Thread: Who controls wiki.aodb.us?

Who controls wiki.aodb.us?

I've been poking wiki.aodb.us and it needs an item database update. Does anyone know who to contact to make this happen?

Depends what you mean. IIRC, it's linking to AOItems, at least when the articles use the item tag. Or were you thinking of something else?
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

It's linking to AO Items but it's still pulling the names from aodb.us, and the maintenance script that uploads icons hasn't run since late 2011.

See sample of missing icons and names.

Any recent item with a proper name has been manually entered into the wiki page, not referenced by id. (The manual entries have a trailing forward slash in the URL)

Also the links to AOItems don't function properly — the tag attempts to link to a particular QL as if the site was auno or xyphos
    Last edited by Psithief; Jun 29th, 2015 at 17:45:14.

I've let Shadowgod know, and linked him to this thread.
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Thankyou

Welllll..... was wondering when someone would bring this up. since I don't have a working db ripper since years ago, I haven't been able to update the simple table used for pulling up the reference info (pretty much just item id, icon id, name). this is going to be the more tricky aspect to find a more future orientated fix for the tag.

though since xyph's site and mine don't really exist anymore (far as I'm aware), i'll at least try and get the extension to force any items linked to these to go to aoitems this week.

i'll also look into the links not working right.

lastly, demoder brought up some other tag thing, {{ITEM}} which I assume someone else made, possibly junglegeorge. don't know where all its used or what its intent was, unless its some abstraction ontop of my abstraction :P it sounds like it may just be a template that can be modified on the wiki site itself.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

I made {{ITEM}} so I could remove all references to {{XYPHOS}}. (Subsequently, now I wish to know how to mark a template for deletion. )

The key reason for the template is that <aodb> would give the exact item name, but the template allowed the item link to be renamed for situations where a shorter or alternate item title was appropriate.

{{ITEM}} doesn't make icons magically appear, however. <aodb> still needs to work for that.

I'm also working on a bot (based on addwiki/mediawiki) to fix the awful copy/paste jobs people did when they made a whole lot of pages.

I've sent Shadowgod a dump which should help improve wiki.aodb.us item links.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    I've sent Shadowgod a dump which should help improve wiki.aodb.us item links.
    got it, thanks. uploaded to the wiki and should be working better now.

also minor note, mediawiki was upgraded to a much more recent version.. so things may look slightly different (I swear they changed the font for the default skin, and I'm not sure I'm happy with it).

- Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

I tried editing something, for nanoline changes in 18.7, and I need to have an account. Cannot create one, have to request one, okay... Request account page is coming up blank :/

Quote Originally Posted by Teeko View Post
    I tried editing something, for nanoline changes in 18.7, and I need to have an account. Cannot create one, have to request one, okay... Request account page is coming up blank :/
    should be fixed now. we had a horrible spammer problem a year or two ago, and standard prevention methods weren't working (and honestly, the more compex captchas really anger and frustrate me as a user and didn't want to inflict those on people) , so had to just set it to manually auth accounts.

- Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

All the <aodb> tags are causing 500 Internal Server errors, is the database down?

Quote Originally Posted by Psithief View Post
    All the <aodb> tags are causing 500 Internal Server errors, is the database down?
    not.... technically. just a variable that didn't get updated a day or two ago when an update was done. fixed now.

- Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    I've sent Shadowgod a dump
    Way to motivate! I like your style.
    Latest version of Item Assistant: http://ribbs.dreamcrash.org/ialight/