Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718

Thread: Item Assistant

One of the things I've been impressed by, is that AO:Light seems able to handle several different AO-folders. I have 4-5 separate AO "installations" (one for each account I use) and it seems able to catch information coming in from all of them. I have no idea how this is possible, since you have to point to a specific folder when setting it up iirc.

Anyway, I was mostly checking in to say thanks for this awesome tool and throw some love at whoever is developing it atm
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

FC migrated the prefs, including inventory details, into Users/<username>/AppData/Funcom quite a while back.
    So even having multiple installation directories, all the prefs are stored in a single directory that can be walked.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    FC migrated the prefs, including inventory details, into Users/<username>/AppData/Funcom quite a while back.
    So even having multiple installation directories, all the prefs are stored in a single directory that can be walked.
    Not if you copy your installation folder to manage several accounts. Then you get a unique directory in .../AppData/Funcom for each installation. I called mine "Anarchy Online - [Name of main char on X account]", so that they each have a unique name.

If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    Not if you copy your installation folder to manage several accounts. Then you get a unique directory in .../AppData/Funcom for each installation. I called mine "Anarchy Online - [Name of main char on X account]", so that they each have a unique name.
    Yes. The walk should start from the parent directory, which contains all your unique named prefs directories.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Yes. The walk should start from the parent directory, which contains all your unique named prefs directories.
    Ah, I see what you mean now - I only saw that inside AO:Light it points to a specific pref directory when I had a look, which is why I wondered a bit about it.

Regardless, it's pretty neat
    Last edited by Avari; Mar 13th, 2017 at 14:09:36.

It actually tracks the Prefs folder for any running instance of AO. This info isn't saved, it's dynamic.
    The Manual path is to provide access to the AO resource database to update the items database. This should be the installation that you keep updated. In most case it will run without updating. It depends on how extensive the patch was.

We are looking for beta testers and users with a LARGE database for testing. If someone could provide me with a copy of their database that would be very helpful. If not I will have to make my test database large enough to test the extreme scenarios, like 50K items or more. Mine is currently only around 12K items.

If you are interested in helping us Beta test, or code, send me a PM.

We are also interested in hearing any suggestions for features. We currently have quite a list of planned features. Some are quick to implement and will be added soon, others are more intensive and will take a while to implement. Either way, there are some good things coming!

Stay tuned!
    DROP TABLE AO.Secret_Nerf_Table

AOSpeak Site
    Join AOSpeak, the Anarchy Online Teamspeak 3 server!
    Send /tell speak help for more information.

Hello,

Is there any way to export the data in.txt/.csv form so I can work consult it between, say, the hours of 9 AM and 5 PM ?

Is there a specific file in the AO game install it needs, or do I have to copy/paste the complete install folders on my work another computer ? (what about the Documents/ folder ? that too ?)

Thank you for this wonderful program
    Last edited by Lenvee1; Jun 22nd, 2017 at 12:52:08. Reason: 2nd question + thanks

Hello,

I have found the .bak saved every day (sunday.bak, monday.bak, etc...) in my OneDrive folder, but how do i import them in another install of ItemAssistztn please ?

Thank you

I'm not sure if anyone is monitoring this thread but hoping someone can help. I am returning back to game and my last version of AOIA is 1.1.5.5. I thought it was just AO Item Assistant but upon reviewing the "About" information I see it labeled as: Anarchy Online Item Assistant++ (AO:IA++) 'Plus' Update by 'Dream' ++ Update by officeleet Version 1.1.5.5. Is there any way for me to upgrade this version without having to start over completely? I have 46 characters worth of information.. that just isn't feasible. As is, I'm using AOIA+ (current version) to track GMI information and the old version I had for everything else.

Thanks!
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

You should be fine upgrading to the latest + version (v1.2.6.0). It automatically converts older data to it's new format, and has an import from the IA:Lite version from a menu function.
    For it to import the old data, the "ItemAssistant.db" from your older version just needs to be dropped (copied) into the same folder as the new version and it will detect it when run, as it was designed as an "install over the top of the old version".
    Let me know if you hit any snags!
    Last edited by Dream; Apr 10th, 2018 at 07:34:58.
    Equilibrium may refer to: The condition of a system in which all competing influences are balanced, in a wide variety of contexts
    Infinity may refer to: The state or quality of being infinite. A number greater than any assignable quantity or countable number (symbol ∞).
    Vengeance may refer to: Vengeance (concept) or revenge, a harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance

AO Item Assistant+ :: https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoiaplus/::

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dream ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Not a rant, not a flame. Just another perspective."

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    You should be fine upgrading to the latest + version (v1.2.6.0). It automatically converts older data to it's new format, and has an import from the IA:Lite version from a menu function.
    For it to import the old data, the "ItemAssistant.db" from your older version just needs to be dropped (copied) into the same folder as the new version and it will detect it when run, as it was designed as an "install over the top of the old version".
    Let me know if you hit any snags!
    Thank you so much I did a restore from database and then chose the ItemAssistant.db file from my old installation and looks like it updated it with no issue.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718