Thread: Mantis Den annoyance.

Mantis Den annoyance.

Okay, highest part of the Mantis Den really needs some improvements to make the daily less of a pain.

1) The dungeon needs a level 200 level cap. The daily is for level 150-200 players. It's a massive pain to have a 220 faceroll the whole area ahead of you, so you get to sit and wait what seems like an eternity for respawns, only to have another 220 come in after you and faceroll past your progress in the daily, thus clearing the whole dungeon past where you currently are. The entire daily has just become "group AFKs while 220 does all the work". Some of us actually do the mission on our own without outside help, and we're punished for it because of other players' laziness.

2) The respawns on both the trash Mantises and the Queen need to be adjusted. This ties into the first issue. Once a 220 facerolls the area, you get to sit and wait forever for the respawns, and then you get to the queen, said 220 takes her down in 15-20 seconds, and then you have a 30-minute wait while staring the next 220 down hoping you can outdamage him when she respawns, which you obviously can't.

It's getting really aggravating having to deal with these issues, and the solution isn't "Okay, then you get a 220 friend to do all the work for you too".

Level caps are obnoxious. Just make all dungeons instanced.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Yeah instancing would be lovely. Pity that wasn't done when it was turned into an elite daily.

Bump for instancing and while your at it have the Mantis drop the Pieces needed to build Armor Drop again .
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    Yeah instancing would be lovely. Pity that wasn't done when it was turned into an elite daily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dollcet View Post
    Bump for instancing and while your at it have the Mantis drop the Pieces needed to build Armor Drop again .
    Mantis Den is instanced.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Mantis Den is instanced.
    If it is instanced at all then it has to be the old " 16 Toons in 1 Groupselector , 17th opens second Groupselector " Scheme .
    And that Scheme doesnt really solve the Trains & Outdamage unless somebody is willing (or Insane enough ) to log 16 Toons for a Daily......
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

Easiest method is enter via Borealis door, if it's crowded exit and re-enter. 90% of the time I get a fresh GS to play in, and recently ended up in GS3.
    Yes, it's the old method still used by ToTW, but imo it's perfectly acceptable.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

would be nice if the parts for mantis armor started dropping again there, is a strange situation that mantis armor recives an update (all dmg types on them) but the needed parts for it has stopped dropping.

Easiest method is enter via Borealis door,
    Hum, where is that door? I only know that you can exit to Bore, not enter from?

Regards!

It is the same door that you appear next to when you leave Smuglers Den.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

The same door you used to have to have Reet form to access? I remember that being declared an exploit..lol.

Mantis Den needs its topography leveled out and also needs better mob density but I suppose those are tertiary issues.

Also, has anyone seen Metallic Mantis armor mats drop? Did they remove them? Ive done the daily like 4-5 times now and havent seen a single piece.
    Limefire, The Great White Hope

Haven't seen a single bit of mantis armour precursor and I've done an obnoxious number of mantis den dailies levelling a variety of characters through both level range missions.

Also the instance number caps have to be looked at. Splitting up teams over GSes is frustrating as hell. Allow the cap to accomodate all current team members when the first one enters. Or if the cap is goign to be hit after the first person steps in, bump that first person to the next instance with lots of spots. It's crap having to spend ages running in and out to try and gather the team all into one GS when you end up split over 2 or 3 even though you formed the complete team before anyone zoned in.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Mantis Den is instanced.
    Not in the sense we're clearly talking about
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.