Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Monthly Development Update - January 2015 (The Calm)

Type faster
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    I'm still writing them. :P
    I didnt even know TS got an update..i was at work when I posted that, but I love you.
    had to be said

I'm still writing them. :P
    I assume Live server maintenance tomorrow is just maintenance?

Emma

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    I assume Live server maintenance tomorrow is just maintenance?

Emma
    Tomorrow we're patching Live to 18.6.20, which mostly adds Valentine's stuff, fixes a couple issues with the New Inf Missions, and randomly drops the level reqs of Nippy Stilettos to TL2.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

randomly drops the level reqs of Nippy Stilettos to TL2.
    I like this Random dude, now just make them drop a tad more often from the mob itself, at least go from 0.00000000000001% to someting like 0.1%

Crazy unnerf? Yeah i know!
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Feb 10th, 2015 at 21:21:14.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Tomorrow we're patching Live to 18.6.20, which mostly adds Valentine's stuff, fixes a couple issues with the New Inf Missions, and randomly drops the level reqs of Nippy Stilettos to TL2.
    So, Nippy Stilettos level reqs are sometimes TL2 and sometimes something else? Or, they randomly drop from the new Inferno mission bosses with a TL2 requirement?

What were the issues with the New Inferno missions?

Emma

Not sure if I like that TL2 stuff drops in endgame level content. That is just as weird as going to Inf to get weapons for your lvl 100-150 toon. (Or did I misunderstand?)
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Patch Notes will clear up the confusion.

Patience, Padawan you need.
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    Not sure if I like that TL2 stuff drops in endgame level content. That is just as weird as going to Inf to get weapons for your lvl 100-150 toon. (Or did I misunderstand?)
    You misunderstood. Nippy's still drop where they drop currently, they've just had their level requirement lowered greatly.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    You misunderstood. Nippy's still drop where they drop currently, they've just had their level requirement lowered greatly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure
    and randomly drops the level reqs of Nippy Stilettos to TL2.
    Sounds like: sometimes (rarely) the reqs are TL2, otherwise the normal TL>= 4 reqs.

Interesting concept...
    DROP TABLE AO.Secret_Nerf_Table

AOSpeak Site
    Join AOSpeak, the Anarchy Online Teamspeak 3 server!
    Send /tell speak help for more information.

The dropping of it was random in reason. It's not random in the items at all
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

I can't help feel scared for these changes. Has anyone been testing them in regards to pvm because alot of the changes seem hugely pvp oriented. For my mp at least, I'm going to do less damage because of the changes that's been done to my setup items and it will take me longer to kill due yo new mechanics, am I fearing for nothing, please somebody tell me yes.
    Last edited by gresh; Feb 12th, 2015 at 13:13:04.

Funcom employee

and randomly drops the level reqs of Nippy Stilettos to TL2.
    I was wrong about this one. Sorry Shades for the false #hype. I believe it's actually going to require TL3 instead of TL2. I have some finger wagging to do.

This will be a part of 18.7, though.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

I was wrong about this one. Sorry Shades for the false #hype. I believe it's actually going to require TL3 instead of TL2. I have some finger wagging to do.
    I did think it was a bit odd that nipples went from TL3 -> TL4 -> TL2 req.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Maybe them OP shades get some buffage to equip em at tl2.
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    I can't help feel scared for these changes. Has anyone been testing them in regards to pvm because alot of the changes seem hugely pvp oriented. For my mp at least, I'm going to do less damage because of the changes that's been done to my setup items and it will take me longer to kill due yo new mechanics, am I fearing for nothing, please somebody tell me yes.
    How are you going to do less damage. Ain't MP's getting new weapon perk lines and all?
    Equilibrium forums https://eqorg.com

I'm assuming the hits that get glanced due to the deflect mechanic no longer take damage off the mob because well you know... It glanced. Apparently so regarding attack perks but we've been getting a new pet for years and so far there's been no sign. I haven't personally been on test. I have more than enough things im trying to accomplish in game and no where near enough time to do them without spending what lil time I do have basically doing funcoms job. This is why I asked the question but the thoughts I posted in your quote are generated from reading the comments of people being on test. Specifically remember reading a post complaining how many attacks were glanced and how much longer the fight took. I suppose looking at it now I realise my mistake. I will still do pretty much the same damage as a mob only has so much hp and once its gone its gone so no more extra amd no less damage can be done outside what ever hp the mob heals its self for in the time of the fight. So yeah ok forget I said less damage when really I was more referring to the length of time ill have to fight for just to do the same damage with the number of hits deflecting.
    Last edited by gresh; Feb 27th, 2015 at 19:18:19.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234