Thread: New engine feedback

New engine feedback

Hi, new engine feedback thread? Here's my 2 cents:

- I think the shadows look ridiculous and distracting (can you turn em off?)
    - the volumetric fog thingy makes everything look non-sharp and foggy (can you turn it off?)

For me, running old engine with max details and forced antialiasing & anisotropic filtering looks so much better (with fog disabled etc)

Now don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome you actually pushed it out, and definitely an improvement for ppl running on integrated/dual gfx laptops etc, who can now run it on dedicated gfx card.

For me, old engine is still the way to go atm.

- Ric
    Riczorz 220/30 Enforcer (Troxxorz/RK2)
    Riczor 220/30 Bureaucrat
    Ricmd 220/30 Doctor
    Ricmeister 220/30 Engineer
    Ricz 220/30 Keeper (Riverarc/RK2)

Expert Leveling [youtube.com]

https://www.twitch.tv/riczorz

Massively disagree.
    You can turn off the shadows.
    You can turn off the grass.
    Don't use FXAA use SMAA.

It's still a beta and you don't have to use it.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

I haven't ben able to download the new engine yet. It says it's 511 GB to DL and I haven't been able to get past bin #1 before I have to turn comp off/go to work/the comp shuts off.

Seems the downloader doesn't recognize if you've already DL'd some content so it keeps trying to do the whole thing in one go.

I gave up after 3 tries and decided I was happy with the old graphics anyway. I don't play AO for graphics, (lol?) how could you...

JDownloader seems to work as said in this post. It worked for me to grab the old client some time back.

As posted here

Busy downloading the new engine client.
    Proud Unit Leader of Asgard