Rizu" Mustache 220 ma
    "Katrien" 200 agent
    "Dokkie" is Robin 165 doc
    "Risianne" 168 fix
    Dr "Tamilasa" 200 sol
    "Naye" 220 crat

Hey Rizuuuuuuuu!!!!

Those were fun times indeed, too bad the game looks like it's dying
    Racklette- 174/21 - Adventurer - equip | Schabracke- 168/18 - NT - equip | Rackoons- 165/20 - Trader - equip

Aren't they saying that from 2007, after le did came out? Looks like the game + community is stil around.
    "Katrien" 200 agent
    "Risianne" 168 fix
    Dr "Tamilasa" 200 sol
    "Naye" 220 crat

Wtf, LE really came out 2007? THAT long ago??? O.o

I think for me the point at which AO kind of "broke" was when they moved tl5 bs from NL to ICC - just wasnt the same anymore after that. But anyway, I'm sure I'll come back some day, when I'm retired. You coming too?

Quote Originally Posted by RiZu View Post
    Aren't they saying that from 2001, after ao did came out? Looks like the game + community is stil around.
    Fixed that for you

Thx for the fix Esssch, so true!

And can't get ao to work on my mac. Going to see next year if i can buy a cheap pc somewhere and then i can start haunting u!
    "Katrien" 200 agent
    "Risianne" 168 fix
    Dr "Tamilasa" 200 sol
    "Naye" 220 crat

hmm...are we "vets" yet? oO
    T O O N Z:

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast