Thread: New Graphic Engine issue.. Just a white screen

New Graphic Engine issue.. Just a white screen

Hey there I am hoping others are experiencing this as well and I am not the only one. I hate being the only one.

I have installed a fresh copy of AO using the new graphic engine down loader. When I hit the play button it acts like its going to present me the login window, as I see it for just a sec, then the screen goes completely white. Almost like the contrast in the game is on full blast.

From there I am dead in the water as I can't see anything on screen in the game as well so I have to kill the task running to stop the game. I have tried uninstalling/installing many times and even played with the graphic setting on the launcher and nothing works.

I am running a AMD Radeon R9 200 with the latest drivers. Any suggestions on what i should try?

Grampy
    JM

No help - but having exact the same issue! Change resolution and every other graphics setting with no success.

KD

Do you have any custom game profiles in the AMD Control center? I had this issue while it was on the test server and had to delete any custom profiles and reset the system settings profile to default.
    Hope it helps.
    Looking for active Omni org.

Camthai
    lon 216 - 14- Opifex Fixer
    Calissan 182 - 6- Atrox Enforcer

Newbie is a slang term for a novice or newcomer, or somebody inexperienced in any profession or activity.
    Two related terms are "newb", a beginner who is willing to learn; and "noob" (often spelt "n00b" or "nub"), a derogatory name.

Quote Originally Posted by Camthailon View Post
    Do you have any custom game profiles in the AMD Control center? I had this issue while it was on the test server and had to delete any custom profiles and reset the system settings profile to default.
    Hope it helps.
    Well this was the fix for me. I did have a custom game profile. Removed it and it worked. No more white screen.

Grampy
    JM

Thanks a lot, Cam - that was the solution!

Good to know, a white screen is a "new thing" as far as the engine is concerned beta NDA lifted so I can say that now
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.