Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What could life in AO be like?

Interesting read, so to sum it up...

HC was a pvp bot but now has pvm points system.
    Iraid was pvm points bot but now has pvp system.
    Anyone can go to Iraid but not HC, and if you get kicked from HC you can take your points to Iraid.

Here is my question, are the HC people mad at Iraid people because they are taking active players from the HC bot?
    OR
    Is the anger from the threat of kicking members becomes less when they have somewhere to take their points to?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Interesting read, so to sum it up...

HC was a pvp bot but now has pvm points system.
    I lold. Good summary, except you're wrong right off the bat (sticking to your most prominent pattern) since hellcom is a point system pvm bot since it's inception.

I thought HC started as a RK1 tower raid (rally) bot with no points?

Many many years ago for notum wars. Is that not correct?

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I've been lolling the whole thread. I got popcorn back on page two but forgot to post it.

I think I have a better summary:

"Omni run point bots are in confliction."

Confliction --> drama --> fallout

So, perhaps a better summary is:

"Omni losin TL7 towers soon, lawl. Nubs."

And they say RP is dead 'eh

Priceless
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Here is my question, are the HC people mad at Iraid people because they are taking active players from the HC bot?
    OR
    Is the anger from the threat of kicking members becomes less when they have somewhere to take their points to?
    I thought HC started as a RK1 tower raid (rally) bot with no points?
    In the order you asked:

Neither. The HC people don't care about Iraid. Note the HC admin comments aren't about Iraid, they're just mad that Wisdom doesn't like their bot. Also note, Wisdom didn't bring up that detail; Pafpuf started raging over two words (see post #16) and still hasn't stopped.

In theory, you lose control over people when you don't have a monopoly. Then, they won't defend your towers in exchange for pvm loot. In practice, nobody really cares.

RumbleCom used to be the pvp bot, while HC was always pvm. Depending how far back you want to go, bots were chat, not points.

ON TOPIC:
    I agree with Herk. The problem is players not getting banned.

Pretty boring, mostly afk
    Laydne / Dewestad / Reness

The Pain Dealers are recruiting

Live streaming @ www.twitch.tv/laydne

Best to get rid of bots. The game itself needs better systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberleet View Post
    Best to get rid of bots. The game itself needs better systems.
    A lot of org bots would be mad at you for that suggestion...

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

This thread is facinating !!

Keep going guys, good job

*grab popcorn*

On a more serious note :

Most of people in this thread looks like 2 chicken fighting in an arena, with people all arround taking bet.
    prety much pathetic I must say.
    Ohh wait, is this some kind of RP ? If so, you're in wrong forum guys

Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by srompu View Post
    In theory, you lose control over people when you don't have a monopoly. Then, they won't defend your towers in exchange for pvm loot. In practice, nobody really cares.
    this may have changed since i left, but most tower defs actually dont use hc. there even was an emo movement about that. but hc tower stuff only happened for large scale stuff. 95%+, maybe even 99% run without hc.

on a more general note:

concerning clans posting hc chats. i would estimate that around a quarter to half of all players, whatever side, have access to enemy bot. for the majority of the time i was active, i never needed that. I always knew a guy Usually though, information exchange primarily focused around passing on drama for chuckles. but point is: bot spying has been part of ao as long as bots exist. so: chill.

a lot of the drama has been quite entertaining over the years but like in real life i find it sad when people get so involved with staging some mediocre sitcom that things that would actually justify the drama slip by unnoticed. e.g. how long has the noob as gun been around now? just an example. there are many many issues that would justify the energy and consistency people put into reenacting the bring it on trilogy (which by the way is an awesome sequel!). don't get me wrong. i probably would have quit way earlier if the great entertainers a la gflow et al hadn't been around.

@hide: those are your serious posts? in that case, i think you should hand the popcorn to someone else. also, just one of them is a chick and therefore legally allowed to chickfight.
    Last edited by Xootch; Oct 25th, 2014 at 03:41:16.

What, cause I suggested better systems?

No. FC knows how deep the bots are going tho. If they decide to cut them off, they will replace them with something at least equal.
    If they don't, you can expect one of the most important drama soon.
    Bots are now 200% part of AO, no matter what. And FC knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    @hide: those are your serious posts? in that case, i think you should hand the popcorn to someone else. also, just one of them is a chick and therefore legally allowed to chickfight.

I didn't point at anyone while saying this.
    My point was : "make constructive post, or just don't reply"
    Way too many people today are beeing emotive, and reply too fast vs critisism. Because they think some pixel protect them
    In this case : Wisdo, and pafpuf.

Think before acting or saying anything, or you'll just make fun of yourself.
    Last edited by Hide; Oct 25th, 2014 at 19:55:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Hide View Post
    Think before acting or saying anything, or you'll just make fun of yourself.
    ever tried your own medicine?

now I remember why I didn't post on forum that much... pointless
    most of you arguing all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberleet View Post
    What, cause I suggested better systems?
    Sorry i must have missed your "suggested better systems", what were they again?

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Tara has ALWAYS been the dungeon where the faction (or perhaps.. bot) that is superior get the loot. Whoever has the power here, has the beneficial of getting the special drop loot.
    The fact that I see in raids over the years that people change the pvp factor to pvm when the opposite faction or bot has no presence there, amuses me. To be able to control the dungeon you need to be superior in numbers and activity. Killing any who tries to take down Tara for their own loot.
    Changing this is like changing a big part of the game.

42 is the hardest content in the game and why change it? Cause the incompetent leaders who try so hard to do it on a daily basis cannot do it with just 5 people.
    Spartans has done 42 with ONLY 22 people on 3 sides - What does that tell you? They're experienced and has done it.. some time before.
    Changing content to suit the needs of people who wants to do it is retarded and should be banned. CHANGING a game to make it as suitable for a player as possible is retarded! Think what you say!
    Should I ask GM's to change my characters AS to fire off 5 times every time i click it? To make it suitable and perfect for me? No! Cause im not crying about any aspect of the game, nor do i have problems with it.

Now, back to reality.

The fact Wisdomman complains about the games state of attitude right now, blows my mind. Lets see on some timescale here.

-Wisdomman were promoted. 37 raids done in 7 days.
    -Another week passes. 10 42 raids, and 31 different raids. 2 threats to get me banned. 41 raids total in 7 days.
    -Another week passes. Problems with AO servers causing severe lagspikes over several days, one of these Hellcom held 42 raid by Wisdomman.. 1 ban threat. 43 raids total in 7 days
    -Another week passes. During a 42 raid Wisdommans side (I was there) gets problems and the tank is stuck - A shade decides to tank so the raid doesnt wipe. [Hellcom] Wisdomman: !c Dont heal the shade x3 = Resulting in the side wiping anyway. Ban served on the shade with good intentions. Enfo tries to explain the shade tried to save the raid... unless posted command wasnt given. 5 ban threats - 2 given. He also threatened to get my accounts banned. 15 raids done in 7 days.

It took our subject here, 1 month to degree himself down.

My question here is; How retarded can someone be? I mean, when you start at the peak and slowly climb down to the level where you cannot climb upwards - Is beyond me.
    The fact that Wisdomman left my organization after being declined to join Tara raid, demanding to be added cause he does something for the Omni community.. to be added, amuses me. You SIMPLY dont come late for a tara raid despite whatever status you have. But ofcourse, i might be delusional.

My rant is over. I've read through this entire thread and everyone who post here should take a short trip back to 2008 era. And perhaps read the storyline. There's ALWAYS meant to be conflict between Omni-Tek and Clan. Bots aside, i know Hellcom has policy with clan alts and association, mad? Leave.
    "Meliz" Crat
    "Snoopdooog" MA
    "Melizabe" Sol
    "Hozpital" Arguably best 2016 doc
    "Sleekiez" The swiftest meeper ingame!
    "Cruzade" Will see you!
    "Stitmeistr" TL5 Enf
    "Cruzad3" 86 Agent
    "Treatmate" 86 Enf
    "Dankengine1" 39 Nanite FP Trader
    "Behekills" 21 Enf

Or check out our Informational Site
    Or apply today Rebirth Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Sleekyz View Post
    everyone who post here should take a short trip back to 2008 era.
    in 2008 it was ur brother playing on his account wut u know about this period urself
    *grab popcorn*

ahhh...now i know what this is about...ty mel

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast