Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ranged Energy Endgame Weapons and Melee Energy Perk Support

*busts out the Necronomicon*

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

How about symb support aswell ... on like hmm Support symbs!!

But it would have to be shade like perks to make RE as good as shotgun is now for trader.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    How about symb support aswell ... on like hmm Support symbs!!

But it would have to be shade like perks to make RE as good as shotgun is now for trader.
    I'd love to see the RE line opened up to Traders and some sort of decent AC Drain attached to the perks. That'd be amazing.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Old school trader RE was cool

I used to dual wield the old tower weapons called the Revolving Cold Lasers pre-SL, and they were seriously amazing and it was the perfect weapon for nanomages since we are heavily favored for Sense/Int/Psy. These are the same ability reqs for our armors. Shotgun is STR/AGI, which is not our line at all. If you were to follow the equipment lines, we should actually be very suited for RE. Trouble is, FC screwed us up for any meaningful RE weapons, specifically by halting the perkline for Power Up mid-path. Since I am only interested in PvM, the specials aren't of interest to me and I spend a lot of my time casting anyway. The weapon I really wanted to wield after the RCL's were made useless were the Serious Destruction weapons. The alien RE weps aren't horrible either, nor are the Dredloch RE weapons. All are very feasible RE weapons.Furthermore, the RE line for symbiants only exists in Artillery brain, eye and left hand, and Artillery requires STR/AGI/INT. These symbs do not have any multi-ranged buffs in them either, so that means you have to go to Artillery for your left and right wrist as well.The only way RE is probably feasible is to not dual wield anything, which kind of blows my idea out of the water. I know, I'm complaining about crap no one cares about, but the class is actually more inclined towards RE and our supporting equipment links you far more easily to RE than to shotgun, but FC cuts that avenue off for us, pretty much. If you wanted to really throw it in there, Raggy, have them remove the Power Up restrictions, insure that Accumulator procs correctly with RE and set up symbiants to have RE in the control line rather than the artillery line. Then I think this would be not only be feasible for us, but it wouldn't completely wreck our tradeskills by being able to fight (certainly engineers don't have this problem) and it would be fun!
    Last edited by joshuacrime; Dec 28th, 2015 at 02:30:09. Reason: can't get paragraph separation, sorry
    -----------------------------------
    The few, the proud...the Traders.
    -----------------------------------

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123