Thread: GSP Presents: "A Halloween 'Spooky-themed' Photo Booth (Screenshot) Contest!

GSP Presents: "A Halloween 'Spooky-themed' Photo Booth (Screenshot) Contest!

This time of year will give you a ton of props and inspiration to work with and we’re sure you’ll impress us with your creativity!

And yeah, photo booths are TOTALLY vintage selfies, so… the correlation here is to impress us with your artistry of screenshot taking capabilities!

Let's get to the details!

What is the contest?

Take a screenshot that includes your character (limit: 1 entry per person) during the AO Halloween 2014 Event (from Oct 30 until Nov 9 11:59 PM EST) featuring your character participating in some form or fashion with the event related hijinks during the most spooky time of the year. It can include the wardrobe (from this and other events – as long as it fits with the ‘Halloween-y spirit), the locations, missions, PARTIES, NPCs, the monsters…or anything within reason that has a ‘spooky’ feel! The point of it is that it absolutely must include your player character in the screenshot!

After you take the screenshot, you e-mail it to us (contest@gridstream.org) or post it in this thread on GSP's forums. The screenshot must be submitted by November 9th 2014 11:59 PM EST.

How do I take a screenshot?

You can take a screenshot in game by hitting the button F11.

Also, you can hide your UI by hitting 'y' to hide the hotbar, shift + \ to hide everything else....and then you close the chat manually. If you have a better way to do this, please let me know.

How do I submit an image?

Two ways:

GSP Forum post: Make an account, join our community – the more the merrier - and attach the image to your post IN THIS THREAD.(You can use imgur or photobucket to link it as well if that is easier for you).

E-mail: Send an e-mail to contest@gridstream.org with an attachment or link of your screenshot.

(If, for some reason, neither of those options work for you, PM Iolanthe on the official TSW forums, poke me on twitter (@HerVioletEyes), or prod me on tsw-rp forums as Lia Lester. We can be flexible!)

WE WILL NEED INFORMATION: Character Name and the best way to contact you (on the GSP forums, e-mail, in-game mail, we will absolutely need the character name for Funcom to grant you the rewards!)

(And no, no telepathy option this time. I have enough voices in my head.)

What are the prizes?

First place - 1200 funcom points
    Second Place - 800 funcom points
    Third Place - 666 funcom points
    Honorable Mention (2) - 666 funcom points
    Lottery style prizes - (2 to 6 drawings) 666 funcom points

(ultimately, the lottery portion depends on the number of submissions - depending on interest, it will range from 2 to 6 drawings. I will update in the thread when I think we'll be more than enough to allow for the max number of drawings!)

How do I win?

Two ways:

The three ranked prizes and the two honorable mentions will be decided via a popular internal vote among GSP staff!

The 6 lottery drawings will be drawn throughout the duration of the show.

Note #1: Points will be transferred to your account after the contest by a CM.
    Note #2: If you win one of the ranked prizes, you are not eligible for the raffle to allow for fairness.

How long does this contest run?

The duration of this contest will run from October 30, 2014 until November 9, 2014 – closed by 11:59 PM EST.

When will the winners be announced?

As of right now, that has yet to be determined, but it will be during a show a bit after the contests actually ends. This will be updated when the details are set in stone.

The winners will be posted on twitter, here, and facebook as they are announced during the show that is chosen for that format. I’ll be sure to post the winners in other social media and expected forum posts, so it shall be properly advertised!

If you can't be at the show "physically", that is fine! You can always tune-in remotely!

How many times can I enter this contest?

We ask that each individual please only submit one (1) entry to allow for everyone to have a fair shot!

Questions? Feel free to ask!

Be spooky!

Courtesy of Iolanthe and Gridstream Productions!

sorry if I didn't read all and misunderstood, but here is a photo:

http://i59.tinypic.com/4s04mg.png