Thread: best froob partner for an enforcer

best froob partner for an enforcer

Hi all. My girlie and I want to give AO a new try and she is thinking of trying an Enforcer (she likes Melee).

In the past I've tried several Chars in AO so I should be able to play the most of them.

What do you think is - maybe not the best - but a good/funny but not obsolete partner for an Enforcer. I do not plan to play a) Adventurer b) Doctor c) MA or one of the 2 glas cannons NT and agent.
    We both have only froob accounts in the moment.

Thank you for your ideas.

You could go with a MP (1hb works well enough if you want to be melee as well) for some heals, dd and fun meatball jokes.

If you'd prefer a proper ranged prof you can always go with Fixer (low'ish dmg but hots/ncu/runspeed will be great to have) or Trader (wranglers are priceless and it still has some heals/mezz/roots).

Just my 2c.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Enf+Engi has some really nice synergy.

Enf with mongo+layers spammage

Engi with AC buffs, Reflect buffs, and most importantly; aoe blinds. You should be able to cast the lowest blind aura at around lvl ~30, with half-assed gear.

It's imo a very fun combo as well, because you'll be able to handle quite a lot of adds with a bit of team work. And you'll both be able to do good damage.
    220/30 doc [E]
    220/30 crat [E]
    220/30 shade [E]
    158/21 trader [E]
    117/13 agent [E]
    56/6 trader [E]
    30/3 enforcer [E]

In my opinion the first three Characters that free players should make in AO should be: MP, Trader and Fixer. These should be on seperate accounts of course.

If levelled to around 60-100 these three professions will allow you access to Mastery, Infuse and Mochams as well as wrangles which will make playing as a free player 10x more enjoyable. The fix is obviously for NCU, speed and (if able to complete quests) fgrid access.

Try and convince your girlfriend to play a fix or play both MP and Trader at the same time!

Froob to 200 is fun, but you need to farm quite a few odd items to feel like the character you're playing is performing up to expectations. HI / Ian loots are pretty much mandatory. Rolling Nuet might be a benefit depending on who controls Tara/ rules regarding level req's /DKP

Roll a Sol crat. Mezz/Root/Snare and AOE speech. 100% crowd control all the way to endgame keeps girlfriend from hugging reclaim.

Both of you should be boxing at least one extra character.
    Last edited by Higain; Aug 28th, 2015 at 20:14:54.

A trader would make the best companion if you ask me.