Thread: aimed-shot changes...when ?

aimed-shot changes...when ?

When we can expect putting aimed-shot with full-auto and sneak-attack on same timer ? Meaning they cannot be used together ?
    Last edited by Yama; Oct 2nd, 2015 at 23:30:11.
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

maybe he was bored

AS is nolonger a problem... Wake up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Well getting 6k sneak and in about 2-3seconds another 8k aimedshot from same player. Or combo full-auto + aimed-shot which get your HP over half down in 1second i consider as a problem. With adding some perks you have nice alpha kill.

So instead of using those kind of specials for killing people i would prefer to use regular toolset and have option only for 1 of this deadly special attack.
    Last edited by Yama; Oct 3rd, 2015 at 18:15:39.
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

does it not strike anyone as odd that you can get hit for more than 6.5k with a single aimshot/sneak attack? theoretically an attack that caps at 13k in PvM should never hit for more than 6.5k in pvp unless the 13k cap is applied after pvp damage multipliers, meaning that unless you have more than 38k-ish HP, the cap means nothing. would it be too much to ask that reflects actually matter against these attacks, say make the 13k cap the FIRST thing that gets calced in pvp, rather than what seems to be second to last, last being the 30% target HP cap? i feel like this would be a much more well-rounded change than a shared cooldown. if you want to dump that much IP into raw offense, go ahead, but it shouldn't let you automatically gun down 60% of a targets HP, the only winning strategy with people running around with that kind of build is to be the first to land a hit.
    ha HA!

The damage that is calculated is much higher than 13k.
    If you take a look at this chart, which is missing the higher multipliers that are achievable, you can see the damage multipliers can be extremely high.
    Couple that with a critical hit on the AS roll you could be seeing pre-cap calculations of 60k+ so it's 'easy' enough to hit the 30% HP cap in PvP (or 13k in PvM) with enough skill.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Just add same cooldown line to all specials that can deal capped damage. And balance things after that.
    Will harm alphawars greatly, which is good.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

you guys do whatever you want with PVP, so long as this stuff doesn't affect PVE, so, I'm SO not in favor of shared cooldowns for specials, because alpha-ing a mob is a very legitimate strategy at a few level ranges where it's difficult to IP evades and HP and nanoskills and weaponskills and treatment and comp lit

Quote Originally Posted by vitriolic-v View Post
    you guys do whatever you want with PVP, so long as this stuff doesn't affect PVE, so, I'm SO not in favor of shared cooldowns for specials, because alpha-ing a mob is a very legitimate strategy at a few level ranges where it's difficult to IP evades and HP and nanoskills and weaponskills and treatment and comp lit
    I've mentioned only specials that cap. No need to make shared cooldown to flind/burst/brawl/fast attack. It should affect sa/as/fa only.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Agree with Arty on this one, Have AS/FA lock each other out then a local cool down effecting SA/AS/FA so none can be fired off for 11s, This would be a very welcome nerf in pvp.

Also while your at it you guys need to lock out Engi's and Soldiers use 2 DD perk lines at the same time just like enfo's did

Engi = Pistol /Shotgun
    Soldier = SMG / Shotgun
    220 Sheilded MP And Proud

Try killing a doc with only aimedshot
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

Made even more fun with the extra 1.5k HP they will get, just thinking about it gives me chills.

Want to remind you all that a soldier cant realy kill anything except enf/keeper without FA+AS meaning the devs will have to rework the assault rifle soldiers at the same time to not make the profession broken.
    Assault rifle soldier is already a broken setup, and smg is the only setup that currently works decent, but even that setup would meet limits wich i dont care so much about compared to assault rifle.
    Also keepers dont realy own a alpha without sa+as, the perk dmg isnt good enough, they kinda get nerfed down the most.

But yes i am all for the changes if all thinks it is for the best, i just hope assault rifle soldiers/keepers can get some help at the same time with such changes.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Oct 23rd, 2015 at 16:21:21.

Putting these on the same timer would be a huge blow to PvP and most setups. 3 caps seems excessive (as does a capped triple), but you should be able to bounce back from 2 if you play your character right.

Most professions would be impervious to death in PvP in 1 on 1 situations if these specials were put on the same timer. No more eating Engi special blockers (as if you even already had time to begin with), Doctors simply would not die, MP's who cannot be perked would not die, Fixers with their HoT's would not be able to be killed by Fixers/Soldiers, etc.

As it is now, putting all 3 on the same timer is an ill-advised suggestion. You would have a lot of fights that never end and PvP would decline even further. I would also venture to say that AS/FA on the same lockout is a bad suggestion, but I am biased in my opinion, having played a Fixer as my main since 2001. For this reason, I will not input my thoughts, in the interest of remaining objective towards the original suggestion.

The same time they make FA track each bullet individually against evades instead of assuming all bullets after the first missed one also missed.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.