Thread: WebCrafter - An online tradeskill calculator

Thumbs up WebCrafter - An online tradeskill calculator

WebCrafter is an online tool that tries to help you figure out all the math involved in tradeskilling.

WARNING - Not all tradeskills are verified!

Features:
    • Calculate minimum required skills and quality of items required for a tradeskill process.
    • Display needed tools, items and skills for each step of the process.
    • Display a summary of the minimum skills and QL of items needed for completing the entire process.
    • Summary also lists amount of items needed, including multiple count of the same item, while counting reusable tools only once.
    • Will tell you what items are comsumed and what items are kept, for each step, and on the summary.

Available at: http://www.wrongplace.net/index.php?id=WebCrafter

Hope you like it
    Last edited by Mawerick; Nov 9th, 2015 at 16:36:30.
    Tools: AOCrafter | AOcrayon | GUISelect | WebCrafter

- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

Where did you come up with needing a QL 36 [Jensen Personal Ore Extractor] for the engineer pistol? Seems rather arbitrary.

Site really needs a sliding scale for QL, otherwise the skill requirements are useless.

Edit: I see alien armor has a sliding scale, but the engineer pistol does not.
    Latest version of Item Assistant: http://ribbs.dreamcrash.org/ialight/

I've not had the chance to verify all the tradeskills yet. Feel free to report any issue you find here, or with the small yellow "Report" icon at the top.

The engineer pistol tradeskill had some issues (the final step for each gun was reversed...). This has been fixed.
    I've also split this one up into 6 individual tradeskills.

Much improved, but maybe list engineer pistols by QL, and not by "Pistol 3" etc.. other than that, you lack a QL scale on the notum chip for "pistol 1"

Maybe add a search? to navigate faster

Very nice! Maybe add Service Towers to the list? Froobs stull use them, especially the QL220 Cyborg Service Tower http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=203110

Mark the post BETA TEST: WebCrafter - An online tradeskill calculator?

That way people won't assume the tool is perfected and waste a crafting item - and then come here and unload on you for making a simple mistake.
    Last edited by Higain; Nov 7th, 2015 at 18:59:15.

Good point. I've made changes to the post and the tool, it should be clear things are not 100% yet.

Search is on the todo list.
    I'll see about getting service towers added, and possibly a per-step QL slider.

Great start. The first thing I noticed when verifying the AI Armor page is that the QL slider doesn't allow numbers to be entered, only the slidebar itself. It's practically impossible to set it to a specific QL as it jumps too much given the small slider and number of steps. The input field for ql shouldn't be locked out.

Also AI Armor TS process is round off not round up on fraction.

Great tool, Mawerick.

Is it OK if I set AOItem's webcrawler to index this? If I do, links to the recipes will show up in the "Related Links" widget to the right, for items which have an associated tradeskill.

Also, if that's ok, may I request that you set a relevant page title for each recipe? Something like "<recipe title> - The Wrong Place :: WebCrafter" could work. (Page title becomes link text in the widget)
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Certainly, Demoder, crawl away!

I'll add the QL input, rounding error and title change to the todo list.

I've added search to the site now. Page titles have been updated, as suggested, and the QL field now takes input
    Rounding errors should also be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mawerick View Post
    I've added search to the site now.
    Suggestion: Autocomplete / dropdown / jquery for the search

Crawling! It will start showing on items in a week or so, or sooner if I get around to updating AOItems this weekend.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

You put a lot of work into these projects, well done!
    Just finished setting up prefs and client crashed.

Tweaked the process options handling a bit. It should be better at showing the right parts now. And the AOItems crawlers should be able to pick up more stuff too

Bowgie- One tiny correction: For Accelerated NCU Memory, Psychology is listed as a required tradeskill to complete the process. It should be Nanoprogramming. The rest of the process is correct.